Spurs at Wiz

Moderator: G R E Y

Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Spurs at Wiz 

Post#1 » by Magz50 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:38 pm

Back to back. However i think Butler may have been injured last night so we really should win this game even without TP playing. If we cna bring the same defensive focus we showed last night we win by 10+. Just can't give up and get sloppy!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#2 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 9:08 pm

Spurs win by 8-10 pts
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Zerocious » Wed Feb 6, 2008 9:29 pm

hey guys, i'm gonna be at this game so the wiz better win. but if butler is out......good luck anyway!
Tiga
Senior
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Tiga » Thu Feb 7, 2008 12:14 am

Just started watching, I like Damon there with Ginobili...
edit: what's with the booing on Duncan?
mudyez
Analyst

Post#5 » by mudyez » Thu Feb 7, 2008 12:21 am

damon playing a perfect game so far...2/2 from3pt 3 assists...nice addition
Magz50
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Magz50 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 12:58 am

What is it with teams lighting it up from 3 against us in the first half this year?
Tiga
Senior

Post#7 » by Tiga » Thu Feb 7, 2008 1:26 am

... I switched to the Lakers game, wanted to see Pau at work.
whathuh
Freshman

Post#8 » by whathuh » Thu Feb 7, 2008 1:29 am

Finley is awful....he can't shoot
Rique
Senior

Post#9 » by Rique » Thu Feb 7, 2008 1:35 am

Finley and Ime are boh building up a new stadium out there.
whathuh
Freshman

Post#10 » by whathuh » Thu Feb 7, 2008 1:37 am

Rique wrote:Finley and Ime are boh building up a new stadium out there.

Except finely has been doing that the entire season. He has no role in this team. He's a shooter that can't shoot. I rarely see him have decent to good games
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#11 » by Ballings7 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 2:28 am

Solidly managed win there

Played well enough the first three, and from late third on - took control of the game.

Oberto, Damon, Manu (7 pts, but 10 assists, a few beauties in there too), and Tim with nice games

Chenier the Wizards color, mentioned Udoka reminded him of Rick Fox in appearance, which I didn't think was there that much. But Udoka's game and role does remind me of Fox's, generally. Can shoot out to three, big wing-player, tough, scores at the basket, and rebounds well. Rick I'd say a better passer, though.
Rique
Senior

Post#12 » by Rique » Thu Feb 7, 2008 2:28 am

Well the game is pretty much over...Gino continues to struggle in his shooting, but he did have 10 assists. It was nice to see the win. Damon shot pretty well again. The other shooters...ehh not so much.
Magz50
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Magz50 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 2:47 pm

It was a good tough win, we didn't play our best but we won again on the defensive end. Plus guys we don't usually expect to step up did, like horry,Vaughn etc. Once again Damon was solid.
pro2020
Rookie

Post#14 » by pro2020 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:27 pm

It was a back to back game so I didn't expect them to shoot a high percentage, what caught me off guard was Duncan playing 37 Minutes after playing 32 the previous night although he didn't look tired. Seems like the 4 days rest between the Phoenix game and Indiana game really refreshed Duncan, he's been the most consistent Spur for a good stretch now.
Magz50
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Magz50 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:42 pm

It's annoying how little attention Duncan is getting this season. He's playing like a madman possessed. Yet he doesn't even crack the top 10 MVP candidates. Oh well as long as we win the chip that's all i care about!
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#16 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:21 pm

that doesn't bother me anymore..I just want to win games..

the D played good, and that's all I cared about from this game..as long as the D is consistent, we'll be in every game..

I'm loving Damon Stoudamire's 3-point touch as well..

is there any way we can trade Finley? Barry is the better 3-point shooter, and now we have Damon..we don't want to get rid of Udoka or Bowen..so Finley is kind of useless to have on the team, isn't he?..when we get healthy..
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#17 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Feb 7, 2008 7:51 pm

I am surprised how well Damon is shooting the rock... he isn't like Jacque and if you leave him alone he will make you pay.

