What to do?

Moderator: G R E Y

co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#21 » by co_laper » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:35 pm

I would love Jeff Foster.

Anyways, even thou things are not doing great right now, i really doubt the Spurs make a trade.

I mean let's face it, with the Spurs, loyalty matters.

You look at the guys on our team that we want to move. guys like oberto just got an extension. Finley and horry is on their last year and i really doubt Pop go out and trade any of them.

I'm betting the Spurs ride it out with this group. They've been saying that they want to give this group of guys a chance to repeat and i'm pretty certain Pop will keep his word on that.

I read an article the other day where they ask at what point does veteran become simply old?

After we won a championship, what we have is veterans.

If we fail to defend our title, old is going to be the word describing our veterans. If we fail to defend our title, i'm pretty sure we'll see major changes depending on how we lost and who we lost to.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#22 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:11 pm

randomhero423 wrote:i've said it before and i'll say it again. RON ARTEST would be a PERFECT fit. he's a much better verison of bruce bowen.. and i'm positive he'll stay grounded with the vets.

I'd love Artest, top 3 favorite player. But I doubt the pieces are enough. Kings GM Petrie has established the deal has to be right in order to move him.

Also, Ron's stayed grounded with the Kings, aside from the incident with his wife (and wasn't suspended for originally back in March, but was this season for pleading not guilty). Which was taken care of awhile ago last year. So, I don't think he'd have a problem on this team at all.

Maybe go after him with the MLE in the summer.

co_laper wrote:If we fail to defend our title, old is going to be the word describing our veterans. If we fail to defend our title, i'm pretty sure we'll see major changes depending on how we lost and who we lost to.

But there would be significant changes even if we do repeat. Barry, Horry, Finley, probably Elson, maybe Vaughn. At least one of Finley/Barry, anyway. Then Splitter or Mahinmi being in the rotation, semi-regularily. A new younger wing, A new younger big.

It goes both ways.

People can just look at it that one way you said if they choose to, but that's just having a limited perspective on the other scenario leading into the off-season.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
ss1986v2
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#23 » by ss1986v2 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:04 pm

i would love jeff foster as well. problem is, i cant see the pacers moving him without a piece or two coming back, and im not sure a spurs 1st + expirings is going to be enough. foster is one of their better contracts and a solid contributer. there isnt a lot of incentive to dump him, so the deal has got to be decent. just dont think the spurs have the pieces.

but right now, ive hopped off the KT bandwagon, and onto the mike miller bandwagon. i might even be ok with ian being moved in the deal, but not willing to part with splitter. its very, very improbable, but after that gasol trade, not impossible...
Stupidity Should be Painful!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#24 » by Ballings7 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:36 pm

Looking for a big man who can rebound and guard - something its own Mehmet Okur is not always inclined to do - Utah has targeted Indiana's Jeff Foster for a potential deal

NY Daily News

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Definitely would bring what they're lacking from their big man group (aside from Millsap and Collins) - defense. And of course more rebounding and hustle and size. Only thing is he's not much of a basket defender, which they'd still be lacking. Utah's rebounding would be insane.

Foster is definitely a Jazz, Sloan-type player, too.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#25 » by SD2042 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:09 am

Seems like every Western team is playing keep up with the Joneses. There will be more Western trades b4 the trade deadline passes.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#26 » by UDRIH14 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:39 am

rumor has man who plays mind games, makes you **** bricks
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#27 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:21 pm

Blame Rasho.

Return to San Antonio Spurs