Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#81 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Apr 7, 2023 10:02 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
jman3134 wrote:
Flagg and Boozer are great, but just because those are obvious, game changing talents does not mean that the other classes are anything to sneeze at. Wagner is a legit 6'3 lead guard. Some of these players are underdeveloped, sure, but they very much are bringing a different mental approach to the game. It was fully on display last night. Projecting prospects is also about incorporating the mental game into evaluations as much as it is archetypes.

What I didn't like overall was that many of these guys seemed completely out of control making decisions in the backcourt, throwing it ahead. They also kept running ahead even when no rebound was secured. I would say that the rebounding was some of the worst I've ever seen. But, there was a lot to like from a defensive standpoint. Rotations were crisp for an event where most of the guys have not played together, with the exception of Wagner and the bigs (though he was only on the floor with Mgbako for the most part). Offensively, many of these guys have high upside once they physically develop. Cody Williams, Castle, Holloway all jumped out.

I dont put much stock into the actual McDonald's game. Even though guys played harder compared to most all star games (even past McDonald's games), its still an all star game. So ya guys will leak out more than they do in most games and so on. I think similar to like the Summer League, you can take small things like the size of a player vs others, how does their functional athleticism compare to others and so on.

And obviously there are guys with potential, its just the fact that compared to guys normally at this stage, this class (and next year's) leave a lot to be desired. Again the #1 ranking for this class has basically just been musical chairs. And its not because guys are stepping up and taking over the spot, its because no one has really separated themselves.

Like what separates Wagner from Keyonte George? George was the better shooter in high school, Id give the edge to George in the athleticism department as well (theyre pretty similar here though). And most places dont even have George top 10 in their mocks.

Who are the guys right now would you get pumped to land a top 5 pick to get. I think Matas and Collier are the two best guys in the class, but neither guy would sniff a top 3 in most drafts. Just as of right now, again comparing these guys to past classes as they were leaving high school, this class is just behind.

Like I said before, as a die hard Duke fan I would love to be wrong and for this class to be stacked. Because if that is the case and this is a stacked class, well Duke has 5 guys in the top 20, sign me up for that.

I remember when you and most (including gurus and experts on draftf sites) didn't even know who Trae Young was before the first week of the college season had been played. Just because you aren't familiar with or high on certain players doesn't mean they aren't elite. Based on talent, Foster might be your next major miss if you think he will be at Duke for multiple seasons.

I know you posted more, but when you make stupid claims like this, I’m going to focus on it. Show the proof, show that a week before the 2017 college basketball season I didn’t even know who Trae Young was. Not that I had a bad take on him, but I didn’t even know who he was. You specifically called me out on a very specific claim so back it up.

I know that you’re saying is complete BS because I remember talking Trae Young on here a full year before his college season started. And I was not a fan of his game at all. Was I too low on him? Yup. Am I still not the biggest fan of his game? Yup. I think he’s one of the most overrated players in the game because like I said years before he played in the NBA, he’s a tiny guard with horrible shot selection and is a horrible defender. But still clearly knew who he was.

But go on, show the proof that I didn’t even know who Trae Young was a week before he played college.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,275

Post#82 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:04 am

notable transfers so far

Kelel Ware > Indiana
Caleb Love > Michigan
JJ Starling > Syracuse
Ace Baldwin > Penn St
Skyy Clark > Louiville
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#83 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Apr 8, 2023 9:48 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
I dont put much stock into the actual McDonald's game. Even though guys played harder compared to most all star games (even past McDonald's games), its still an all star game. So ya guys will leak out more than they do in most games and so on. I think similar to like the Summer League, you can take small things like the size of a player vs others, how does their functional athleticism compare to others and so on.

And obviously there are guys with potential, its just the fact that compared to guys normally at this stage, this class (and next year's) leave a lot to be desired. Again the #1 ranking for this class has basically just been musical chairs. And its not because guys are stepping up and taking over the spot, its because no one has really separated themselves.

Like what separates Wagner from Keyonte George? George was the better shooter in high school, Id give the edge to George in the athleticism department as well (theyre pretty similar here though). And most places dont even have George top 10 in their mocks.

