The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,335

Re: SPURS 2023 OFF-SEASON NEWS 

Post#144 » by G R E Y » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:18 pm

Hmm so that's two vets we acquired who are on their final year of contracts that we just made UFAs. Ok. I thought Bullock's bulk and size could help us for however long he'd be with us and then we could flip him for assets but I guess we're all in on the young guys fighting for spots and minutes with younger vets in place:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Cedi has been practicing with the team so I hope he stays like it looks like.

Maybe we're making room for something else in mind? Are we in on a prospective other deal? Kind of surprised we let Reggie and Cam go without turning them into something. Maybe we tried and didn't like the return.

Anyway, one more player to trim. Let's see what we do.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,282

Post#145 » by imagump1313 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:30 pm

G R E Y wrote:Hmm so that's two vets we acquired who are on their final year of xo tracts that we just made UFAs. Ok. I thought Bullock's bulk and size could help us for however long he'd be with us and then we could flip him for assets but I guess we're all in on the young guys fighting for spots and minutes with younger vets in place:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Maybe we're making room for something else in mind? Are we in on a prospective other deal? Kind of surprised we let Reggie and Cam go without turning them into something. Maybe we tried and didn't like the return.

THANK GOD!!!!!

Bullock is horrible. Any minute he spent on the floor or on this roster was wasted time. The league knows what he is and it would be a miracle if we got more than a deflated rubber basketball for him in a trade.

I'm soo glad we didn't waste any time with him or Payne. Bye, bye.......
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#146 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 1, 2023 12:21 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Hmm so that's two vets we acquired who are on their final year of xo tracts that we just made UFAs. Ok. I thought Bullock's bulk and size could help us for however long he'd be with us and then we could flip him for assets but I guess we're all in on the young guys fighting for spots and minutes with younger vets in place:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

THANK GOD!!!!!

Bullock is horrible. Any minute he spent on the floor or on this roster was wasted time. The league knows what he is and it would be a miracle if we got more than a deflated rubber basketball for him in a trade.

I'm soo glad we didn't waste any time with him or Payne. Bye, bye.......

Have to figure we of course tried and it wasn't worth it. I didn't think he was that bad but honestly my memory is too vague about him.

We got an unprotected first round pick swap in 2030 with Dallas in exchange for absorbing Bullock and some 2nds sent out. So there's that.

Feels, too, like we maybe held onto Reggie and Cam in case we were included in some extra-team deals but once the main ones were made, we moved on as well.

Has to be Birch who is trimmed for our final spot, right?
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#147 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 1, 2023 12:31 am

Probably Austin bound:

Read on Twitter

EDIT to add:
Read on Twitter

Forgot Millner was one of our two-ways. Interesting. Wonder who's headed to our G-League affiliate?
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#148 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 1, 2023 2:04 am

Busy day. I liked Bediako this summer from what I recall:

Read on Twitter

I wonder if Birch is on his way out soon?
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#149 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 1, 2023 2:54 am

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#150 » by imagump1313 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 3:14 am

G R E Y wrote:Have to figure we of course tried and it wasn't worth it. I didn't think he was that bad but honestly my memory is too vague about him.

We got an unprotected first round pick swap in 2030 with Dallas in exchange for absorbing Bullock and some 2nds sent out. So there's that.

Feels, too, like we maybe held onto Reggie and Cam in case we were included in some extra-team deals but once the main ones were made, we moved on as well.

I'm guessing Birch. I have not seen him in any media or workout or Spurs propaganda video all summer. That, and he just inst very good.

I've seen Devonte Graham in a few though so I guess he is sticking around :banghead:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#151 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 1, 2023 3:38 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Have to figure we of course tried and it wasn't worth it. I didn't think he was that bad but honestly my memory is too vague about him.

I'm guessing Birch. I have not seen him in any media or workout or Spurs propaganda video all summer. That, and he just inst very good.

I've seen Devonte Graham in a few though so I guess he is sticking around :banghead:

?? I feel the media team has done a great job. There's so much to be excited about, Wemby of course, how he's acclimating with the team and to SA, the new facility complex progress, workout videos like all teams have. Some quality black and white photos which I love.

There was a podcast snippet with Zach and he talked about how we've had several group sessions to instill basics so new guys are familiar come training camp. Other former players said that's a rare occurrence so it's cool to get some behind the scenes insights.

I didn't see Birch or Reggie or Cam in any summer sessions but Cedi has been in them. I'm glad he's sticking around.

Anyway, you know you love having a guy to hate lol
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by imagump1313 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 5:23 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

?? I feel the media team has done a great job. There's so much to be excited about, Wemby of course, how he's acclimating with the team and to SA, the new facility complex progress, workout videos like all teams have. Some quality black and white photos which I love.

There was a podcast snippet with Zach and he talked about how we've had several group sessions to instill basics so new guys are familiar come training camp. Other former players said that's a rare occurrence so it's cool to get some behind the scenes insights.

