Deni Avdija - 2020 draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Re: Deni Avdija - 2020 draft 

Post#501 » by TGW » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:23 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:I think this is a great example of not judging prospects until they've had time to develop and opportunity to show it. There's a lot of similar prospects in the 2024 class that will likewise need the right landing spot and patience before casting judgement. Deni went to arguably the worst situation in the NBA. He dealt with injuries, coaching changes, and competing agendas from ownership down. Only now that the Wizards have embraced tanking has Deni approached 10 fga per game and he's finally proving how good he can be. Wizards should be building around guys like him and Coulibaly but they're so inept they'll probably trade him just as he's rewarding them for drafting him in the first place.

If they are thinking of trading him, the Kings are rumored to be shopping Mitchell and I think a swap with them for Deni makes sense for both teams since each of them need a change of scenery and fill needs. I think both are starting caliber players but Mitchell is blocked with us and Deni might get his opportunities taken from him at any time going by his history with the Wizards.

How do you in one breath say the wizards will stupidly trade Deni because of incompetence, and then suggest they trade him for Davion Mitchell, a player that can basically be had for free?

lol make it make sense
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,086

Post#502 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:16 am

TGW wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:I think this is a great example of not judging prospects until they've had time to develop and opportunity to show it. There's a lot of similar prospects in the 2024 class that will likewise need the right landing spot and patience before casting judgement. Deni went to arguably the worst situation in the NBA. He dealt with injuries, coaching changes, and competing agendas from ownership down. Only now that the Wizards have embraced tanking has Deni approached 10 fga per game and he's finally proving how good he can be. Wizards should be building around guys like him and Coulibaly but they're so inept they'll probably trade him just as he's rewarding them for drafting him in the first place.

If they are thinking of trading him, the Kings are rumored to be shopping Mitchell and I think a swap with them for Deni makes sense for both teams since each of them need a change of scenery and fill needs. I think both are starting caliber players but Mitchell is blocked with us and Deni might get his opportunities taken from him at any time going by his history with the Wizards.

How do you in one breath say the wizards will stupidly trade Deni because of incompetence, and then suggest they trade him for Davion Mitchell, a player that can basically be had for free?

lol make it make sense

Had for free? As a starter he's averaged 15-2-6 shooting 33% from three in his young career. His PER 36 this season are 11-3-5 with a nearly 5:1 assist to turnover ratio with great defense. He's simply both blocked and playing out of position when he does play so his minutes and production are non-existent. He has value. Don't act like he doesn't and that Deni is some established star lol. He's putting up numbers on a historically bad tanking team. What exactly do you think you'd land if the Wizards put him on the market? A late conditional 1st or 2nd rounder and maybe a guy like Mitchell. That's about it
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#503 » by TGW » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:46 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
TGW wrote:

lol make it make sense

Had for free? As a starter he's averaged 15-2-6 shooting 33% from three in his young career. His PER 36 this season are 11-3-5 with a nearly 5:1 assist to turnover ratio with great defense. He's simply both blocked and playing out of position when he does play so his minutes and production are non-existent. He has value. Don't act like he doesn't and that Deni is some established star lol. He's putting up numbers on a historically bad tanking team. What exactly do you think you'd land if the Wizards put him on the market? A late conditional 1st or 2nd rounder and maybe a guy like Mitchell. That's about it

We won't know, because Deni is not being traded. Mitchell, OTOH, is very available :lol:

We'll see what Mitchell is worth in a few days. My guess is not much. His body of work as of late is pathetic. 37% from the field and 26% from three is grounds for a d-league stint. There's a reason he's not playing...it's because right now, he stinks.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,086

Post#504 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:33 am

TGW wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
TGW wrote:

lol make it make sense

We won't know, because Deni is not being traded. Mitchell, OTOH, is very available :lol:

We'll see what Mitchell is worth in a few days. My guess is not much. His body of work as of late is pathetic. 37% from the field and 26% from three is grounds for a d-league stint. There's a reason he's not playing...it's because right now, he stinks.