Who are the guys right now would you get pumped to land a top 5 pick to get. I think Matas and Collier are the two best guys in the class, but neither guy would sniff a top 3 in most drafts. Just as of right now, again comparing these guys to past classes as they were leaving high school, this class is just behind.

Like I said before, as a die hard Duke fan I would love to be wrong and for this class to be stacked. Because if that is the case and this is a stacked class, well Duke has 5 guys in the top 20, sign me up for that.

I remember when you and most (including gurus and experts on draftf sites) didn't even know who Trae Young was before the first week of the college season had been played. Just because you aren't familiar with or high on certain players doesn't mean they aren't elite. Based on talent, Foster might be your next major miss if you think he will be at Duke for multiple seasons.

I know you posted more, but when you make stupid claims like this, I’m going to focus on it. Show the proof, show that a week before the 2017 college basketball season I didn’t even know who Trae Young was. Not that I had a bad take on him, but I didn’t even know who he was. You specifically called me out on a very specific claim so back it up.

I know that you’re saying is complete BS because I remember talking Trae Young on here a full year before his college season started. And I was not a fan of his game at all. Was I too low on him? Yup. Am I still not the biggest fan of his game? Yup. I think he’s one of the most overrated players in the game because like I said years before he played in the NBA, he’s a tiny guard with horrible shot selection and is a horrible defender. But still clearly knew who he was.

But go on, show the proof that I didn’t even know who Trae Young was a week before he played college.

I didn't mean you literally didn't know Trae Young existed. Obviously you and everyone else who frequents these boards is two (sometimes even more) years ahead when it comes to draft prospects and he was discussed a lot like most every half-way decent prospect is. I meant you didn't even consider him an NBA talent and neither did the experts and gurus because he wasn't even on many mock drafts, not even in the 2nd round on most. And it wasn't until he started playing college games and showing out (took like a week) that everyone was forced to recognize that he was in fact an NBA talent and adjusted accordingly. So, in a few years, when I point out that you didn't even know who Caleb Foster was prior to college, know that this is what I mean i.e. to you, he doesn't register as a one and done elite talent, not that you literally didn't know who he was lol.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#84 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:44 pm

we all knew who Trae Young was - he was a top 20 RSCI guy, obviously he went on to have an insane freshmen season but are you projecting that onto Caleb Foster? what's gonna happen if Caleb Foster doesn't average 27/4/9 as a freshman?
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#85 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:48 pm

Looks like Donovan Clingan most likely goes in this draft. Hometown Bristol, CT kid wants a repeat at UConn and to improve his game. Dad wants him to be ready for the NBA emotionally and physically.

Hurley is said to be greenlighting his threes next season. UConn returns everyone except Hawkins and Calceterra. Incoming recruits are tops, one rates #6.

Lottery for Cling Kong?
It has been written...
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#86 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:30 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

I didn't mean you literally didn't know Trae Young existed. Obviously you and everyone else who frequents these boards is two (sometimes even more) years ahead when it comes to draft prospects and he was discussed a lot like most every half-way decent prospect is. I meant you didn't even consider him an NBA talent and neither did the experts and gurus because he wasn't even on many mock drafts, not even in the 2nd round on most. And it wasn't until he started playing college games and showing out (took like a week) that everyone was forced to recognize that he was in fact an NBA talent and adjusted accordingly. So, in a few years, when I point out that you didn't even know who Caleb Foster was prior to college, know that this is what I mean i.e. to you, he doesn't register as a one and done elite talent, not that you literally didn't know who he was lol.

But you said I didnt know who he was until a week before college? Are you saying I went from being way too low on him (or how you would say not knowing who he was) to then a week before college I changed my tune? I was extremely low on Trae in high school, the lead up to college and during his college year.

Again I will admit my take on Trae was wrong, I was too low on him. And? I never sit here and act like my word is gospel, hell most of the time I make fun of how wrong I am most of the time.

