Post#1 » by itsxtray » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:02 am

Yall seen this going around on twitter? Apparently this is a 12 year old:

Read on Twitter
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,308

Re: Mohamed Dabone 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:53 pm

I'm going to need to see some documentation here.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,463

Post#3 » by azcatz11 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:27 pm

He looks 14-15 to me.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#4 » by sisibilio » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:41 pm

azcatz11 wrote:He looks 14-15 to me.

Yep. Still an amazing talent even assuming that.

BTW the original footage
sisibilio wrote:Mohamed Dabone

Read on Twitter

He's allegedly 12 YO, which is hard to believe. But even if he's a bit older that's pretty crazy stuff.

you can watch the full games there

If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,432

Post#5 » by DaddyCool19 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:32 pm

Colbinii wrote:I'm going to need to see some documentation here.

Is this legit enough?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#6 » by EvanZ » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:54 pm

There are some dudes in here definitely want Mo Dabone :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
_jin
Sixth Man
And1: 2,190

Post#7 » by _jin » Yesterday 1:19 pm

Wtf is this kid! Just watched him live for the first time in the absolute dismantling of ALBA Berlin in the ANGT Finals. 21pts on 9/12 FG, 1/1 3P, 6rbs, 1stl, 2blk in only 12mins because he picked 3 early fouls and also had to share time with Kone and Keita at the center position.

He has the body of Giannis at 20 during his 2nd NBA season but he's 12yo, playing against 17 and 18yo. He's so big and agile and his footwork is mindblowing at his age. He's obviously VERY raw and while he made his only 3 (with the help of a few lucky bounces), his form is horrible and he tried a baseline jumper that barely grazed the front of the rim.

Barcelona are hoarders, they have all the best young centers in the world. Sayon Keita, 16yo 19p/8r, and Abdrahamane Kone, 15yo 20p/9r, both dominated as much as Dabone during this game.
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#8 » by sisibilio » Yesterday 1:59 pm

He's already turned 13 officially.

BTW if you believe that i know a guy who has a nice bridge to sell you.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

_jin
Sixth Man
And1: 2,190

Post#9 » by _jin » Yesterday 3:50 pm

sisibilio wrote:He's already turned 13 officially.

He's born in october 2011 so he's still 12 officially. He might be a couple years older but I'm not going into speculations that are mostly based on racist stereotypes. Nobody doubted Wemby's age despite being even taller. And even if he's 15 the way he dominates against much older kids is still impressive.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#10 » by EvanZ » Yesterday 4:34 pm

_jin wrote:

He's born in october 2011 so he's still 12 officially. He might be a couple years older but I'm not going into speculations that are mostly based on racist stereotypes. Nobody doubted Wemby's age despite being even taller. And even if he's 15 the way he dominates against much older kids is still impressive.

Wemby was born in France and has a legit birth certificate. Dabone was born in West Africa where birth certificates are highly questionable. This isn't racism, it's objective truth. In some of these African countries nearly 2/3 of children don't have birth certificates, or at least, not legitimate ones.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#11 » by sisibilio » Yesterday 6:43 pm

_jin wrote:

It's not racist stereotypes, cmon, no 12 or 13 YO black kid has ever looked or moved like that, Wemby was a freak and he certainly didn't.

These fake passports/birth certificates from players of certain west african countries been a recurring theme in spanish youth teams for the last 15 years.
@MikePradaSBN

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,205

Post#12 » by Mickey8 » Yesterday 7:43 pm

If you really think he's 12 years old I have the bridge to sell you :lol:
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Mickey8 » Yesterday 7:46 pm

_jin wrote:

Its nothing to do with the racism. Real Madrid and Barcelona are always full of African prospects who are dominating in these youth tournaments yet they are nowhere to find when its time to step to professional waters. They all share the same traits, body and strength of full grown man. Siby from Mega Basket is one of those suspicious cases.
coutournant
Junior
And1: 92

Post#14 » by coutournant » Yesterday 9:36 pm

EvanZ wrote:
_jin wrote:

Wemby was born in France and has a legit birth certificate. Dabone was born in West Africa where birth certificates are highly questionable. This isn't racism, it's objective truth. In some of these African countries nearly 2/3 of children don't have birth certificates, or at least, not legitimate ones.

Dabone is 6'10 at 12, Wembanyama was 6'10 at Minicopa when he was 14. Wemby was 6'7 at 12 and he was a lot more skinny than Dabone.
It's not comparable. Dabone looks like Giannis father :o :lol:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#15 » by EvanZ » Yesterday 10:06 pm

I will see your Mohamed Dabone and raise you 1 Yannick Nzosa :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Mickey8 » Today 12:12 am

coutournant wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
_jin wrote:He's born in october 2011 so he's still 12 officially. He might be a couple years older but I'm not going into speculations that are mostly based on racist stereotypes. Nobody doubted Wemby's age despite being even taller. And even if he's 15 the way he dominates against much older kids is still impressive.

Dabone is 6'10 at 12, Wembanyama was 6'10 at Minicopa when he was 14. Wemby was 6'7 at 12 and he was a lot more skinny than Dabone.
It's not comparable. Dabone looks like Giannis father :o :lol:

There are the cases of kids being extremely tall at that age. But here we have the person who is physically and athletically already matured at supposed age of 12, this 12 year old could already compete in the NBA with the body like that :) Most of the kids with that height at the early age have to learn how to walk and run properly first. What else will make this kid suspicious of not being of right age, if his height growth suddenly stops and he stays at the same height in the next 4,5 years.There is another kid on that Barcelona team who might be older than his official date of birth.

Return to NBA Draft