Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,458

Re: Under the Radar Prospects 

Post#61 » by JRoy » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:16 am

165bows wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:I don't see anyone talking about Owen Freeman. Why not?

Another big game...don't sleep

Quad Cities baby.

Wife grew up there.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,771

Post#62 » by Chuck Everett » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:59 am

clyde21 wrote:Jevon Porter is finally getting back into form after his injury, killing it the last four games

for those that don't know, he's the younger brother of MPJ and Jontay Porter...really not sure what's wrong with this family though they cant seem to stop getting injured.

So many lower leg injuries. I wonder if some of it is diet related (weak bones). They are vegan if I'm not mistaken. The parents made a family of ballers with size, but the injuries are just strange.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#63 » by mattg » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:17 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Jevon Porter is finally getting back into form after his injury, killing it the last four games

for those that don't know, he's the younger brother of MPJ and Jontay Porter...really not sure what's wrong with this family though they cant seem to stop getting injured.

So many lower leg injuries. I wonder if some of it is diet related (weak bones). They are vegan if I'm not mistaken. The parents made a family of ballers with size, but the injuries are just strange.

Some people are genetically prone to getting hurt when they are serious athletes, you see it in literally every sport. Being a high level athlete is very straining to the body, that is exacerbated the larger a human is. The Porter sisters also all had ridiculous injury issues that ended their athletic careers. It's a combo of bad genetics and sub par diet which was/is fueled by Porter's mother being obsessed with Dr. Doug Graham.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,214

Post#64 » by clyde21 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:25 am

mattg wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:

Some people are genetically prone to getting hurt when they are serious athletes, you see it in literally every sport. Being a high level athlete is very straining to the body, that is exacerbated the larger a human is. The Porter sisters also all had ridiculous injury issues that ended their athletic careers. It's a combo of bad genetics and sub par diet which was/is fueled by Porter's mother being obsessed with Dr. Doug Graham.

yea, but the fact that this is happening to every single one of the siblings is wild. definitely a genetic thing and probably compounded by the diet possibly.

he's already having to wear a brace around his leg which not a good sign, bummer too because he's highly skilled (just like Jontay was before all the injuries subsumed him)

elias808
Junior
And1: 316

Post#65 » by elias808 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:29 am

I’ll plant my flag on Dillon Jones from Weber State. Been watching what tape I can find on him. Love his game. This years Jalen Williams.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#66 » by EvanZ » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:56 am

Why is nobody talking about Cam Christie? His brother is in the NBA and Cam might be the better sibling.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#67 » by EvanZ » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:58 am

elias808 wrote:I’ll plant my flag on Dillon Jones from Weber State. Been watching what tape I can find on him. Love his game. This years Jalen Williams.

I was on this kid 3 years ago lol

Read on Twitter

He's not nearly the athlete Jalen Williams is.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
elias808
Junior

Post#68 » by elias808 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:17 am

EvanZ wrote:
elias808 wrote:I’ll plant my flag on Dillon Jones from Weber State. Been watching what tape I can find on him. Love his game. This years Jalen Williams.

Read on Twitter

True, but it doesn’t matter too much to me. Give me a player with a tangible skill set and polish over a raw super athletic guy any day of the week.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#69 » by EvanZ » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:41 pm

elias808 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Read on Twitter

True, but it doesn’t matter too much to me. Give me a player with a tangible skill set and polish over a raw super athletic guy any day of the week.

Jalen Williams is both so...
elias808
Junior

Post#70 » by elias808 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:48 pm

EvanZ wrote:
elias808 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Read on Twitter

Jalen Williams is both so...

I’m not referring to Jalen tho. I knew he was gonna be an amazing player in the league. Said he would be a top 3-5 player in the draft after a couple years.

I’m referring to Jones. He may not be the athlete Jalen is, but he is a player who will exceed his draft position, or at least where he is CURRENTLY being mocked.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#71 » by EvanZ » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:08 pm

Darren Buchanan plays for GW. Transferred from VT after redshirting. Another guy who is a poor man's Jalen Williams. Beefier*, worse shooter, worse competition and yet...I'm still a little intriguing. Could be a guy down the line if not sooner.

*Apparently related to Vernon Davis...does not surprise me looking at him :lol:
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,180

Post#72 » by JMAC3 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:02 pm

Xaivian Lee is a guy that could get some love if Princeton wins their tourney and gets into tourney. If they don't he probably will need to wait until next before more than 50 people know his name
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#73 » by JMAC3 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:10 pm

AJ Storr is another name to watch.

Kind of crazy UCSB has AJay Mitchell and Yohan Traore and they are 8-10 in the Big West
Big Board
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,928

Post#74 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:11 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Xaivian Lee is a guy that could get some love if Princeton wins their tourney and gets into tourney. If they don't he probably will need to wait until next before more than 50 people know his name

Nobody from Princeton will be taken seriously. That system is designed for a reason. If you running a Princeton offense in 2024 chances are you have no legit NBA talent. That system is meant to hide lesser talented players. Let's leave the Ivy League talent where it belongs in Hospitals and Court Rooms. 8-)
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#75 » by JMAC3 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:26 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Xaivian Lee is a guy that could get some love if Princeton wins their tourney and gets into tourney. If they don't he probably will need to wait until next before more than 50 people know his name

Nobody from Princeton will be taken seriously. That system is designed for a reason. If you running a Princeton offense in 2024 chances are you have no legit NBA talent. That system is meant to hide lesser talented players. Let's leave the Ivy League talent where it belongs in Hospitals and Court Rooms. 8-)

Yeah, not really his game tbh. He mainly operates in the PnR in a more traditional offense. Feel free to check him out.

Big Board
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,928

Post#76 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:46 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Yeah, not really his game tbh. He mainly operates in the PnR in a more traditional offense. Feel free to check him out.

Looks good vs Ivy League players. If he shows me in the tournament he can play well vs the bigger schools I could buy some of the stock you are selling.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#77 » by JMAC3 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:53 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Nobody from Princeton will be taken seriously. That system is designed for a reason. If you running a Princeton offense in 2024 chances are you have no legit NBA talent. That system is meant to hide lesser talented players. Let's leave the Ivy League talent where it belongs in Hospitals and Court Rooms. 8-)

Looks good vs Ivy League players. If he shows me in the tournament he can play well vs the bigger schools I could buy some of the stock you are selling.

Yeah, I don't think he is a top 25 talent or anything, but he is just now turning 20 this month as a Soph so super young and he actually played pretty well in the 2023 FIBA Under-19 Basketball World Cup for Canada as their leading scorer with 14.1 ppg.
Big Board
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,542

Post#78 » by zzaj » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:50 pm

Guy I'm curious about right now is Perrin...super ambidextrous, and sneaky solid. I'd draft him over many of the prospects in the second round. Is he going to come out you think?
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#79 » by Mickey8 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:11 pm

Djurisic will work his way up to second round. He's showing lots of things since Topic have moved to Crvene Zvezda. His play making is underrated, he can really pass the rock.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 932

Post#80 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:45 am

zzaj wrote:Guy I'm curious about right now is Perrin...super ambidextrous, and sneaky solid. I'd draft him over many of the prospects in the second round. Is he going to come out you think?

he's a first round talent imo. More of a classic 4 but he has great intangibles and can handle the ball and pass. I think if you're sitting there deciding between Perrin, Ndongo, Klintman and Ighodaro in the back half of the first round you have a tough decision on your hands. I still haven't heard whether Perrin, Ndongo, Yang and some others will declare. They have 5 more days to do so

Return to NBA Draft