Spurs @ Nuggets

Moderator: G R E Y

Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#21 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Mar 8, 2008 5:54 am

10 point game... and it seems like the tide is in Denver favor...

Udoka is f'ing up...
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#22 » by aznkillabeezZz » Sat Mar 8, 2008 5:56 am

Udoka kinda sux, why did you guys sign him.?
johnnyjohnnyjohnny
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#23 » by johnnyjohnnyjohnny » Sat Mar 8, 2008 5:59 am

Yeah, I have no idea what's up with Udoka. He is playing HORRIBLE. On the flip side, Najera is making a bid for MVP against us.
*** Having a NICE NAVY DAY ***
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#24 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Mar 8, 2008 5:59 am

Denver just seems to have wanted the game more... but it sucks that Najara beats you in reality.
manchambo
Starter
And1: 836

Post#25 » by manchambo » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:10 am

So this one's out of hand. Probably won't get like this on Sunday.

It strikes me as someone who doesn't watch the Spurs every night that this team isn't as deep as its been in years past. Seems like maybe Horry and Finley don't have too much left and maybe you miss a guy like Barry a little bit.

I wondered if you think that's accurate, or maybe Horry and Finley just aren't on tonight?
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#26 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:12 am

Well when you are losing you are old... when you are winning you are experianced... It just depends on the day. We are deep when we have Manu off the bench but sometimes they leave alot to be desired like tonight.
Illuminati
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#27 » by Illuminati » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:19 am

They were due for a loss. Good winning streak
johnnyjohnnyjohnny
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by johnnyjohnnyjohnny » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:20 am

Frankly, Horry and JV are dead weight. I don't think Damon is the ideal 2nd point for us, though it may come with time. I would prefer to see Damon get JV's court time though. JV is just AWFUL, always has been and always will be. Horry is a shell of his former self, and considering his former self was Deaven Georgish that's really not saying much.

I haven't checked the box score yet, but it just seemed like Denver pulled a D'Antoni and had the same 5 on the court the entire game and all 5 were hot especially in the 2nd half.

Oh well, congratulations to Denver, they played a heck of a game.
*** Having a NICE NAVY DAY ***
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#29 » by Ballings7 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:21 am

Good win for Denver, and especially nice pair of wins for them

Ultimately became a management game, and I'd say the BTB played a part in the play. Just enough to be a factor, but not as much as it was Denver's play.

I can't write off Horry. He's not going to give too much in the regular season, will have games here and there where he plays solid, but he just gets into shape for the playoffs. Happened later this year because of his situation with his daughter and an injury, earlier in the fall.

Vaughn's played fine, effective consistently this season. He's just not a long-range shooter. His game is basic, but he's stable in what he does on both ends, and brings hustle, toughness, and experience. This is why Pop loves him, why he's been in the rotation, and why I love him and don't overlook his contributions to this team.

Damon needs to eventually be more consistent, also might be getting things down with the system still. Maybe his legs a bit, too. Sitting out around a month.

Finley's not going to be off like he was tonight that much.
pro2020
Rookie

Post#30 » by pro2020 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:29 am

disappointing loss especially since the starters yesterday all played less than 30 minutes, seems like they got complacent having the lead at the half, a lot of ticky tacky calls (a little home cooking ;) ) in the 3rd really messed up the Spurs flow, hopefully the Spurs don't have any stupid mental lapses in Phoenix.

Nice first half, terrible 3rd Q.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by el loco » Sat Mar 8, 2008 7:16 am

Ballings7 wrote:Good win for Denver, and especially nice pair of wins for them

Ultimately became a management game, and I'd say the BTB played a part in the play. Just enough to be a factor, but not as much as it was Denver's play.

I can't write off Horry. He's not going to give too much in the regular season, will have games here and there where he plays solid, but he just gets into shape for the playoffs. Happened later this year because of his situation with his daughter and an injury, earlier in the fall.

Vaughn's played fine, effective consistently this season. He's just not a long-range shooter. His game is basic, but he's stable in what he does on both ends, and brings hustle, toughness, and experience. This is why Pop loves him, why he's been in the rotation, and why I love him and don't overlook his contributions to this team.

Damon needs to eventually be more consistent, also might be getting things down with the system still. Maybe his legs a bit, too. Sitting out around a month.

Finley's not going to be off like he was tonight that much.

Good Post. Nuggets fan. I think you also have to throw Kurt Thomas in there he is still trying to learn how to play next to Duncan. Once they Mesh a bit more on the defensive end that will be a pretty tough end of the floor for opposing teams. Plus, you will soon have BB back to give you an additional veteran option off of the bench. I think you guys have a good veteran bench.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#32 » by Ballings7 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 7:45 am

Haven't noticed much with Thomas. But naturally Kurt just coming onto the team and now in the starting line-up, there probably is something. In the way of getting some familarity.

I agree about the bench.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#33 » by SD2042 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 7:52 am

It was a bad loss for the Spurs tonight from the second half on. The Spurs had a good run while it lasted. They can start one up again. With PHX struggling the past few games. The Spurs should be able to do the neccessary things to take care of PHX and collect a win. Just play consistant on both ends and avoid hitting any long term offensive funks.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#34 » by UDRIH14 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 11:46 am

it was a loss we needed to bring us back down to earth to start playin again...

losing to a team we are meant to lose to.....LAME
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
DBMethos
Junior

Post#35 » by DBMethos » Sat Mar 8, 2008 12:43 pm

Anybody else wondering why Pop sat the Big 3 down by just 11 or 12 with 6 minutes still left to play? Probably trying to send a message, and the bench guys actually responded really well for a brief period.

Oh, and I still hate Najera.
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#36 » by Magz50 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 3:28 pm

Good win for Denver. half expected really, we really looked out of gas in the second half, plus all our usual reliable players having off nights especially finley was a big blow. JV was absolutely awful in this game and in my opinion cost us the game with his bad decisions in the 3rd that let the game get away. Ah well, revenge can be had on Monday, although it sucks it'll be another b2b game vs Denver. :roll:
Rique
Senior

Post#37 » by Rique » Sat Mar 8, 2008 5:41 pm

Spurs played very sloppy in the second half. Pop continues to mess with the rotations and his rotation shifting had something to do with the loss on this one. Gino starts teh second half on the bench with Finley on Melo and Melo has a field day with him. Finley can not guard Melo especially when he comes out on a mission to prove himself after a horrible first half.

Duncan played decently, but Najera should not have given him that much trouble. Good stats for Duncan, and a couple of vicious blocks, but he's the leader here and he wasn't dominant. He played really well, but not great. He lacked a bit of intensity. He did get hacked a bit and had no fouls called. I wasn't too happy about that.

Gino and Bowen were probably the only two guys that came with the right mindset for this game. Gino was amazing in the first half and dide well in the second. Bowen did a great job on Melo in the first half and with the switch to AI he did decent. He should have stayed on Melo, however.

Parker...never got into a rhythm. He was non aggressive and tried racking up assists when the other guys were hot in the first half...he looked a bit tired and his penetration was non-existant for this game.

Kurt...I actually liked how he played in the first half. Then he rode the bench the entire second half until garbage time. I have no idea why Pop kept him out of the game. He still has quite a bit to learn.

Ime...this was a game he should forget. He played horrible. He lost his focus, he turned the ball over 4 times including some horrible lazy passes. He played a lot of minutes this game, but he needs to get his act together.

Finley..was building a house out there, and he might need to get some aloe to help recover from how badly he was burned by Melo in the second half. Finley should never guard Melo for an extended period of time again.

Horry....aside from two decent plays...he was pathetic. Great pass inside to Timmy, but that is about it. He needs to pick up the intensity a bit, even if its still the regular season.

Vaughn...should never guard AI again. AI WANTS Vaughn to guard him. It looks like AI is playing against a middle school kid and is toyinng with him and lighting it up when Vaughn is guarding him. Vaughn is a good defender, but he doesn't stand a chance against The Answer.

Damon...he played ok...alright he was subpar actually. He still is not being teh playmaker the Spurs need him to be. I saw flashes of it in the fourth quarter when Pop took all the starters out. Damon, it seemed, that he felt more comfortable and started making some plays. Maybe it was because he didn't feel as much pressure. This was on the offensive side...on the defensive side...he's got a lot to learn. He still is slow on some rotations and he need to pick up the intensity.

Coach Pop. I don't know what he was doing in the second half. Heck even sometimes in the first half. Some of the lineups he ran were beyond me. Maybe he's still trying to see who works well together, but you gotta realize that winning games is importtant. It seems stupid to take the big 3 out with 6 minutes left, but I kinda liked that actually. Let them sit there and soak in the loss and get energized for the future. Spurs definitely lacked focus. Coach pop should not have sat Gino to start the second half.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#38 » by Ballings7 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 10:20 pm

Rique wrote:Vaughn...should never guard AI again. AI WANTS Vaughn to guard him. It looks like AI is playing against a middle school kid and is toyinng with him and lighting it up when Vaughn is guarding him. Vaughn is a good defender, but he doesn't stand a chance against The Answer.

Not tonight, but in JV's stints in the playoff series he defended effectively against him, or played good defense but AI just had the shot down.

He seized the oppurtunity with collective success in that series.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#39 » by UDRIH14 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 2:02 am

Najera is very underrated as a defender

dude can defend sg/sf/pf/c

dude hustles though, would like him on the spurs, but his contract lol....
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#40 » by Duiz » Sun Mar 9, 2008 5:35 am

We finished what you couldn't do yesterday... We led the Nuggets I think by 42 in the 3rd quarter...

Well guys, expect a tough stretch. Nuggets and Phoenix are out to get you

Return to San Antonio Spurs