Welcome Back

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,701

Re: Welcome Back 

Post#41 » by Howard Mass » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 am

It is a shame when a City loses a team but it would be great to move this forum back to the NBA section.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Post#42 » by Det the Threat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Yes, looks like we could be back soon.

First thing we've got to do is sign Luke Ridnour and Earl Watson so we can debate about who's better suited as the starter... :lol:
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#43 » by Sweezo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:03 am

Det the Threat wrote:Yes, looks like we could be back soon.

First thing we've got to do is sign Luke Ridnour and Earl Watson so we can debate about who's better suited as the starter... :lol:

Hell they could sign Flip Murray to be the starting SG and I'd be fine it with so long as the Sonics are back.

I'm so happy with the decision made by the City Council, and with the patient game plan used by Chris Hansen. There were several times where I thought this thing might fall apart but he did a great job of taking his time and making things work,
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#44 » by bennith13 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:55 am

Anyone go get a beer Chris Hansen was buying people to celebrate at F.X. McRory's? Pretty exciting. I hope the new ownership group can get to work getting us a team sooner rather than later.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#45 » by jenn_gp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Hey guys!!!!! :). Missed you all!

I missed the event yesterday...wish I would have been able to make it.

I was ready to buy my season tickets the day Chris csme out with his original MOU. We just have to wait a little over a week to get this thing approved by the city. Sally Bagshaw was on with Softy this morning saying there is no doubt in her mind this will pass since it went 7-0 with one abstain (I'm pointing my finger at YOU Nick Licata!!!).
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Post#46 » by Det the Threat » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:28 pm

jenn_gp wrote:Hey guys!!!!! :). Missed you all!

I missed the event yesterday...wish I would have been able to make it.

I was ready to buy my season tickets the day Chris csme out with his original MOU. We just have to wait a little over a week to get this thing approved by the city. Sally Bagshaw was on with Softy this morning saying there is no doubt in her mind this will pass since it went 7-0 with one abstain (I'm pointing my finger at YOU Nick Licata!!!).

Yeah but if I understand Brian correctly he's also not doing anything against it, which helps as well.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#47 » by jenn_gp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:40 pm

^ True!
After Brian explained that on Sonicscentral I definately saw his point of view on Licata's wish to abstain. However, I feel if he wants to "right a wrong" that HE made before the Supes left, he should be willing to show the public he supports this arena plan. Or if he doesn't vote no. He just looks like a coward to me by not voting at all. Maybe next time when it counts will be a different story, we'll see.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball