The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

notables for me:
Coulibaly 44%
Sensa 47%
Podz 46.4%

problem w/ Coulibaly is the small sample size, only 25 attempts

other notables:

GG - 33% on 95 attempts (i'd take that rate+% for his archetype and age all day)
Hawkins - 39% on 123 attempts
Powell - 43% on 94 attempts
Nolley - 40% on 129 attempts
DWH - 42% on 52 attempts
B Miller - 34% on 131 attempts
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,270

Re: 2023 NBA Draft 

Post#2262 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:25 am

i know i finalized my BB but I am tempted to push DWH even higher

shooting indicators are all rock solid, elite RSCI, one of the youngest cats in the class, measured well with 6-10 w/s and 10" hands, some two way juice potential.

i dunno, i know the Duke tape disappointed a bit considering the hype out of HS but there is a strong chance it's b/c of the foot issues and Duke just not being a great environment for all these dudes to showcase what they got.

or maybe I am blinded/biased bc he was my guy out of HS. someone talk me out of it.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2263 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:35 am

clyde21 wrote:i know i finalized my BB but I am tempted to push DWH even higher

shooting indicators are all rock solid, elite RSCI, one of the youngest cats in the class, measured well with 6-10 w/s and 10" hands, some two way juice potential.

i dunno, i know the Duke tape disappointed a bit considering the hype out of HS but there is a strong chance it's b/c of the foot issues and Duke just not being a great environment for all these dudes to showcase what they got.

or maybe I am blinded/biased bc he was my guy out of HS. someone talk me out of it.

Duke pipeline to NOP? :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#2264 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:56 am

you were way too high on him before the season and imho way too low on him now. He was never the top 3 talent people thought but he's still solidly a lottery talent especially when nobody after the top 5 is clearly better than him. If you factor in his injury, rush to get back, and trying to catch up and impress, it's no wonder he had some struggles. And we know Scheyer has no idea what he's doing and did him no favors. So it all adds up to him probably being anywhere from the 5-12th best prospect in this draft. There's very little chance he'll bust but there's also very little chance he'll be an all-star either.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#2265 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:01 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:

you were way too high on him before the season and imho way too low on him now. He was never the top 3 talent people thought but he's still solidly a lottery talent especially when nobody after the top 5 is clearly better than him. If you factor in his injury, rush to get back, and trying to catch up and impress, it's no wonder he had some struggles. And we know Scheyer has no idea what he's doing and did him no favors. So it all adds up to him probably being anywhere from the 5-12th best prospect in this draft. There's very little chance he'll bust but there's also very little chance he'll be an all-star either.

He showed flashes he could be the second best player in this class.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,638

Post#2266 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:29 pm

This is pretty much the whole reason I still pay for The Athletic.

Read on Twitter
shotsquatch
Sixth Man
And1: 3,592

Post#2267 » by shotsquatch » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:59 pm

How could anyone take Brandon Miller over Scoot? Am I crazy? Scoot has a great frame, amazing athleticism, high motor, has been holding his own against grown men as a teenager -- what more could you possibly want out of a guard prospect?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,624

Post#2268 » by DOT » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:08 pm

shotsquatch wrote:How could anyone take Brandon Miller over Scoot? Am I crazy? Scoot has a great frame, amazing athleticism, high motor, has been holding his own against grown men as a teenager -- what more could you possibly want out of a guard prospect?

The ability to shoot 3s

If the thinking is title or bust, how often do athletic PGs who can't shoot lead their teams to titles as the #1 option?

Furthermore, if Scoot doesn't reach his ceiling and doesn't develop a shot, how effective will he be as a #2 option?

With a guy like Miller, even if he doesn't reach that level of being a true #1 like Tatum, you can still comfortably slot him on a good team next to a true #1, where if Scoot doesn't reach his ceiling, he won't be a good #2 option next to a true #1

If you're just drafting based on upside and probability of reaching that upside, you go Scoot, but it's understandable if some guys would rather take Miller.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
shotsquatch
Sixth Man
And1: 3,592

Post#2269 » by shotsquatch » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:16 pm

DOT wrote:
shotsquatch wrote:How could anyone take Brandon Miller over Scoot? Am I crazy? Scoot has a great frame, amazing athleticism, high motor, has been holding his own against grown men as a teenager -- what more could you possibly want out of a guard prospect?

The ability to shoot 3s

If the thinking is title or bust, how often do athletic PGs who can't shoot lead their teams to titles as the #1 option?

Furthermore, if Scoot doesn't reach his ceiling and doesn't develop a shot, how effective will he be as a #2 option?

With a guy like Miller, even if he doesn't reach that level of being a true #1 like Tatum, you can still comfortably slot him on a good team next to a true #1, where if Scoot doesn't reach his ceiling, he won't be a good #2 option next to a true #1

If you're just drafting based on upside and probability of reaching that upside, you go Scoot, but it's understandable if some guys would rather take Miller.

How often does any player lead their team to a title? That's overthinking it, imo. I want Scoot on my team, period.

Miller is a one trick pony with attitude issues.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,624

Post#2270 » by DOT » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:24 pm

shotsquatch wrote:
DOT wrote:

The ability to shoot 3s

How often does any player lead their team to a title? That's overthinking it, imo. I want Scoot on my team, period.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest Miller fan

But I can understand the logic if it's the Hornets, do you really want a guy to take the ball out of LaMelo's hands who won't do much while LaMelo has the ball?

If both guys can play off ball, it works, but if a guy can't play off ball, then they need to be a true #1. That was the problem with building around prime Westbrook, and it'll be the problem with building around Scoot even at his ceiling. It's just hard to build around those types of guys.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,476

Post#2271 » by Big J » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:01 pm

shotsquatch wrote:
DOT wrote:

The ability to shoot 3s

It’s really not overthinking it, especially in todays NBA where shooting and length matter more than ever.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,415

Post#2272 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:06 pm

shotsquatch wrote:
DOT wrote:

The ability to shoot 3s

lol. overthinking it would be passing on elite shooting and length in today's nba for lack of shooting and only okay length.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,552

Post#2273 » by LofJ » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:19 pm

Woj says Miller is the pick, Shams says Scoot. I'm ready for this to be over with, lol.

Read on Twitter
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#2274 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:49 pm

LofJ wrote:Woj says Miller is the pick, Shams says Scoot. I'm ready for this to be over with, lol.

Read on Twitter

my gut is saying they scoot.

and damn, for myself despite being the biggest miller fanboy since about november (and having him second on my board), i'm starting to get a gut feeling about scoot. dude just seems different.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2275 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:55 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
shotsquatch wrote:
DOT wrote:The ability to shoot 3s

lol. overthinking it would be passing on elite shooting and length in today's nba for lack of shooting and only okay length.

"elite shooting"

fyi

Miller shot 34% from the NBA 3pt line this year

Scoot shot 33% from the NBA 3pt line this year

if Miller's shooting is the gamebreaker here, you might have to rethink that.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#2276 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:03 pm

clyde21 wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:
shotsquatch wrote:How often does any player lead their team to a title? That's overthinking it, imo. I want Scoot on my team, period.

"elite shooting"

fyi

how many nba threes did Miller shoot? maybe 50? 75? Scoot even fewer? sample size matters. he also shot 86% FTs.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#2277 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:10 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:

"elite shooting"

fyi

how many nba threes did Miller shoot? maybe 50? 75? Scoot even fewer? sample size matters. he also shot 86% FTs.

131 attempts, I posted the numbers literally on top of this page.

and while Miller does project as a good shooter, you guys are talking about him like he's this outlier shooting prospect, and based on his shooting alone he needs to be taken above Scoot.
Pathora
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#2278 » by Pathora » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:18 pm

I have a weird feeling if Scoot goes 2 that Brandon Miller falls to 5 and Detroit trades him for the best offer available. Portland takes Amen and Houston takes Ausar or Anthony Black.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#2279 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:35 pm

Pathora wrote:I have a weird feeling if Scoot goes 2 that Brandon Miller falls to 5 and Detroit trades him for the best offer available. Portland takes Amen and Houston takes Ausar or Anthony Black.

this board cracks me up. there is zero chance miller drops to 5 (or 4) and nobody outside of this board is even suggesting it. yet on this board, the idea of him dropping past three has been mentioned several times by multiple people. i get that some might not love him as a prospect, but regardless of whether you love him, hate him, or are lukewarm on him, he's going top 3.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#2280 » by EvanZ » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:37 pm

I think there's an outside chance Amen goes third.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft