Brandon Jennings' Euroleague Season Completed

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: Brandon Jennings' Euroleague Season Completed 

Post#31 » by KWSN-Men » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:24 pm

JonathanG wrote:Jennings is making 300k Euros net. Regarding the "three-year, $1.65 million deal" -- if he stays for two more years then his contract escalates next season and the season after (which is normal, especially for young players). The reason he signed a long-term deal is so Rome could get the 500k buyout from the NBA, which essentially means that Jennings played for them for free this year (or close to it). They also didn't have to pay an agent fee, according to what Sonny Vaccaro told me.

Thank you for clarifying. It still doesn't count some endorsements from his team though.

Jonathan, can you answer my question here please:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=890263
JonathanG
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#32 » by JonathanG » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:22 pm

"doesn't count some endorsements from his team though"

I'm not sure you understand what an endorsement is. Teams don't give them to players. They come from companies like Nike, Adidas, Mcdonald's, etc, looking for marketing.

Regarding Bouroussis, we've been talking about him for years now. See his DraftExpress profile. The holdup was always his contract. There is a lot of NBA interest in him right now and I'm sure he'll be signed by someone this summer.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#33 » by KWSN-Men » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:30 pm

JonathanG wrote:"doesn't count some endorsements from his team though"

I'm not sure you understand what an endorsement is. Teams don't give them to players. They come from companies like Nike, Adidas, Mcdonald's, etc, looking for marketing.

Regarding Bouroussis, we've been talking about him for years now. See his DraftExpress profile. The holdup was always his contract. There is a lot of NBA interest in him right now and I'm sure he'll be signed by someone this summer.

I know exactly what an endorsement is. Boykins gets part of his team's sponsorship partnerships. I thought I heard Bodiroga say that Jennings got a little from Roma's sponsorship partners as well.

On Bourousis that makes since. I cannot believe someone with that potential is not in the NBA.
sorokii
Junior
And1: 32

Post#34 » by sorokii » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 am

I think the experience has been only good for him in personal terms. Now he probably is more mature than before. Basketball? IMO he went to a team with more pressure than he would have needed.
da da da da daaaaaa...
Malinhion
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#35 » by Malinhion » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:25 pm

I actually don't think those are bad numbers for a 19-year-old kid playing his first year pro with an overseas club. Especially with no college experience.

Is there any footage?
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#36 » by KWSN-Men » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Malinhion wrote:I actually don't think those are bad numbers for a 19-year-old kid playing his first year pro with an overseas club. Especially with no college experience.

Is there any footage?

He was a below average backup. But yeah for a 19 year old that's definitely good at that level.

Return to NBA Draft