I'm baaaaaack but for how long?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

I'm baaaaaack but for how long? 

Post#1 » by wiff » Fri Feb 8, 2008 4:05 am

Well I just finished up with my 7 day suspension for "trolling" handed to me by global mod Tsherkin. You can find me "trolling" in this thread.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=754279

Word to the wise. "Trolling" and "Spam" are completely subjective to the powers that be at this site.

Make note that although I was suspended by Tsherkin for trolling, he does not ride a horse of anykind.

Apparently I have received a grand total of four warnings. I know this now because I emailed the site about my suspension.

They claimed that my suspension was warranted if not overdue.

Who knew???

My first warning was right after I joined and got into it with a Mod. I think I asked him if he was the thought police or something like that? Then I sent him a cartoon of Big Brother on the john. He didn't find it nearly as funny as I did. I soon came to realize that I couldn't do or say "anything" I wanted and I needed to learn restraint.

My second warning came when OSAGE was in the Seattle forum giving us his worldly opinions on Oklahoma and how they deserve the Sonics and Clay Bennett is the best owner ever.

I called OSAGE a name in one post and then in another post I simply posted a picture of a young Robert Swift and a certain convicted terrorist who happens to have ties to Oklahoma, (the two look kind of a like in the pictures) and all I said was,

"Don't say I didn't warn you".

Poor taste? Sure, you bet.

But apparently my warning was for calling the OSAGE fellow a name (which I did) and comparing him to the convicted terrorist (which I did not).

I compared Robert Swift to the convicted terrorist.

I know if a cop,
writes up the speeding ticket wrong the driver gets off the hook. Apparently that doesn't work in RealGm.

I still got stuck with the ticket.

Lastly my third warning, was for "Spam". Apparently they considered it spam when I posted a similar version of this thread in all the playoffs teams from last years forum. I figured they don't have a lottery pick why not help out the Sonics. To me this was simply an "earnest request", to the power that be this is considered spam. And they will not remove this warning from my record (which I have asked them to do).

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=651512

By the way all of you can now thank me for Durant. We may not have received the #1 pick but we got the #2 pick so it almost worked to perfection yet I wanted Durant more than Oden anyway. So essentially it did work to perfection.

Now I'd love to thank all of you for making my short trip of mouse arrest,
an enjoyable one.

It warmed my heart to see a thread with my name on it locked.

Practically brought a tear to me eye.

Now I have to say I really don't plan on getting banned but I'm not going to change the way I post either.

So I don't really know how long I'll be around, but if and when it happens I plan on going out in flames.
elbowthrower
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#2 » by elbowthrower » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:00 am

Dude, that's hilarious.

Compared to other forums I visit, the mods here can be pretty thin-skinned.

Welcome back and keep doing what you're doing.
Troy McClure
Banned User
And1: 46

Post#3 » by Troy McClure » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:30 am

eh..Wiff...It's never good to call out Mods...or even remotely question them.
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#4 » by yearsago » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:57 am

emraldchild wrote:eh..Wiff...It's never good to call out Mods...or even remotely question them.

Eh. Seriouslly? Its the internet, who cares.
Troy McClure
Banned User
And1: 46

Post#5 » by Troy McClure » Fri Feb 8, 2008 7:41 am

No, dude. This is the mans forum. Not the peoples..it's the man's
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,983

Post#6 » by Dick Tate » Fri Feb 8, 2008 8:33 am

Sorry I got the thread locked, Wiffler. Apparently, Sweezo didn't care for my suggestion of what a Global Moderator could do with a broomstick.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Fri Feb 8, 2008 10:15 am

Yeah...it's not nearly as dramatic or interesting as anyone's trying to make it out to be. Someone was having a discussion with a mod, and then when someone apparently couldn't convince the other of his side of the argument...he called him a jerk and decided to make it seem as if his being a global mod was relevant to the disagreement. Gee, way to stick it to the man...

If you have a complaint, this really isn't the place to lodge it. If you want to know what the proper response is, you could also ask me via PM. Kinda works better than posting a thread about it.

emraldchild wrote:eh..Wiff...It's never good to call out Mods...or even remotely question them.

Depends on the mod. If you ask a mod privately, you typically have a much better chance at getting decent response than if you berate them in front of everyone else. But too often people take every action a mod does as a reason to be confrontational, as if we have some evil scheme we're implementing.

Hey, how about a quick show of hands by posters on here who have really run afoul of me (aka the moderator)? Yeah, that's what I thought...

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball