Lachlan Olbrich

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,320

Lachlan Olbrich 

Post#1 » by Hal14 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:21 pm

Seems like he's a guy who is rapidly going from being not on any mock drafts or big boards all summer to all of a sudden being possibly a 1st rounder.

Watching the Illawarra Hawks games at the NBL preseason blitz, Olbrich really pops off the screen. With his combination of size (6'10" with sturdy frame), mobility (moves really quick and fluid for a guy his size), ability to handle the basketball, take his man off the dribble, make some nice passes, really strong finisher at the rim, has some nice touch in the mid range, can even hit the 3 a little bit and shows how feel/high IQ with some of the plays he makes on both ends of the floor.

And he's only 19..

Thoughts?

We could see 2 guys from Australia go in the 1st round - Proctor and Olbrich. Plus Taran Armstrong who could go in the 2nd round..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
JazzP
Freshman
And1: 66

Re: Lachlan Olbrich 

Post#2 » by JazzP » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:47 am

He really went off that 3rd NBL Blitz game! I was getting sold on him before that, too.

I get why he wasn't exactly mocked before this season, but I think his NCAA profile does kind of hold up to the validity of what he's doing so far and how reasonable the leap in his game really is.

Like, he wasn't quite there before, but he really wasn't that far away, either (for someone that strikes me as having been fairly anonymous). He was pretty darn good for a freshman.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,320

Re: Lachlan Olbrich 

Post#3 » by Hal14 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:24 am

Just finished watching all 3 Illawarra Hawks games during the preseason blitz. Olbrich is absolutely a 1st round pick at this point.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)

Return to NBA Draft