Finely has a shooting slump but last year he was killer during the playoffs. He was just unholy vs Denver. Honestly... he doesn't have much value to any teams... what can we really get for him?
Rique
Senior

Post#18 » by Rique » Thu Feb 7, 2008 7:58 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:that doesn't bother me anymore..I just want to win games..

the D played good, and that's all I cared about from this game..as long as the D is consistent, we'll be in every game..

I'm loving Damon Stoudamire's 3-point touch as well..

is there any way we can trade Finley? Barry is the better 3-point shooter, and now we have Damon..we don't want to get rid of Udoka or Bowen..so Finley is kind of useless to have on the team, isn't he?..when we get healthy..

Honestly, sometimes I feel the Spurs FO don't really push for a trade because of the respect they have for some of the players. Finley is struggling, but he did come on his own accord to play with the Spurs a couple of years ago. I remember he was looking at Miami and another team. Same with Horry. Honestly, I've been very pleased with Barry's play before he became injured. He was definitely playing smart and seemed to be making a good amount of shots. He was actually doing quite a bit of dribble penetration. It's been tough that he's been injured a bit this year. I know he's a valuable trade asset because he has a mid level salary and has the expiring contract along with being a decent player. However, as much as I'm not a fan of Artest and think he's a bit crazy, I do feel he is a pretty good player and the Spurs would be able to handle him. He would be an amazing combination with Bowen or Ime. Just think of this line-up:

Parker/Damon/Vaughn
Bowen/Ime
Gino/Barry
Artest
Duncan

Man that is a smaller lineup, but now that Phoenix has given up on the run and Gun, I think its time the Spurs come in and fill in the NBA's quota of having an awesome run and gun team, except this would be a run and gun and awesome defense team.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#19 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:08 pm

It would be ironic if we beat the Suns in the WCF this year by running and gunning... when 4 years ago we beat them by pounding the paint.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#20 » by Ballings7 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:02 pm

Rique wrote:However, as much as I'm not a fan of Artest and think he's a bit crazy, I do feel he is a pretty good player and the Spurs would be able to handle him.

Oh, he's more than pretty good :). He's one of the most unique players in the league, and that I've ever seen. Very versatile and skilled player.

I agree he'd be fine on this team, behavior-wise, and other than one incident (the situationwith his wife, which indictatively has been patched up), he's been fine with the Kings.

Rique wrote:He would be an amazing combination with Bowen or Ime. Just think of this line-up:

Parker/Damon/Vaughn
Bowen/Ime
Gino/Barry
Artest
Duncan

Man that is a smaller lineup, but now that Phoenix has given up on the run and Gun, I think its time the Spurs come in and fill in the NBA's quota of having an awesome run and gun team, except this would be a run and gun and awesome defense team.

Yeah I mentioned something like that before, in about getting Artest. Going small with Duncan and Ron up front would just be killer and fun to watch.

But I wouldn't have that as the regular line-up.

Aside from the offense, a specific element of Ron's defensive game is Ron has proven over the years he can effectively defend and stop big men. Be it for selected possiesions or for a longer amount. Depending on the big man. Impressive examples are he's defended Amare, Curry, Boozer, Rasheed, Dirk, Pau, for varying stretches, in success. Kings won all those games where that occured, too. Didn't see Ron as much with Indiana, but must of done this there, as well.

It's not like Marion where you can stick him on different types of players, but doesn't work effectively more than it does. It's been displayed over the years Ron can effectively defend multiple kinds of players. Marion's also not as strong or big as Artest.

Offensively, he's too strong and quick enough for swingmen, and against bigs, he's too quick and strong enough for them. Pretty reliable ball-handler, and is an above-average passer. Being able to pass in a number of ways, it's one of the most underrated and overlooked parts of his game.

Return to San Antonio Spurs