I didn't see Birch or Reggie or Cam in any summer sessions but Cedi has been in them. I'm glad he's sticking around.

I'm not saying its a bad thing. But it is what it is, propaganda.

Spurs media are just like any other team content makers, They are never ever going to say anything negative. That's fine.

I was just mentioning that I did not see Bullock or Payne in any media hype all summer but I saw everyone else including Graham so Im assuming he is not being dealt.

Birch hasn't been in any media either so its just a logical guess he is the last man out.

I don't hate Graham, I'm sure he is a wonderful human being. He just frustrates me how he plays basketball. :D
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#153 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 1, 2023 1:37 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

Spurs media are just like any other team content makers, They are never ever going to say anything negative. That's fine.

I was just mentioning that I did not see Bullock or Payne in any media hype all summer but I saw everyone else including Graham so Im assuming he is not being dealt.

Birch hasn't been in any media either so its just a logical guess he is the last man out.

I don't hate Graham, I'm sure he is a wonderful human being. He just frustrates me how he plays basketball. :D

Well sure but is that part of a content maker's job? Are they supposed to make a graphic of a guy shooting poorly of whatever? Whichever content maker just presents what happens in a visually appealing way if it's for social media, and team statements are released about whichever hires, trades, occurrences like land acquisition or what have you in a matter of fact way.

But to the larger point, negative content can also be propaganda. I think you'll agree that you instead refer to truth not being hidden or manipulated. I don't want to be a diction hallway monitor, but when you said propaganda I thought, hang on, what negative things happened this summer did I forget? And turns out it was a blessedly positive one, finally and at long last, and that's the truth.

As for telling the truth about the team, we've spoken in the past about how team commentators deliver the game. I'm fine with Sean implying rather than outright going after a guy, that's Pop's job. But having played for Pop he also alludes to knowing what's coming when a player screws up a play or misses a D assignment or whatever.

Internally the truth telling is disseminated in the direct way Pop does it so as far as that goes, oh to be a fly on the wall.

Externally, our reporters have both been covering the team forthrightly, asking questions, and continuing to be peppered with social media fan questions about why they don't ask the hard questions.

But mainly I guess the word stood out as it does because I thought I missed something bad and important that wasn't given due coverage but turns out you were using it in a broader more general sense.

Fair point about Graham. His chucking ways need a shorter leash. Second unit shot distribution and pecking order will be interesting.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by imagump1313 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 2:29 pm

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:?? I feel the media team has done a great job. There's so much to be excited about, Wemby of course, how he's acclimating with the team and to SA, the new facility complex progress, workout videos like all teams have. Some quality black and white photos which I love.

Well sure but is that part of a content maker's job? Are they supposed to make a graphic of a guy shooting poorly of whatever? Whichever content maker just presents what happens in a visually appealing way if it's for social media, and team statements are released about whichever hires, trades, occurrences like land acquisition or what have you in a matter of fact way.

But to the larger point, negative content can also be propaganda. I think you'll agree that you instead refer to truth not being hidden or manipulated. I don't want to be a diction hallway monitor, but when you said propaganda I thought, hang on, what negative things happened this summer did I forget? And turns out it was a blessedly positive one, finally and at long last, and that's the truth.

As for telling the truth about the team, we've spoken in the past about how team commentators deliver the game. I'm fine with Sean implying rather than outright going after a guy, that's Pop's job. But having played for Pop he also alludes to knowing what's coming when a player screws up a play or misses a D assignment or whatever.

Internally the truth telling is disseminated in the direct way Pop does it so as far as that goes, oh to be a fly on the wall.

Externally, our reporters have both been covering the team forthrightly, asking questions, and continuing to be peppered with social media fan questions about why they don't ask the hard questions.

But mainly I guess the word stood out as it does because I thought I missed something bad and important that wasn't given due coverage but turns out you were using it in a broader more general sense.

Fair point about Graham. His chucking ways need a shorter leash. Second unit shot distribution and pecking order will be interesting.

I guess "hype" wouldn't stick out as much as "propaganda" as a word to describe it. But I like to stick out 8-)
Either way I didn't mean it as a bad thing.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#155 » by G R E Y » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:05 am

YYYEEEAAAHHH work it, Wemby!

Read on Twitter

LOVE IT!!!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#156 » by G R E Y » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:28 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#157 » by G R E Y » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:34 pm

And so it begins...

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#158 » by G R E Y » Wed Oct 4, 2023 6:56 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#159 » by G R E Y » Wed Oct 4, 2023 7:50 pm

Hmm. Interesting to see if these types of collaborations expand. Would be cool to expand into Europe (France, Poland, England...):

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#160 » by G R E Y » Sun Oct 8, 2023 2:32 pm

Auspicious beginnings...

Read on Twitter