Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Re: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 

Post#21 » by doordoor123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Wizop wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Lol Ntilikina is way too generous of a comparison. He’s a little more similar to Shaun Livingston.

before or after Shaun's injury and rehab? if he has the potential of an always healthy Livingston, that's awfully good.

Well no, I don’t agree with the stuff I said earlier about him. He changes direction really well and has long strides. He’ll be a kind of slasher that Will Barton is, he can probably play 3 positions at the next level. But his value isn’t a starting point guard, more like a starting shooting guard and a back up point guard who can control the pace.
UConn celt
Senior
And1: 70

Post#22 » by UConn celt » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Would be a nice fit next to Donovan Mitchell if/when they move on from Rubio and Mitchell becomes the pg.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,970

Post#23 » by shakes0 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 pm

I think he's passed both Bridges on the big board.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#24 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 pm

shakes0 wrote:I think he's passed both Bridges on the big board.

Gotta like the players that play better when the games mean more. The last 7 games, he's played like a star.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#25 » by doordoor123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Ruzious wrote:
shakes0 wrote:I think he's passed both Bridges on the big board.

Gotta like the players that play better when the games mean more. The last 7 games, he's played like a star.

For sure, at times he looks like the next James Harden. I’ve noticed how much better his jumpshot has gotten. He has such a high release and has great footwork. I can honestly understand putting him in the same range as the Bridges brothers. He has a better feel for the game than both of those guys. The only difference-maker is the athleticism, but that doesn’t always yield the best player. I personally don’t have him there, but I can definitely see what you mean.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,269

Post#26 » by Catchall » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 am

SGA isn't explosive, but he's crafty and he reads the game very well. He's able to see the right play and has the tools to execute. I love how he plays under control and doesn't get pressed or sped up. He can play both on and off the ball, and looks like he can switch up a couple positions defensively. He's got a floor game a bit like George Hill, but with more size and length. I'd put him ahead of Troy Brown and think he'd get picked in the 13 - 18 range.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Cosmic_Backlash
Junior
And1: 272

Post#27 » by Cosmic_Backlash » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:00 am

PaKii94 wrote:
Cosmic_Backlash wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Could almostbe similar to Elfrid Payton I think. Great feel and size.

If he can be Payton with legitimate defense can shoot 3s then that's a real player. Payton's problem's are exclusively that he can't guard anyone and when he's off the ball he is a negative offensively.

If he's ends up like Payton in his current state, then that's at best a late first or early 2nd kind of player.

I haven't watched Payton much since coming into the NBA but during the draft, wasn't his calling card supposed to be defense?

Yup, he was projected to be an above average defender, active body, good play maker, but poor shooter (with potential). Maybe something like a Ricky Rubio type player.

He's an awful defender though. I believe he's ranked in the bottom 10-20 in defensive rating per 100 and in DRAPM. He's a big time gambler, which leads to decent steal percentage - but ultimately hurts his team defense significantly.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#28 » by OGLife » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:13 am

Do not want. I don’t see him being any better than a Shaun Livingston type pre-injury
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#29 » by Justwar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 pm

sshle wrote:Do not want. I don’t see him being any better than a Shaun Livingston type pre-injury

Terrible comparison. You must not remember livingston being a freak athlete. I don't think shais range is good enough, or strength or speed on d to be anything more than a sixth or 7th man tops
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,244

Post#30 » by BadWolf » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:36 pm

looks great tonight
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,742

Post#31 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Been killing it lately
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,037

Post#32 » by Chi town » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:42 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Wizop wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Lol Ntilikina is way too generous of a comparison. He’s a little more similar to Shaun Livingston.

before or after Shaun's injury and rehab? if he has the potential of an always healthy Livingston, that's awfully good.

Well no, I don’t agree with the stuff I said earlier about him. He changes direction really well and has long strides. He’ll be a kind of slasher that Will Barton is, he can probably play 3 positions at the next level. But his value isn’t a starting point guard, more like a starting shooting guard and a back up point guard who can control the pace.

This.

He’s not an NBA PG IMO. He’s a Delon Wright of wings. I like him a lot as a versatile wing w big upside due to his size length stride and mostly IQ. He knows how to play. He’s a winning player. He doesn’t need the ball to be effective.

Wings...
Luka
Mikal
SGA
Miles
Z
MPJ is a 4
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#33 » by CrookedJ » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:55 am

^ totally agree. Could play on or off ball in NBA. Good enough shooter to be a wing. His ball skills make him a + as a wing and secondary creator.

Sent from my ASUS Zenfone using RealGM mobile app.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#34 » by GimmeDat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:45 am

Big question at this point is whether he goes above Sexton/Young at this point, imo. I doubt it, and if not then I don't see heaps of teams biting on PG's in the lottery. As a prospect, however, I don't think he's far away from the aforementioned 2 at all, could even be argued better than, though I tend to disagree at this stage.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,689

Post#35 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:05 am

Kind of reminds me of a more patient DeJounte Murray. He has a lot of tricks in his tool kit though. I think he's a SG though, who can do some spot duty at the point in the league. Sort of like Caris Levert.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#36 » by logical_art » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:22 am

Bigger Sam Cassell?
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#37 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:31 am

Those 6'6 type PGs haven't worked out too well recently - Carter-Williams, Exum, Ntilikina.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,937

Post#38 » by Negrodamus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:47 pm

CrookedJ wrote:^ totally agree. Could play on or off ball in NBA. Good enough shooter to be a wing. His ball skills make him a + as a wing and secondary creator.

Sent from my ASUS Zenfone using RealGM mobile app.

Yea, I’m seeing a lot of point guard comparisons on here. I think he’s going to be a 2 and it will likely take him a season or two to fully fill out and extend his pull-up game to three point land. It will take a bit of patience with him, but the end result is going to be definitely worth it.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,037

Post#39 » by Chi town » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Kind of reminds me of a more patient DeJounte Murray. He has a lot of tricks in his tool kit though. I think he's a SG though, who can do some spot duty at the point in the league. Sort of like Caris Levert.

I think he's a 2/3 Doug Christie. He can defend 1-3.

He's elite at drawing and making FT's. That big for efficiency.

His 3 ball need much more volume.

I like him alot for this NBA. I think he could defend Brown and Tatum. Not Giannis or Simmons though
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#40 » by PLO » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:24 pm

One of the Ringer guys reckon he moves a bit like James Harden.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.

Return to NBA Draft