SPURS GAME DAY! GAME 15: SPURS VS. CLIPPERS, 22-11-2023, 7PM (CT)

Moderator: G R E Y

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,286

Re: SPURS GAME DAY! GAME 15: SPURS VS. CLIPPERS, 22-11-2023, 7PM (CT) 

Post#61 » by G R E Y » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:11 am

ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,282

Post#62 » by imagump1313 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:36 am

G R E Y wrote:
Read on Twitter

Another example in a long line of examples pointing out that STATS DONT MEAN JACK SQUAT. Watch the game people....

And what does "pressuring the rim well" mean??? Driving and not passing just to miss a layup? LMAO

Seriously, give me the league minimum. Im not greedy. I'll pressure that rim all f-ing game long.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,286

Post#63 » by G R E Y » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:04 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Read on Twitter

Another example in a long line of examples pointing out that STATS DONT MEAN JACK SQUAT. Watch the game people....

And what does "pressuring the rim well" mean??? Driving and not passing just to miss a layup? LMAO

Seriously, give me the league minimum. Im not greedy. I'll pressure that rim all f-ing game long.

I'm a patterns junkie so when I see a consistent stat, good or bad, or when ones are missing, it stands out over time, as does a change in patterns.

So yeah I thought the shot selection and execution by Sochan were wow. Just **** wow. And I've been more patient than most but tonight I flat out loathed what I saw. There's no world in which it's ok when someone struggling to score looks off the most efficient and open scorer in favour of not only the strong side but also taking more shots than said player.

I'd pass it to you! And smirk at Sochan every time lol
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,282

Post#64 » by imagump1313 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:06 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm a patterns junkie so when I see a consistent stat, good or bad, or when ones are missing, it stands out over time, as does a change in patterns.

So yeah I thought the shot selection and execution by Sochan were wow. Just **** wow. And I've been more patient than most but tonight I flat out loathed what I saw. There's no world in which it's ok when someone struggling to score looks off the most efficient and open scorer in favour of not only the strong side but also taking more shots than said player.

I'd pass it to you! And smirk at Sochan every time lol

I understand what Pop is trying to do and in a perfect world Sochan would learn how to get us into our half court offense and make good PG decisions. But he really sucks at it. IMO its too much for him and as a result, we are not getting any of the good things he gave us last year.

I guess the question for Pop is what are we trying to do here? If we are actually really trying to win games he should be put back into the front court roamer role he had last year where he excelled and was the best player on the team many nights. The type of player he was last year would fit in perfectly with Wemby's game right now IMO.

If its been decided once and for all that Jones cant start let Johnson or Vassell do it. None of them can do any worse.

IMO if we don't want Jones to start, Vassell would be the best fit and I'll tell you why.

Kid is getting hurt all the time. ALL THE TIME. He tries to jump over people and drive and make his own shot which I admire him for, but I think it contributes to him being injured constantly. Maybe if he had more responsibility of getting the team involved he could slow down just a tiny bit and stop trying to out-athletic everyone on every possession. He has already proven last year he can handle it and not have a big drop off in his game. And if his production drops off slightly, it would be more than made up for with a functioning Sochan on the floor.

Now if we really dont care about winning games and this is all a learning experiment this year, then by all means play it out and let Sochan prove he cant handle it over the entire season. Maybe in a few months he figures some things out and this all looks different. Although we might be 8-50 by then...

Return to San Antonio Spurs