But the funny thing is, even by you saying I didnt know who Trae was but saying that as I was too low on him. I feel like my overall critiques of him were pretty dead on. He is a very small PG without any outlier athletic attributes. He can be a good shooter but that can be negated with how horrible his shot IQ is. The combo of his size and just not caring about defense, he is an awful defender. These are all things I said before he ever played a second of college ball. Did I focus too much on the negatives? Yup. Has he become a better passer than I expected? Yup. Did I think he would be able to get away with some of the foul bating he gets away with? Nope.

I still dont think you can win with Trae being a ball dominant guy who monopolizes the offense and I think that is really the only way Trae can be effective with his style of play. So even in a redraft I wouldnt take a guy like him top 5.

And bringing this back to this year's draft. Like I have said multiple times, I would love to be proven wrong about this year's class. There is one thing I think anyone here would back up and that is me being a massive Duke homer. I would be far more happier if a year from now we are talking about Foster being a top 5 pick guy, even if that meant my take of Foster not being a lock to be a OAD was wrong. If Foster is talked about as a top 5 guy this time next year, that means he lit it up in a Duke uniform and that is all I need.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#87 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:32 pm

clyde21 wrote:we all knew who Trae Young was - he was a top 20 RSCI guy, obviously he went on to have an insane freshmen season but are you projecting that onto Caleb Foster? what's gonna happen if Caleb Foster doesn't average 27/4/9 as a freshman?

Especially since Foster most likely isnt going to be a top 3 option for next year's Duke team. Proctor will be the primary ball handler. Many believe Flip will return and if that happens, he will easily be the #1 option. Then there are talks of Roach also returning. And that's not factoring in guys like McCain and Mgbako who most view as better freshman players than Foster. And that's not even mentioning the not so secret thing where the Duke coaching staff is looking to make a big splash at the 5 spot as well.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#88 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 9:25 pm

i was lower on Trae than most like you, had him late lotto, so obviously he's been better than I thought specifically his playmaking translated in ways I thought wouldn't

however, a lot of the issues why I had Trae lower than most have already reared their head, he's tiny, a huge defensive liability that you always have to worry about, takes a lot of stupid shots and his game doesn't necessarily scale into the playoffs because he's pigeon holed into one position.

also still don't understand what the argument here is...obviously if Caleb Foster has a monster freshmen season we will think of him differently, but why should we assume that will happen?

he's more likely to have a bust FS season than have a Trae like FS season tbh. every year high RSCI guys bust in college. look @ what happened this year with Dillon Mitchell and Dariq Whitehead, in 2021 with Caleb Houstan and Peyton Watson, in 2020 with Brandon Boston and Greg Brown, etc.

there will no doubt be at least 2 guys in the top 10 that will be looked at as huge disappointments next season, happens literally every year.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#89 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Apr 9, 2023 4:51 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:we all knew who Trae Young was - he was a top 20 RSCI guy, obviously he went on to have an insane freshmen season but are you projecting that onto Caleb Foster? what's gonna happen if Caleb Foster doesn't average 27/4/9 as a freshman?

Especially since Foster most likely isnt going to be a top 3 option for next year's Duke team. Proctor will be the primary ball handler. Many believe Flip will return and if that happens, he will easily be the #1 option. Then there are talks of Roach also returning. And that's not factoring in guys like McCain and Mgbako who most view as better freshman players than Foster. And that's not even mentioning the not so secret thing where the Duke coaching staff is looking to make a big splash at the 5 spot as well.

Foster is a better prospect than all of them. If he doesn’t start Scheyer should be fired. If you actually believe Mgbako and McCain are better then there’s really no point in continuing this conversation. It should be obvious to everyone that Foster is elite like it should have been obvious Trae was. Expecting any Duke player to put up Trae Young stats is unrealistic. Trae had free rein, nobody including Foster will have that type of usage given the talent on the team. Like with Trae, I expect all the naysayers to come around rather quickly once games begin. Though, it wouldn’t surprise me if it happens as soon as practices start and everyone in the media catches on and starts talking.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#90 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 7:59 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Foster is a better prospect than all of them. If he doesn’t start Scheyer should be fired. If you actually believe Mgbako and McCain are better then there’s really no point in continuing this conversation. It should be obvious to everyone that Foster is elite like it should have been obvious Trae was. Expecting any Duke player to put up Trae Young stats is unrealistic. Trae had free rein, nobody including Foster will have that type of usage given the talent on the team. Like with Trae, I expect all the naysayers to come around rather quickly once games begin. Though, it wouldn’t surprise me if it happens as soon as practices start and everyone in the media catches on and starts talking.

