Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,205

Re: Nikola Topic 

Post#21 » by Mickey8 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:08 pm

;ab_channel=ABALigaj.t.d.
18 years old dude. I hope he makes Serbian senior NT next summer, I really hoped he would made it this past summer too.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,315

Post#22 » by Hal14 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:14 pm

clyde21 wrote:Cadeau is not a great NBA prospect

Well many people view him, Proctor, Collier, Castle and Wagner as the top 5 guards in this class.

In my post I said it wouldn't shock me if Topic passes all of those guys soon on draft boards. And some people have Collier as the #1 pick right now.

Topic is younger than all of those guys.

Topic vs Collier:

1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Post#23 » by Pokuokic » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:47 am

Mickey8 wrote:;ab_channel=ABALigaj.t.d.
18 years old dude. I hope he makes Serbian senior NT next summer, I really hoped he would made it this past summer too.

Do you think Stankovic will get to play much this year in Igokea because the team is stacked at PG/SG/SF? They got the import/Gordic/Kostic at PG and they got Jeremic/Nakic/Atic not to mention Milosejvic/ Josilo at SF sucks since after Topic/Djurisic he's the best talent.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#24 » by Mickey8 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:52 pm

Stankovic will most likely get some time during the season, even though in my opinion he should be their starter at PG position right away, in my opinion he's the PG. He got little of playing time against Partizan two days ago , while he didn't have the numbers in the game, the team played best with him on the court and they made the comeback in that game in the second half and Stankovic was moving the ball well. The kid is a very talented player. I hope his coach can recognize that sooner than the later.
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#25 » by Pokuokic » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:26 pm

Yeah I agree but this is the best Igokea squad I have seen in a long time I legit think they could barring injury be the 3rd to 5th best team this year it's going to be tough for Stank I also think Radosic left the club to play in the KLS which sucks hopefully the team he went to plays both KLS and ABA 2.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#26 » by Hal14 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:55 am

He struggled at times but overall he looked pretty good out there and he was facing a Partizan team that might be better than any team that any NBA draft prospect will face this season.

Hell of a play at 49:19

1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#27 » by Pokuokic » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:12 am

He looks way better than Jovic/Djurisic/Goga/Simonovic and anyone else (didn't watch Jokic) at the same age the only person who looked better in their first season/games with Mega was Petrusev but that was after 2 years of playing in Gonzaga meaning he was much older. I'm not sure what his ceiling is that's the only question with Topic (Jovic/Djurisic have a higher ceiling imo) but his floor is very high.

That Andrija Jelovac looks like a 1st round pick as well I'd say this is the most talented Mega team since Petrusev/Simonovic/Cazalon/16/17 year old Jovic were all on the one team. Topic/Djurisic/Jelovac are all locks for the NBA currently imo.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#28 » by Hal14 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:26 am

Pokuokic wrote:He looks way better than Jovic/Djurisic/Goga/Simonovic and anyone else (didn't watch Jokic) at the same age the only person who looked better in their first season/games with Mega was Petrusev but that was after 2 years of playing in Gonzaga meaning he was much older. I'm not sure what his ceiling is that's the only question with Topic (Jovic/Djurisic have a higher ceiling imo) but his floor is very high.

That Andrija Jelovac looks like a 1st round pick as well I'd say this is the most talented Mega team since Petrusev/Simonovic/Cazalon/16/17 year old Jovic were all on the one team. Topic/Djurisic/Jelovac are all locks for the NBA currently imo.

Yeah, this Partizan game was a really good experience for all 3 of those prospects. All 3 of them had some struggles here and there (especially early in the game) but they kept their heads up, kept fighting and all 3 of them did some nice things out there.

Topic kind of reminds me of Jason Kidd. Not saying he's gonna be as good - don't want to put that kind of pressure on him, but there's some similarities - similar size (especially younger Kidd who was more slender than he was later in his career), and the combination of smooth passing, tough defense and the way they really push the ball up the floor, while staying under control with the ball.

Look forward to watching how he continues to develop this season - he's fun to watch.
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#29 » by Pokuokic » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:24 am

Hal14 wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:He looks way better than Jovic/Djurisic/Goga/Simonovic and anyone else (didn't watch Jokic) at the same age the only person who looked better in their first season/games with Mega was Petrusev but that was after 2 years of playing in Gonzaga meaning he was much older. I'm not sure what his ceiling is that's the only question with Topic (Jovic/Djurisic have a higher ceiling imo) but his floor is very high.

Yeah, this Partizan game was a really good experience for all 3 of those prospects. All 3 of them had some struggles here and there (especially early in the game) but they kept their heads up, kept fighting and all 3 of them did some nice things out there.