weird, he just put up 10-2-4 going 3-5 from three in a win against the Warriors in just 15 minutes. It's almost as if sporadic minutes because you're on a team trying to compete is detrimental to production for a young player. BTW, Avdija shot 30% from three last season compared to Mitchell's 32% so maybe relax

Answer the question. What do you think you'd land IF the Wizards put him on the market? As for Mitchell, they'd be selling low so I think perhaps a swap of a similar talent that is maybe blocked on their current team and likewise needs a change of scenery, maybe a conditional 1st attached that likely becomes a 2nd, from either side, depending on the player.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#505 » by The-Power » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:37 pm

Mitchell is in his third year and still one of the worst rotation players in the NBA, and he's progressively losing minutes because of that. He's also one of the last player people should advocate to ‘wait’ for as he was supposedly NBA-ready coming into the league. He's also 25 years old already.

But hey, he averaged 10.5 PPG on 3-5 shooting from distance on Sunday full moons between January and February. I think that could entice a team to trade a player like Avdija for him after all.
OriAr
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#506 » by OriAr » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:48 am

He's been absolutely balling recently.

His last 23 games:
15.9 points per game
7.6 rebounds per game
3.8 assists per game
55/46/68 shooting splits (63.6% TS)

Finally he's looking like he's fulfilling the potential people have been talking about since he was a teenager.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,384

Post#507 » by ItsDanger » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:37 am

Why would Wizards trade a player like Avdija for a backup guard like Mitchell? Only stupid GMs do trades like that.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
OriAr
Sophomore

Post#508 » by OriAr » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:08 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Why would Wizards trade a player like Avdija for a backup guard like Mitchell? Only stupid GMs do trades like that.

I mean... It IS the Wizards :lol:
I'd love him to go to a playoff team, I believe he can absolutely be a contributor on a contender and maybe even a starting 3 on a contender.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,595

Post#509 » by MemphisX » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:33 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Why would Wizards trade a player like Avdija for a backup guard like Mitchell? Only stupid GMs do trades like that.

If Deni became available, the offers would damn sure be better than Davion.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,960

Post#510 » by Frichuela » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:53 pm

OriAr wrote:

I mean... It IS the Wizards :lol:
I'd love him to go to a playoff team, I believe he can absolutely be a contributor on a contender and maybe even a starting 3 on a contender.

The Wizards have finally a competent front office with Michael Winger, Will Dawkins and Travis Schlenk. Deni would only be traded for a ransom.

These guys are smart and the opposite to Grunfeld and Sheppard who made plenty of stupid decisions year after year.
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 459

Post#511 » by Pistol King » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:56 am

Wow, what a performance he has had tonight.
OriAr
Sophomore

Post#512 » by OriAr » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:57 am

43 points and 14 rebounds tonight, he's been on an absolute roll lately.
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 459

Post#513 » by Pistol King » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:44 am

OriAr wrote:43 points and 14 rebounds tonight, he's been on an absolute roll lately.

Apparently the NBA official site changed it to 15 boards now.

Not just the 43\15 stat line, but also the overall impact. He didn't force things, drew double teams, had some key stops on the defensive end and ended up with a massive +17 when the Pelicans have made a short run each time the coach subbed him out.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,326

Post#514 » by KembaWalker » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:55 am

I think I disrespected this guy when I compared Cades talent to his a couple years ago
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#515 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:54 pm

He was a favorite of mine in 2020. I would've taken him 2 (mistake over Haliburton and LaMelo).

He's stacking up nicely on a re-draft. Maybe top-5?
It has been written...
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#516 » by Rafael122 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:37 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:He was a favorite of mine in 2020. I would've taken him 2 (mistake over Haliburton and LaMelo).

Not sure. Edwards/Ball/Bane/Maxey/McDaniels/Vassell. Would you rank Deni over McDaniels or Vassell?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#517 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:00 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:He was a favorite of mine in 2020. I would've taken him 2 (mistake over Haliburton and LaMelo).

Not sure. Edwards/Ball/Bane/Maxey/McDaniels/Vassell. Would you rank Deni over McDaniels or Vassell?

Need to see more but that's his grouping/range.
It has been written...

Return to NBA Draft