When OKC Goes To Portland

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

AB_21
Analyst
And1: 23

When OKC Goes To Portland 

Post#1 » by AB_21 » Thu Oct 2, 2008 12:48 am

First and foremost, I feel for you guys a lot. I've always liked the Sonics a lot (behind the Raptors) and have been a big supporter. I've been to one of your home games and to make a long story short the experience was unreal compared to Raptors games.

Anyway, my question is, when OKC goes to Portland I'm assuming some Seattle fans will go to see the game to see the players and I'm just wondering what kind of reaction you boo the Thunder, start a "Bennett Sucks" chant (or some variation of one) or cheer on the players. Just curious.

I'm praying for an NBA franchise to come back to Seattle--you guys deserve it.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Re: When OKC Goes To Portland 

Post#2 » by Dick Tate » Thu Oct 2, 2008 1:04 am

LarBrd33?
(jk)
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#3 » by jenn_gp » Thu Oct 2, 2008 6:16 am

Don't lump me in with the crowd that will actually give their money to the NBA. Even if I did go, I wouldn't go to boo the players, they did nothing wrong.

At this point, I have zero interest in going to the first OKC/Blazer game, let alone watch it on TV anyways. I sure as hell wouldn't pay just so I could go yell "Bennett sucks."
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by bennith13 » Thu Oct 2, 2008 4:00 pm

I wont go. I have grown so numb of the NBA. At this point I am just waiting for the college and high school basketball seasons.

I am sure that some Sonics fans will go to that game though.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Thu Oct 2, 2008 8:46 pm

bennith13 wrote:I wont go. I have grown so numb of the NBA. At this point I am just waiting for the college and high school basketball seasons.

I am sure that some Sonics fans will go to that game though.

I feel exactly. I don't know if I hate the NBA so much as I just don't care about it anymore. It was a nice hobby. Hobby's gone now.
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#6 » by BlazertheGreek » Thu Oct 2, 2008 9:16 pm

No disrespect to anyone here but if you guys don't care about the NBA, and have absolutely no interest, than why do you still come to this board...it is NBA related. Just curious, not trying to be a smarta$$.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Thu Oct 2, 2008 11:32 pm

BlazertheGreek wrote:No disrespect to anyone here

Behold. A phrase almost exclusively preceding a statement which will, in fact, come across as disrespectful...

BlazertheGreek wrote: but if you guys don't care about the NBA, and have absolutely no interest, than why do you still come to this board...it is NBA related. Just curious, not trying to be a smarta$$.

Perhaps the answer lies in clues such as the thread about Fantasy Basketball where fans who've gotten to know each other quite well are trying to figure out ways to stay in contact with each other?
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#8 » by BenjaminH » Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:51 am

I still care about the NBA, but I probably won't follow it as closely this year. (Just close enough to remain undefeated in Fantasy Basketball, I hope ...)
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,682

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Thu Oct 9, 2008 5:47 am

BlazertheGreek wrote:No disrespect to anyone here but if you guys don't care about the NBA, and have absolutely no interest, than why do you still come to this board...it is NBA related. Just curious, not trying to be a smarta$$.

I'm pretty sure if the Blazers left Portland, fans would be so disgusted that they'd quit watching the NBA altogether as well. When the team you come to love no longer exists, I'd assume it becomes nearly impossible to have any interest for the NBA.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by bennith13 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 10:10 pm

I come here more so to go to the mariners and seahawks boards now. I come here to check in with whats being said and make and also because for last seven or so years I have had a good time talking sports with the people on here.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by BenjaminH » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:30 am

You should join our Fantasy Basketball league.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by bennith13 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Are there still spots open?
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by BenjaminH » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Yes. We're actively looking for more Sonics fans. It's Yahoo. The league ID# is 49142 and the Password is Seattle. We're also discussing things like stat categories, roster size, etc. in the other thread.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball