Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#21 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Marcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
would that not fit the criteria of "underwhelming stats"?

There's a difference between "underwhelming stats" and "barely any stats". How can a player's stats accurately be described as underwhelming if barely any are available?

ok, what do you consider to be underwhelming? who would be your example?

You're already not answering my questions, I'm not going to waste my time on this.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#22 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
There's a difference between "underwhelming stats" and "barely any stats". How can a player's stats accurately be described as underwhelming if barely any are available?

You're already not answering my questions, I'm not going to waste my time on this.

good talk.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#23 » by freypies » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:19 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:When's the last time an international prospect with underwhelming stats became a good player?

Who is this in reference to? Avdija?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,276

Post#24 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:51 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
I thought someone would say Giannis but Giannis barely has any stats from before he was drafted.

lmao.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:44 am

clyde21 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

lmao.

I honestly do not understand the point of leaving little remarks here and then not justifying their existence. What exactly are you trying to prove here by doing that? Now we're saying that having under-recorded stats is the same as having underwhelming stats.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#26 » by EMG518 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:06 am

What is everyone's take on RJ Hampton?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#27 » by No-Man » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:08 am

EMG518 wrote:What is everyone's take on RJ Hampton?

high floor, meh ceiling

I think he will be solid, don't see the upside really
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,041

Post#28 » by Roddy B for 3 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:03 am

Fischella wrote:

high floor, meh ceiling

I see an Elfrid Payton/Daunte Exum type.

What do you think about those comparisons?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#29 » by JamesConway » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Fischella wrote:

high floor, meh ceiling

Who do you like around #20 for the Mavs?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
I thought someone would say Giannis but Giannis barely has any stats from before he was drafted.

Mr not enough overwhelming was passed on by every team in the lottery so the rule is risk and $ matter but Giannis has kind of changed some orgs willingness to bet on the upside
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Mr not enough overwhelming was passed on by every team in the lottery so the rule is risk and $ matter but Giannis has kind of changed some orgs willingness to bet on the upside

I don't think he has, in fact I think that teams are even less likely to bet on upside than in previous drafts.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#32 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:17 pm

top2 prospect in this class
clyde21
RealGM

Post#33 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:56 pm

who are the notable names people are thinking come back? it'll be a lot easier to do a fleshed out ranking once we have a good idea of who's in/out
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#34 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 pm

clyde21 wrote:who are the notable names people are thinking come back? it'll be a lot easier to do a fleshed out ranking once we have a good idea of who's in/out

Seems like there's fewer and fewer every year. It probably depends on what kind of guarantee they get, so it's too soon to tell. I think a player like Jahmi'us Ramsey stays unless he gets a 1st round guarantee. If he keeps hitting 3's the way he has lately, he'll get that guarantee.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#35 » by No-Man » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:32 pm

JamesConway wrote:
Fischella wrote:

high floor, meh ceiling

I like Trayce Jackson-Davis, Devin Vassell, Patrick Williams the most
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#36 » by nolang1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

There is no question. There is no debate other than you vs. the English language. It is always you just not understanding what words mean and making up your own definition for something that every reasonable person already understands. I'll help you out: when we talk about a prospect's stats, it's obviously understood that their stats are influenced by the level of competition they're playing against.

Aside from you, I'd say basically everyone else posting on this board has the sense to understand that just as the same stats accumulated in NCAA Division III aren't as impressive as if they were accumulated in NCAA Division I, there are differences among the various leagues in Europe. Most reasonable people elect to discuss those stats in broader terms rather than throwing out a bunch of numbers without context and getting bogged down in a discussion of how the Greek 2nd division compares to the Slovenian 1st division or the Big Sky conference or U19 World Cup play or whatever. In the case of someone like Giannis, his stats from Greece are not even hard to find and would certainly qualify as underwhelming (they weren't horrible but obviously he was on the NBA radar due to his physical attributes and potential rather than his stats against NCAA D2/D3-caliber competition).
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#37 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:46 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

I don't think he has, in fact I think that teams are even less likely to bet on upside than in previous drafts.

Dont tell ATL that (Reddish terrible collegiate impact) or CLE (Garland 5 solid games against unranked opponents)
Every year there is somebody taken lower than they should have been taken and way too many taken on upside that never is reached.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:35 pm

nolang1 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

There is no question. There is no debate other than you vs. the English language. It is always you just not understanding what words mean and making up your own definition for something that every reasonable person already understands. I'll help you out: when we talk about a prospect's stats, it's obviously understood that their stats are influenced by the level of competition they're playing against.

Aside from you, I'd say basically everyone else posting on this board has the sense to understand that just as the same stats accumulated in NCAA Division III aren't as impressive as if they were accumulated in NCAA Division I, there are differences among the various leagues in Europe. Most reasonable people elect to discuss those stats in broader terms rather than throwing out a bunch of numbers without context and getting bogged down in a discussion of how the Greek 2nd division compares to the Slovenian 1st division or the Big Sky conference or U19 World Cup play or whatever. In the case of someone like Giannis, his stats from Greece are not even hard to find and would certainly qualify as underwhelming (they weren't horrible but obviously he was on the NBA radar due to his physical attributes and potential rather than his stats against NCAA D2/D3-caliber competition).

I don't think I need to come back with an actual response when you've actually just said that "there is no question" when there absolutely was.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Tre Jones' 3-point rate, 3-point percentage and 3-point attempts have all decreased. Are people still confident that this guy is a future 3-point shooter in the NBA?
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,441

Post#40 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:25 pm

JamesConway wrote:
Fischella wrote:

high floor, meh ceiling

I'd go with Bey for the Mavs. Matrix lite type of player would be dynamite with Doncic.

Return to NBA Draft