Getting SA under lux tax

Moderator: G R E Y

pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 392

Post#21 » by pad300 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:17 am

Sham wrote:Indeed, if the prorated numbers of Langford/Richardson/Washington/Williams are changed to prorated numbers for a third year veteran (as is what you do when calculating team tax figures on minimum salary 1st and 2nd year players thta you didn't draft - not sure if Williams counts in this respect for he was drafted, but also waived, then re-signed), then the Spurs come out at $67,903,716, which is above the tax threshold. By like millimetres.

Whether you do that for players who spent a mere fraction of the season on the roster, I don't know. That be the question. Either that or my maths are wrong.

It's worth mentioning that the Spurs will have calculated this long before we have, and before they signed Damon. If they went ahead and did so anyway, rather than politely asking him to wait the 7 or so days it would take to make this irrelevant, then that tells you they're in the clear. No team out there is THAT desperate for Damon Stoudamire.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpos ... tcount=150

That is the most recent set of salary calcs that I have seen for the spurs. It indicates that the Spurs are ~65000 over the threshold. The spurs really did need PG help when they signed Damon. To save $65000 on stoudamire, they would have had to wait 2 or 3 weeks. That might have been bad. They may well have been THAT desperate for Damon...
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#22 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:23 am

Sham you are posting on an American Website... it is CENTER ;)...

Damn the metric system as well :D
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#23 » by Three34 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:28 am

pad300 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpos ... tcount=150

That is the most recent set of salary calcs that I have seen for the spurs. It indicates that the Spurs are ~65000 over the threshold. The spurs really did need PG help when they signed Damon. To save $65000 on stoudamire, they would have had to wait 2 or 3 weeks. That might have been bad. They may well have been THAT desperate for Damon...

Those are the exact numbers with which I am working, with the exception of the $25,000 to training camp players that I have never heard of before.

Return to San Antonio Spurs