Question from a Jazz fan.

Moderator: G R E Y

JazzFan4Life18
Banned User
And1: 0

Question from a Jazz fan. 

Post#1 » by JazzFan4Life18 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:22 pm

I think the Jazz and the Spurs are a lot alike. We have a pretty similar system, and we both play very physical. imo, the Spurs are where the Jazz hope to be a few years down the road, and that's what we're working towards.

With all that said, I think there's been a lot of unfair criticism coming from fans of other teams towards the Spurs and Jazz. They say that our teams play too dirty and too physical, that it's not good clean basketball. I have my own opinion on that, but what do you guys think?

btw, good luck tonight against us. Should be a good one!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#2 » by Ballings7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:40 pm

There are some things that aren't quite normal/clean for both teams, but other than those, it's just tough-minded, proven winning-style basketball.

Playing physical and tough is typically part of basketball, and you have to be so in order to be a legitimate high-level team and to win a championship.

Rebounding is physical.

Defense is physical.

Fouling is physical.

Being tough is partly physical.

If it's looked down upon, disagreed with, and disliked (which it is by a lot of people), well, then that's just frustration and jealousy from their part. Partially being wrong in those feelings, too. Having a lack of perspective on what is part of ultimately being a championship-caliber team.

Even with the "dirty" play - that's generally been included on title teams and title contending teams.

Both factors have also been there individually, with many great players.

The historical evidence is tremendous, and will continue for the future.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#3 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:13 am

Teams who are soft are people who can't rebound and don't admit to defend. Hell... what is considered dirty today was considered normal 20 years ago.
stevebozell
Starter
And1: 0

Post#4 » by stevebozell » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 am

Im a huge Jazz fan, but we are not at all in the same class as the Spurs are.
ColdBlue wrote:I think NJN should go to the cave and whip up a Sloan + NJN + anal lube = Championship sig.

Return to San Antonio Spurs