Deni Avdija - 2020 draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,002

Re: Deni Avdija - 2020 draft 

Post#461 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:20 pm

Would CHI move Lauri to get up to #2 if they fell in love with Wiseman or Ball? GSW could add a bit of value (Paschall + Poole). CHI would need to ID either of those guys as franchise players, but if they did its a great opportunity for GSW to get some nice value. Maybe take on Satoransky into the TPE as well to save CHI some $?

G - Stephon Curry / Ty Bowman
G - Klay Thompson / Tomas Satoransky / Damion Lee
F - Andrew Wiggins / Deni Avdija (4) / Elijah Hughes (48)
F - Lauri Markkanen / Deni Avdija (4) / Alen Smailagić
C - Draymond Green / Kevon Looney / Marquise Chriss
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,542

Post#462 » by jezzerinho » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Can't help but feel this kid will be overdrafted and Saddiq Bey underdrafted when it comes to their careers - depending in both cases on where they end up of course.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#463 » by Revenged25 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:32 pm

jezzerinho wrote:Can't help but feel this kid will be overdrafted and Saddiq Bey underdrafted when it comes to their careers - depending in both cases on where they end up of course.

Then could you say Bey was underdrafted if the only reason that becomes the case is due to him falling to a better team that could better bring him along?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#464 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:32 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Chi town wrote:
He’s my guy at 4 for the Bulls but I don’t know that he will be there.

trust me nobody is taking this kid before 4

That's because Warriors are taking him 2. Trust me.

I hope they do lol cant stand him
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Thedragonking
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#465 » by Thedragonking » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:03 pm

Deni working in Atlanta P3 sports science.

Read on Twitter
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#466 » by Just_Bullz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:42 am

I think AK will likely pick him for the bulls at 4 and play him like the joker with Coby White as Jamal Murray.

Deni or Lamelo looks good in GSW's system but I doubt GSW will pick Deni at #2. Likely Lamelo will taken at that spot.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Post#467 » by King Ken » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:33 am

Deni is likely to skyrocket on my BB and maybe move to tier 3.5. That's a SF. That changes everything.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,053

Post#468 » by thinktank » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:58 pm

King Ken wrote:Deni is likely to skyrocket on my BB and maybe move to tier 3.5. That's a SF. That changes everything.

This is what I’m thinking too. His handles and finishing look pretty sharp. Some more Ginobli looking skills than I thought, but with size.
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#469 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Just_Bullz wrote:I think AK will likely pick him for the bulls at 4 and play him like the joker with Coby White as Jamal Murray.

Deni or Lamelo looks good in GSW's system but I doubt GSW will pick Deni at #2. Likely Lamelo will taken at that spot.

Not likely for LaMelo at 2. No defense and putrid shooting. What makes you think that is attractive to the Warriors?

We need defense. We do need a backup point guard, but in our system the ball often starts in Draymonds hands. It’s a ball movement style, so a player like Lamelo who dominates the ball isn’t a good fit - see DLo.

Avdija at least is a wing. And while I don’t see him as the Warriors pick, he fits their style more than a ball dominant point guard.

I would completely disregard the beat writers for the Warriors talking team sources. The Warriors aren’t going to fully put it out there about who they want at this stage.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Just_Bullz
Veteran

Post#470 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:13 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:I think AK will likely pick him for the bulls at 4 and play him like the joker with Coby White as Jamal Murray.

Not likely for LaMelo at 2. No defense and putrid shooting. What makes you think that is attractive to the Warriors?

We need defense. We do need a backup point guard, but in our system the ball often starts in Draymonds hands. It’s a ball movement style, so a player like Lamelo who dominates the ball isn’t a good fit - see DLo.

Avdija at least is a wing. And while I don’t see him as the Warriors pick, he fits their style more than a ball dominant point guard.

I would completely disregard the beat writers for the Warriors talking team sources. The Warriors aren’t going to fully put it out there about who they want at this stage.

If defense is paramount, who would you take for GSW? Okongwu?
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#471 » by Mylie10 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:21 am

Just_Bullz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I really like Okungwu, but not at 2. And we already have Marquesse Chriss who is about the exact same size as Okungwu. The Warriors need a legit big man and shot blocker at center.

Personally I think Wiseman is both the BPA and the Best fit for us.

If I were going wing there are several guys I’d be happy with on a trade down. For defensive purposes I think Vassell and Okoro are the best wing defenders. Patrick Williams will be a versatile defender because of his size too.