If Roach returns who does Foster start over? Proctor or Roach?

Also you’re acting like me saying Mgbako and McCain might be the better players is some crazy out of left field take that is so bad that it shouldn’t even be a discussion. But just a quick overview on all of this.

ESPN rankings
Mgbako: 8th
McCain: 12th
Foster: 31st

Rivals:
Mgbako: 6th
Foster: 18th

247 composite:
Mgbako: 7th
McCain: 15th
Foster: 17th

So ya maybe not the craziest take to say it’s not so obvious Foster is this elite player. If you think that? All good, but ya it’s not like it’s some forgone conclusion he is and anyone questioning it is making a laughably bad take.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#91 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 8:06 am

if Roach comes back Foster and McCain both are gonna get DWH'd
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#92 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Apr 9, 2023 1:43 pm

I don't know how anyone could watch Team World v Team USA at the Nike Hoop Summit and still think the 2024 class is weak. And that's just who is there. What I love most is how hard everyone plays too. Class is oozing with talent. Duke and Kentucky incoming classes are filthy. If Scheyer plays Roach and Proctor over the much more talented kids, it will affect his recruitment going forward. McCain/Foster is the best freshmen backcourt Duke has ever had. Mgbako is also an elite talent. Combined with potential returners makes them my early favorites, slightly, over Kentucky.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#93 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:22 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Also you’re acting like me saying Mgbako and McCain might be the better players is some crazy out of left field take that is so bad that it shouldn’t even be a discussion. But just a quick overview on all of this.

ESPN rankings

Rivals:

247 composite:

So ya maybe not the craziest take to say it’s not so obvious Foster is this elite player. If you think that? All good, but ya it’s not like it’s some forgone conclusion he is and anyone questioning it is making a laughably bad take.

Who cares about rankings from sites that get it wrong all the time? Is that supposed to prove anything? Don't you and others mock the rankings when it comes to Bronny? But now all of a sudden their legit?

Foster and McCain should both be starting if the decision is based on talent alone. I could see it going either way though since coaches love to reward returning players familiar with the system. But I don't know how it won't be glaringly obvious since both are ridiculously more talented than Roach and while Proctor has some promise, they're both better than him as well.

Foster imho IS the most talented but it's not like it's by much since both McCain and Mgbako are elite as well. As far as why he'd be ranked lower, I think the fact that he was Duke's fist commit and not being talked about hurt his image since the mystery was gone. I like Foster more than McCAin because I think he'll be the better, more versatile defender since he's got 2-3 inches on McCain and will be able to score at the rim due to his better size and strength. But I wouldn't be surprised if McCain has a better season or similar career because he's so damn good too. McCain's BBIQ is off the charts and he's a great shooter. It's like a 1a and 1b scenario. Mgbako has seemed a little stiff and hasn't impressed me with his ability to put the ball on the floor but he's a good shooter with great size and athleticism and probably deserves to be in that elite group but for right now he is just outside of it. You thinking Foster might play at Duke for multiple years is what I find laughable. I'm fine with maybe you not thinking he's elite (still waiting on why you feel that way) but to not even be a one and done? That sounds to me like you view him like you did Proctor? That's just crazy to me. At the end of the day, all I'm trying to say is, there are several very good to elite PG prospects in this draft class (Wagner, Collier, Foster, Williams, McCain, Dillingham) and Foster is one of them and I'm surprised you and others both don't think Foster is a great prospect and the 2024 is a good draft class. One of us is spectacularly wrong as we sit right now.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#94 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 5:20 pm

Lol Proctor was promised a starting spot that's why he came back so at least one of Foster/McCain will be riding the bench, maybe both if Roach also comes back.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 5:37 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

ESPN rankings

Rivals:

247 composite:

Who cares about rankings from sites that get it wrong all the time? Is that supposed to prove anything? Don't you and others mock the rankings when it comes to Bronny? But now all of a sudden their legit?

Foster and McCain should both be starting if the decision is based on talent alone. I could see it going either way though since coaches love to reward returning players familiar with the system. But I don't know how it won't be glaringly obvious since both are ridiculously more talented than Roach and while Proctor has some promise, they're both better than him as well.

Foster imho IS the most talented but it's not like it's by much since both McCain and Mgbako are elite as well. As far as why he'd be ranked lower, I think the fact that he was Duke's fist commit and not being talked about hurt his image since the mystery was gone. I like Foster more than McCAin because I think he'll be the better, more versatile defender since he's got 2-3 inches on McCain and will be able to score at the rim due to his better size and strength. But I wouldn't be surprised if McCain has a better season or similar career because he's so damn good too. McCain's BBIQ is off the charts and he's a great shooter. It's like a 1a and 1b scenario. Mgbako has seemed a little stiff and hasn't impressed me with his ability to put the ball on the floor but he's a good shooter with great size and athleticism and probably deserves to be in that elite group but for right now he is just outside of it. You thinking Foster might play at Duke for multiple years is what I find laughable. I'm fine with maybe you not thinking he's elite (still waiting on why you feel that way) but to not even be a one and done? That sounds to me like you view him like you did Proctor? That's just crazy to me. At the end of the day, all I'm trying to say is, there are several very good to elite PG prospects in this draft class (Wagner, Collier, Foster, Williams, McCain, Dillingham) and Foster is one of them and I'm surprised you and others both don't think Foster is a great prospect and the 2024 is a good draft class. One of us is spectacularly wrong as we sit right now.

I got no issue if you have Foster super high and view him as an elite prospect, again I hope youre right, Id love to see it as a Duke fan.

The way you phrase your takes is what is comical to me. You say things like its beyond obvious that Foster is an elite prospect. Its glaringly obvious that both Foster and McCain are ridiculously more talented than Proctor and a senior Roach. While youre in the vast minority with these kinds of takes. Again I got no issue having takes that are in the minority, but I dont go around laughing at people and trying to put them down because they dont join in with my minority takes.

Im not even kidding when I say this, if you can see these things that are so glaringly obvious to you that no one else on here sees or any of the major recruiting services see. Dude start up your own recruiting ranking service, there is good cash to be made in it. The DraftExpress guys cashed in, hell we have had guys on here become actual scouts for NBA teams.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#96 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 5:40 pm

clyde21 wrote:Lol Proctor was promised a starting spot that's why he came back so at least one of Foster/McCain will be riding the bench, maybe both if Roach also comes back.

Also just want to point out, I dont think Jon needed to promise Proctor anything in this situation. Proctor was viewed as the better prospect when he was in the same class as these guys and Proctor was just on the All ACC freshmen team. No verbal promise is needed here, its well expected Proctor will be the starter next year. Same thing for if Flip comes back. Jon doesnt need to go to Flip and say, "hey I promise you have the starting 4 spot for next year" haha. Its already known if Flip comes back, that is his spot.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#97 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 7:11 pm

im not sure even sure what the issue here is, it's not like there is a mass conspiracy to make this class look worse than it. we all want this to be a great class, great classes are more fun and it means more talent into the NBA. there is no agenda here to make it look like a bad class when it's actually a great one.

# of 5 stars in the last few classes (per 247)

2023: 15
2022: 25
2021: 29
2020: 30
2019: 24
2018: 31

i honestly don't remember the last time we had as low as only 15 five stars in a class...even the following recruiting class (2024) which is looked at as also weak currently has 20 five stars.

and this is similar if you use other recruiting agencies...unless you think everyone here and in those agencies got together and decided to dupe everyone, the onus is on you to prove that this is actually a great class.

more than likely this class is going to rely heavily on non-college talent (Buz, Aday, Risacher), returning players, and maybe a couple of underscouted guys can shoot up as freshmen like Taylor Hendricks this year.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#98 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:25 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

ESPN rankings

Rivals:

247 composite:

I got no issue if you have Foster super high and view him as an elite prospect, again I hope youre right, Id love to see it as a Duke fan.

The way you phrase your takes is what is comical to me. You say things like its beyond obvious that Foster is an elite prospect. Its glaringly obvious that both Foster and McCain are ridiculously more talented than Proctor and a senior Roach. While youre in the vast minority with these kinds of takes. Again I got no issue having takes that are in the minority, but I dont go around laughing at people and trying to put them down because they dont join in with my minority takes.

Im not even kidding when I say this, if you can see these things that are so glaringly obvious to you that no one else on here sees or any of the major recruiting services see. Dude start up your own recruiting ranking service, there is good cash to be made in it. The DraftExpress guys cashed in, hell we have had guys on here become actual scouts for NBA teams.

There's nothing wrong with a little back and forth. You make remarks about my takes, I make remarks about yours. We're both Duke fans so should be united!! But really, we're all here to talk about prospects and all believe we have the secret sauce to diagnose which prospects will succeed and which ones won't. If not, there'd be 1/2 the posts on this board there are. I'm just drawing a line in the sand about my opinion of Foster in contradiction to yours (and others) so I'll have either bragging rights and win the board's best draft prognosticator award or have to eat crow if I'm wrong. It's all in good fun.

I guess I just don't agree about experts rankings at the end of the day that claim Proctor is/was a better prospect than Foster. Wer'e talking about a guy who put up 9-3-3 and shot 32% from three and 38% FG on a team desperate for PG play that ended up disappointing, largely because Proctor was their starting PG. I never saw the hype, I still don't, but I can recognize he's toolsy enough to be an NBA player down the road with a lot of work and development. He's just not nearly the prospect I feel like Foster and MCain are. And yes, I DO think this is painfully obvious and I can't understand why you're not high on Foster.

So why AREN'T you high on Foster? What is the turnoff?
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#99 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:54 am

clyde21 wrote:im not sure even sure what the issue here is, it's not like there is a mass conspiracy to make this class look worse than it. we all want this to be a great class, great classes are more fun and it means more talent into the NBA. there is no agenda here to make it look like a bad class when it's actually a great one.

# of 5 stars in the last few classes (per 247)

2023: 15
2022: 25
2021: 29
2020: 30
2019: 24
2018: 31

i honestly don't remember the last time we had as low as only 15 five stars in a class...even the following recruiting class (2024) which is looked at as also weak currently has 20 five stars.

and this is similar if you use other recruiting agencies...unless you think everyone here and in those agencies got together and decided to dupe everyone, the onus is on you to prove that this is actually a great class.

more than likely this class is going to rely heavily on non-college talent (Buz, Aday, Risacher), returning players, and maybe a couple of underscouted guys can shoot up as freshmen like Taylor Hendricks this year.

again, wtf cares about rankings from sites that get it wrong every single year? I've never gauged classes strengths based on what they're saying. It's just some nerds, no better than you or I, espousing their opinions based on similar intel as us but clouded with some extra bias sprinkled in due to pressure from schools, agents, leagues, contacts.

Here's some of your 247's 2019 5 stars lmao

Scottie Lewis
Nico Manion
Precious Achiuwa
RJ Hampton
Isiah Stewart
Vernon Carey
Tre Mann
Kahlil Whitney
Keion Brooks
N'Faly Dante
Samuell WIlliamson
Mathew Hunt
Trendon Watford
Bryan Antoine
Akok Akok
Isaiah Mobley

now let's see some of their 4 and 3 star players

LaMelo Ball
Okongwu
Patrick Williams
Franz Wagner
Koloko
Jalen Williams

see how silly it is to reference star rankings from draft sites?

but I do agree with you that a potentially great international class and returning players will strengthen it
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#100 » by jman3134 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:40 am

I still like the class, but was less impressed with the Nike Hoops Summit. Holland really showed out, and you have to love his motor. Collier, Wagner, and McCain did not play well at all. Still just one game. I really like what Risacher brought to the contest. Nike really missed some World players, so I doubt there are any real surprises with the 18 year olds sneaking in as early entrants (unless you count perhaps London Johnson - if he is even able to break his 2 yr G League Ignite contract).

Return to NBA Draft