Topic kind of reminds me of Jason Kidd. Not saying he's gonna be as good - don't want to put that kind of pressure on him, but there's some similarities - similar size (especially younger Kidd who was more slender than he was later in his career), and the combination of smooth passing, tough defense and the way they really push the ball up the floor, while staying under control with the ball.

Look forward to watching how he continues to develop this season - he's fun to watch.

Yeah in terms of size and the way they move he's very JKiddish with the upright posture good call.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,595

Post#30 » by MemphisX » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:46 am

Thank you! I could not figure out who he reminded me of as a playmaker.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Mickey8 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:14 pm

His posture is same as his father's, who was the pretty good player in his time , he inherited his basketball iq too.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#32 » by Hal14 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:34 am

Yeah you can definitely tell when watching Nikola Topic that he's the son of a coach or former player. Very cerebral, high IQ player.
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#33 » by Pokuokic » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:37 pm

I think we might need a thread about the Mega/ABA prospects in general, there is something about Filip Jovic that makes him intriguing he reminds me ALOT of Tyler Handsbourgh undersized big with good springs and high motor. not as good around the rim like Tyler was in UNC but higher skill potential. While I don't know if he's an NBA player he's going to be a high level professional, the way he can finish through contact against bigger stronger/mature players is really impressive a consistent 3pt shot would be him wonders,
Hal14
RealGM

Post#34 » by Hal14 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:46 am

He's gotta be a top 20 pick at this point.

Some of the issues he was having in previous games with finishing near the rim and hitting jumpers...he is doing much better in those areas in this game.

Had a couple of sloppy turnovers but overall looks very good this game. And he is very young for this draft class so still lots of development ahead for him.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,093

Post#35 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:59 am

Hal14 wrote:He's gotta be a top 20 pick at this point.

Some of the issues he was having in previous games with finishing near the rim and hitting jumpers...he is doing much better in those areas in this game.

Had a couple of sloppy turnovers but overall looks very good this game. And he is very young for this draft class so still lots of development ahead for him.

he's fundamentally sound and skilled but he lacks the athleticism to defend and do this at the NBA level. He's probably a late first round talent. He does look good enough to make it in the league at least.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Mickey8 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:18 pm

He's not the bad athlete at all but needs to get stronger. Nobody in the NBA can defend anyways, most of the guards are black holes on the defense. Even if he doesn't end up in the NBA, he will be a great pro in Europe -international basketball.
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#37 » by Pokuokic » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:46 pm

"He lacks athleticism to defend and do this at the NBA level" .....never heard that one before about a prospect from the Balkans, Luka and Jokic should have just stayed in Europe and not even bothered. If anything him getting to the rim in the NBA is going to even easier with all the extra space.

You can tell just by looking at the size of his head (giant rectangle Balkans head) he's going to be super strong for a PG (e.g like Micic type eventually) good luck trying to stop Topic than.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#38 » by Hal14 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:11 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Hal14 wrote:He's gotta be a top 20 pick at this point.

he's fundamentally sound and skilled but he lacks the athleticism to defend and do this at the NBA level. He's probably a late first round talent. He does look good enough to make it in the league at least.

Perhaps but in terms of athleticism and build, I think he's similar to Tyrese Proctor. Topic though is a little bit younger and has a little bit more burst (in the open floor and in the half court to blow by his man)..yet Proctor is going top 20, sometimes lottery in mock drafts.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Mickey8 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:13 pm

He scored 25 points today in the Adriatic league debut. He struggled with 3 point shooting 1-6, but his driving game was unstoppable also his teammates blew out some of his passes. Mega almost made complete comeback, they had buzzer beating attempt from the three point line but Jelavic couldn't knock down wide open shot.
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#40 » by Pokuokic » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:58 pm

Mickey8 wrote:He scored 25 points today in the Adriatic league debut. He struggled with 3 point shooting 1-6, but his driving game was unstoppable also his teammates blew out some of his passes. Mega almost made complete comeback, they had buzzer beating attempt from the three point line but Jelavic couldn't knock down wide open shot.

Alot to like from Mega I thought Durisic had a strong game as well showed excellent playmaking and a improved 3 point shot, one guy who really stood out as a potential role player is Malovac reminds me of Kurocs but with a jumper. Jelavic was pretty terrible after a great preseason. I actually thought one on one Topic defend well going against a backcourt basically of American imports and good one's like Cobbs who has been a great PG i n the ABA for ages. On top of that he was going to the rim against probably the best shot blocker in the L and Pelicans 2nd rounder Matkovic.

Return to NBA Draft