The Warriors have so many ways in which they can go, it’s impossible to nail down. I just really don’t like or see the fit with Lamelo Ball.....like not at all.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Just_Bullz
Veteran

Post#472 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:52 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I really like Okungwu, but not at 2. And we already have Marquesse Chriss who is about the exact same size as Okungwu. The Warriors need a legit big man and shot blocker at center.

If I were going wing there are several guys I’d be happy with on a trade down. For defensive purposes I think Vassell and Okoro are the best wing defenders. Patrick Williams will be a versatile defender because of his size too.

The Warriors have so many ways in which they can go, it’s impossible to nail down. I just really don’t like or see the fit with Lamelo Ball.....like not at all.

Vassell or Okoro will probably fill the void of Iguodala. Wiseman is a physical specimen but he needs to expand his game or will be obsolete in the modern game. I also see GSW trading the pick for a proven player given their closing window of opportunity.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#473 » by Mylie10 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 am

Just_Bullz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:

Vassell or Okoro will probably fill the void of Iguodala. Wiseman is a physical specimen but he needs to expand his game or will be obsolete in the modern game. I also see GSW trading the pick for a proven player given their closing window of opportunity.

Wiseman is already expanding his game. He knows where the league is going. Needless to say, I am rock solid on drafting Wiseman. I don’t have any worries that most do about him. I see future All Star. I’ve put some poster cred on it lol.
Khoee wrote “
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,227

Post#474 » by doordoor123 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:44 am

jezzerinho wrote:Can't help but feel this kid will be overdrafted and Saddiq Bey underdrafted when it comes to their careers - depending in both cases on where they end up of course.

Avdija is definitely getting overdrafted. Bey will probably be drafted in a fine place. End of lottery to 18 seems fine. His best case scenario is Robert Covington. His handle is pretty weak, but he has a few two-dribble moves.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#475 » by doordoor123 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I’m I tired of people saying the Warriors will draft a big at the top of the draft. All the centers they’ve had since being successful have been either midseason free agent signings, second round picks (or close to second round — Looney) or they’ve been on minimum contracts. They got Cauley-Stein and forgot they don’t get centers so they traded him. They don’t value bigs. They value guys who are the size of wings. 6’5 to 6’9. I don’t think they keep the pick. I don’t think they want LaMelo, but they would draft Anthony Edwards. They might trade back and try to get Haliburton or Mannion.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,276

Post#476 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:03 am

trading back for the Warriors should be #1 priority

i'd take less than premium to trade back too, i'd do it for the NYK picks for instance
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,041

Post#477 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:21 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:

I’m I tired of people saying the Warriors will draft a big at the top of the draft. All the centers they’ve had since being successful have been either midseason free agent signings, second round picks (or close to second round — Looney) or they’ve been on minimum contracts. They got Cauley-Stein and forgot they don’t get centers so they traded him. They don’t value bigs. They value guys who are the size of wings. 6’5 to 6’9. I don’t think they keep the pick. I don’t think they want LaMelo, but they would draft Anthony Edwards. They might trade back and try to get Haliburton or Mannion.

Eere they not successful with Bogut?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#478 » by doordoor123 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:36 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

They were and he’s one of the exact players I mean. They signed him before the big shift to go smaller and didn’t pay him after that contract. The last time they paid him good money was in 2013, 7 years ago.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#479 » by Mylie10 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:06 pm

To be clear, they had to move Bogut to bring in KD. That’s why they didn’t keep or pay him. And then his body broke down a bit once he left.

Kerr will play a big man who adapts to the league and is a good player. He would play Anthony Davis for instance. Not saying Wiseman is Anthony Davis, but the point stands. If the big man coming in helps you, you play him. Bottom line.
Khoee wrote “
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,041

Post#480 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:37 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

They were and he’s one of the exact players I mean. They signed him before the big shift to go smaller and didn’t pay him after that contract. The last time they paid him good money was in 2013, 7 years ago.

He made about 15 million in 2017. And was a dpoy canidate.

Maybe you closer to the Warriors than I am, but I was under the impression the went "small" because they, essentially, traded Bogut and Barnes for KD.

KD/Green/Curry/Klay/Iggy dosent need a high priced center and basically can't afford one anyway.

They have had only one off season without KD to aquire a traditional center and they gave Looney 7 million for 2 years. They had no cap space. Let's see what they do.

Regardless I've been less than impressed with GSW asset management since West left. (Aside from Dlo to Minny, that was great).
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)

Return to NBA Draft