SPURS GAME DAY! GAME 14: SPURS VS. CLIPPERS, 20-11-2023, 7PM (CT)

Moderator: G R E Y

imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,282

Re: SPURS GAME DAY! GAME 14: SPURS VS. CLIPPERS, 20-11-2023, 7PM (CT) 

Post#61 » by imagump1313 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:43 am

I would have bought League Pass by now but we are soo bad it might be better if I didn't watch too closely :lol:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,336

Post#62 » by G R E Y » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:07 am

imagump1313 wrote:I would have bought League Pass by now but we are soo bad it might be better if I didn't watch too closely :lol:

I looked into the costs and even for a single team found it ... surprising. But it's really the complaints of so many fans here watching - trying to watch - on LP but getting really bad reception or black outs. Rather go another route. Will continue to watch :D
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by imagump1313 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:37 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:I would have bought League Pass by now but we are soo bad it might be better if I didn't watch too closely :lol:

I looked into the costs and even for a single team found it ... surprising. But it's really the complaints of so many fans here watching - trying to watch - on LP but getting really bad reception or black outs. Rather go another route. Will continue to watch :D

I had LP 2 seasons ago and I had no complaints. The only blackouts were when the Spurs played Detroit which was fine because its only twice a year.

I'm just being a baby because we have played soo bad that if I need to make much effort at all to find a working stream that I find myself thinking "why even bother?"
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,336

Post#64 » by G R E Y » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:30 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

I had LP 2 seasons ago and I had no complaints. The only blackouts were when the Spurs played Detroit which was fine because its only twice a year.

I'm just being a baby because we have played soo bad that if I need to make much effort at all to find a working stream that I find myself thinking "why even bother?"

Yeah that point I got but were we 11-3 I'd still go the route of non-LP. For basketball and non-basketball reasons. The system that forces stuff I don't ever watch but have to pay for, or stuff that used to be on regular sports channels but then got bumped to extra sports channels that you have to pay extra for is absurd.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by imagump1313 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:56 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:I looked into the costs and even for a single team found it ... surprising. But it's really the complaints of so many fans here watching - trying to watch - on LP but getting really bad reception or black outs. Rather go another route. Will continue to watch :D

Yeah that point I got but were we 11-3 I'd still go the route of non-LP. For basketball and non-basketball reasons. The system that forces stuff I don't ever watch but have to pay for, or stuff that used to be on regular sports channels but then got bumped to extra sports channels that you have to pay extra for is absurd.

I agree with you.

The only thing LP forces on you is NBATV which is ok. You can only watch one team unless you pay the higher sub which is also fine with me. And the streams were surprisingly reliable. I think out of 82 games I had one that was hard to get and that was probably my connection. I really dont want to spend the 100 bucks if I can get it for free, but the streams Ive been finding are full of malware and drop or freeze every 10 minutes.

I only watch streams on my computer because I can block or remove the malware. I would never watch them on my phone or tablet just for that reason. With LP I can watch on the phone, tablet or whatever and not worry about it.

It was nice to just be able to fire it up and watch. I spend 100 bucks every year to go see the Spurs when they play Detroit and thats just one game.

I'll wait a couple more games before I decide for sure and I believe that LP offers a discount after the Christmas games are over.

Return to San Antonio Spurs