Aleksa Dimitrijevic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,203

Aleksa Dimitrijevic 

Post#1 » by Mickey8 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:10 pm

Serbian 7 feet tall center. He will turn 18 years this year in May. He has long arms, good mobility, he's a very good shot blocker. Good passer like the most Serbian big men. He can score inside and outside. He could be the sleeper on the next year draft, certainly has the potential to be the first round pick next year.

lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,331

Re: Aleksa Dimitrijevic 

Post#2 » by lambchop » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 pm

I definitely see that potential, but I think he has to play for a real team before he can pop up on the draft radar. MEGA or some other ABA liga team would be great. A good U18 Euro championship would also be a plus.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,203

Post#3 » by Mickey8 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:30 pm

He had a very productive tournament for Serbia the last week in Germany. He's starting center for U18 Serbian team . I really like his game and I think he's the next great center for Serbia if he avoids injuries. I am not sure what's next step for him club wise. He said he would like to stay with Partizan and to play for their senior team but Obradovic doesn't play young players. If Vujosevic was the coach of Partizan today , Dimitrijevic would already playing big minutes, like Milutinov,Krstic,Pekovic and Perovic were getting as youngsters . I know that college is the option for him too, but I wouldn't like to see him going there. And I agree with you, I would like to see him in Mega. Mega have the center from Mali, Siby that they have to play next season but Dimitrijevic also is playing at PF position as well for Partizan club. He's going to turn 18 in May so we will see if he's going to sign professional contract or he will go to college.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,331

Post#4 » by lambchop » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:19 pm

Yep, believe it or not, college is not an easy environment for european players. The style of play is different, the rules are slightly different and the players are very athletic compared to what you'd see in Euro domestic leagues. Jan Vide won the angt mvp, averaged 18 ppg at the U19 WC and was useless this season in the ncaa. Aday Mara was already getting ACB rotation minutes last year (very rare for a player his age) and was only good enough for garbage time buckets in the ncaa.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.

Return to NBA Draft