Can Gordon or Mayo guard NBA point guards?and ?'s for scouts

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 551

Can Gordon or Mayo guard NBA point guards?and ?'s for scouts 

Post#1 » by Goldbum » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:44 am

I think thats the biggest question I have about these combo guards. What do you guys think? From what I've seen I feel confident that Bayless and Rose both can. Also what do you guys think of Russell Westbrook? Is there any chance he comes out this year, and if he does where does he go?
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#2 » by randomhero423 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:48 am

mayo/rose= yes they can. have not seen bayless. and gordon i think would be better off against sg's.

it's a funny situation w/ westbrook. i don't think he should go, but jrue holiday is gonna b there next year, so he may not even start..
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#3 » by bigballa3jj » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:32 am

holiday and westbrook can both start in the backcourt, since shipp will be gone and collison will probably enter the draftt
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:37 am

Russell Westbrook is not a good player. He may have nice physical tools but I don't think he has the skills to be a PG at the next level. He's not much of one even at the college level, regardless of who plays in front of him.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 551

Post#5 » by Goldbum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:21 am

I had hoped to get some insight from John G or one of the other Draftexpress guys. No such luck, I guess.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Mayo and Gordon have the physical speed and quickness to guard most NBA PG's (maybe not the experiance?) The speediest/best NBA PG's? Nah.....ain't no college freshman ready for that......yet.
CENSORED... No comment.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:17 pm

most of these guys haven't played NBA quality PGs yet so it remains to be seen. Probably won't find out definitively until the post season workouts

Gordon was undisputedly impressive in guarding OJ Mayo in the McDonalds game though for what it's worth
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:42 pm

old rem wrote:Mayo and Gordon have the physical speed and quickness to guard most NBA PG's (maybe not the experiance?) The speediest/best NBA PG's? Nah.....ain't no college freshman ready for that......yet.

I agree with that - with the possible exception of Rose. He's quicker than everyone else, and he knows it.

I think Westbrook can be the ideal 3rd guard. As a starter, he's got weaknesses that would be exploited a lot more - ala Vinnie Johnson of the old Pistons.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Re: Can Gordon or Mayo guard NBA point guards?and ?'s for sc 

Post#9 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Goldbum wrote:I think thats the biggest question I have about these combo guards. What do you guys think? From what I've seen I feel confident that Bayless and Rose both can. Also what do you guys think of Russell Westbrook? Is there any chance he comes out this year, and if he does where does he go?

Can Gordon and Mayo guard NBA PG's? Yes...a lot easier than guarding NBA SG's IMO. And Westbrook should stay in school.

Return to NBA Draft