Seattle SuperSonics board moving!

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Seattle SuperSonics board moving! 

Post#1 » by bennith13 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 am

Just so no one here gets confused looking for this board, sometime between tomorrow and the end of the weekend this board will go back to the general talk selections along with all the other boards. While it has been fun having our own little hidden board, IMO it was much more fun to talk to all of you when we actually had basketball to talk about and this board was in the general population. I for one cannot wait to see and hear from all of the people from the old days as well as meet some new Sonics fans that have been posting on here without a board home. Officially from me, Sweezo, and our other long lost mod;) Welcome back!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,704

Re: Seattle SuperSonics board moving! 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 am

The forum will be located in the General NBA Talk Section between our Player Comparisons and Statistical Analysis forums.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#3 » by jenn_gp » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Great! Can't wait to see it moved!
andreaguiar
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#4 » by andreaguiar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Sweezo, bennith, jenn, don't know if you remember me from the Ol' days. I've been away since the Sonics turned into OKC Thunder. VERY happy we are getting back here. Hope talk to you all soon.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Post#5 » by Det the Threat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:56 pm

andreaguiar wrote:Sweezo, bennith, jenn, don't know if you remember me from the Ol' days. I've been away since the Sonics turned into OKC Thunder. VERY happy we are getting back here. Hope talk to you all soon.

Hey, the Brazilian dude is still lurking around here? :P

I really hope it works out for us as well(even though it would suck for SAC) and looking forward to hopefully talk Sonics hoops again...
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:22 am

andreaguiar wrote:Sweezo, bennith, jenn, don't know if you remember me from the Ol' days. I've been away since the Sonics turned into OKC Thunder. VERY happy we are getting back here. Hope talk to you all soon.

Of course you're remembered. Good to have you back!
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#7 » by bennith13 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 am

Yeah, I remember everyone and I can't wait for the old people start coming back here so we can talk about some hoops!
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#8 » by branny » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 am

Oh I didn't see the PC board so I thought it was moved out for this one :lol:
Sasaki
Veteran
And1: 781

Post#9 » by Sasaki » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:56 am

Huh, so has it been finalized?

WhamBamSlam isn't going to be happy :lol:
But do you know what they call a fool, who's full of himself and jumps into the path of death because it's cool?
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Det the Threat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Sasaki wrote:Huh, so has it been finalized?

WhamBamSlam isn't going to be happy :lol:

Nope.
The BOG meeting and vote will be on April 18th.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#11 » by andreaguiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Det the Threat wrote:

Hey, the Brazilian dude is still lurking around here? :P

I really hope it works out for us as well(even though it would suck for SAC) and looking forward to hopefully talk Sonics hoops again...

What can I say Det?You even remembered my nationality :lol: Unbelievable. Hope we can keep our old jersey. Don't wanna see a "structured" jersey (like the Winnipeg Jets, they let the old cool jersey's go). Anyway, is it a finalized deal?
I am so out of date...don't know the current players that well anymore.
Good to see you all.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#12 » by andreaguiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:59 pm

bennith13 wrote:Yeah, I remember everyone and I can't wait for the old people start coming back here so we can talk about some hoops!

Nice bennith! We'll keep in touch for sure.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#13 » by andreaguiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Sweezo wrote:

Of course you're remembered. Good to have you back!

Thanks Sweezo! Let's hope for better days. btw, who's the best player for the Kings and their starting lineup. I'll have to catch up...I'm outdated.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Det the Threat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm

andreaguiar wrote:
What can I say Det?You even remembered my nationality :lol: Unbelievable. Hope we can keep our old jersey. Don't wanna see a "structured" jersey (like the Winnipeg Jets, they let the old cool jersey's go). Anyway, is it a finalized deal?
Good to see you all.

Nope, there's nothing finalized.

There's a binding agreement to sell the team to Hansen/Ballmer and the Maloofs have filed for relocation on their behalf.
They made that once those $30 mil(relocation fee?) they gave to them became non refundable.

Sacramento Major Kevin Johnson(the former Phoenix Sun) is trying to get together a plan for an arena and buyers and has till March 1st to do so.

On April 18th the BOG(owners) meets and will vote on both the relocation and sale of the franchise.

andreaguiar wrote:
Thanks Sweezo! Let's hope for better days. btw, who's the best player for the Kings and their starting lineup. I'll have to catch up...I'm outdated.

The best player is power forward/center DeMarcus Cousins. A really talened guy who can dominate games, but isn't able to keep his emotions in check as he's collecting technicals left and right.
He's also not really using all his talents and therefore some are even comparing him to Derrick Coleman in those regards.

Then there's former ROY Tyreke Evans, who's regressed since coming into the league and some talented/solid guys like Thomas Robinson(PF) or Jason Thompson.

Other than that, the team's pretty much a mess(haven't been to the playofs for quite some time) and in need of a complete rebuild.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#15 » by andreaguiar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Det the Threat wrote:
andreaguiar wrote:
Good to see you all.

Nope, there's nothing finalized.

There's a binding agreement to sell the team to Hansen/Ballmer and the Maloofs have filed for relocation on their behalf.
They made that once those $30 mil(relocation fee?) they gave to them became non refundable.

Sacramento Major Kevin Johnson(the former Phoenix Sun) is trying to get together a plan for an arena and buyers and has till March 1st to do so.

On April 18th the BOG(owners) meets and will vote on both the relocation and sale of the franchise.

andreaguiar wrote:

The best player is power forward/center DeMarcus Cousins. A really talened guy who can dominate games, but isn't able to keep his emotions in check as he's collecting technicals left and right.
He's also not really using all his talents and therefore some are even comparing him to Derrick Coleman in those regards.

Then there's former ROY Tyreke Evans, who's regressed since coming into the league and some talented/solid guys like Thomas Robinson(PF) or Jason Thompson.

Other than that, the team's pretty much a mess(haven't been to the playofs for quite some time) and in need of a complete rebuild.

What about that guy Fredette? Bust? At least we have good players up front, something we lacked for years since Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker (should I mention him?) departed. Wilcox/Potapenko/Booth/Drobnjak/Radmanovic(at times) weren't getting it done.

We have to get this deal done..It would mean A LOT to the league and city of Seattle
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Det the Threat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:02 pm

andreaguiar wrote:
What about that guy Fredette? Bust? At least we have good players up front, something we lacked for years since Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker (should I mention him?) departed. Wilcox/Potapenko/Booth/Drobnjak/Radmanovic(at times) weren't getting it done.

We have to get this deal done..It would mean A LOT to the league and city of Seattle

1) Fredette can't play defense at all(his footwork and speed is just awful) and will get stripped off the ball everytime he tries to dribble it.
He can shoot, but he's not even all that good(so far) at it since coming into the league.

They could've gotten Klay Thompson(Warriors starting SG) with that pick but instead wasted it on a bench player(if he's fullfilling his potential) in Fredette.

2) We can't do anything at all.
We, the fans, have shown that we want a team back and are still talking about it, even five years after the Sonics left.
Our guys, Hansen/Balllmer, have done everything needed so far in reaching that agreement with the Maloofs, working with the politicians of Seattle, spending quite some money(could be something around $1 billion, if it works out) and doing all the steps needed with that new arena.

Right now the only thing we can do is wait for the other owners to sign off on the sale and relocation of the Kings franchise.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#17 » by jenn_gp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 am

Hey Andre, we could never forget you. Drop the Thunder and come back to the light my friend!
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#18 » by OzSonic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 am

I remember most of the regulars on here. Good to see them still hanging around. :D
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#19 » by andreaguiar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 pm

jenn_gp wrote:

Hey Andre, we could never forget you. Drop the Thunder and come back to the light my friend!

Hey Jenn! :) Can't wait to see the decision about the move. I'll be around checking out the board!
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#20 » by andreaguiar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 pm

OzSonic wrote:I remember most of the regulars on here. Good to see them still hanging around. :D

I remember you Oz!Glad to see most of you are around. Just shows the passion for the game and our Sonics :)

Where's sonictecture at?I guess he turned into a OKC fan :)

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball