Seattle SuperSonics board moving!

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

andreaguiar
Head Coach
And1: 2

Re: Seattle SuperSonics board moving! 

Post#21 » by andreaguiar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Det the Threat wrote:
andreaguiar wrote:
What about that guy Fredette? Bust? At least we have good players up front, something we lacked for years since Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker (should I mention him?) departed. Wilcox/Potapenko/Booth/Drobnjak/Radmanovic(at times) weren't getting it done.

We have to get this deal done..It would mean A LOT to the league and city of Seattle

1) Fredette can't play defense at all(his footwork and speed is just awful) and will get stripped off the ball everytime he tries to dribble it.
He can shoot, but he's not even all that good(so far) at it since coming into the league.

They could've gotten Klay Thompson(Warriors starting SG) with that pick but instead wasted it on a bench player(if he's fullfilling his potential) in Fredette.

2) We can't do anything at all.
We, the fans, have shown that we want a team back and are still talking about it, even five years after the Sonics left.
Our guys, Hansen/Balllmer, have done everything needed so far in reaching that agreement with the Maloofs, working with the politicians of Seattle, spending quite some money(could be something around $1 billion, if it works out) and doing all the steps needed with that new arena.

Right now the only thing we can do is wait for the other owners to sign off on the sale and relocation of the Kings franchise.

Nice takes Det. I remembered you were the guy from Germany that said Peter Fehse was a nice pick up :) ...obviously I am jkg :lol: Have you ever seen this kid play?Did he pan out?
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#22 » by TwentyOne920 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Det the Threat wrote:
andreaguiar wrote:
What about that guy Fredette? Bust? At least we have good players up front, something we lacked for years since Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker (should I mention him?) departed. Wilcox/Potapenko/Booth/Drobnjak/Radmanovic(at times) weren't getting it done.

We have to get this deal done..It would mean A LOT to the league and city of Seattle

1) Fredette can't play defense at all(his footwork and speed is just awful) and will get stripped off the ball everytime he tries to dribble it.
He can shoot, but he's not even all that good(so far) at it since coming into the league.

They could've gotten Klay Thompson(Warriors starting SG) with that pick but instead wasted it on a bench player(if he's fullfilling his potential) in Fredette.

2) We can't do anything at all.
We, the fans, have shown that we want a team back and are still talking about it, even five years after the Sonics left.
Our guys, Hansen/Balllmer, have done everything needed so far in reaching that agreement with the Maloofs, working with the politicians of Seattle, spending quite some money(could be something around $1 billion, if it works out) and doing all the steps needed with that new arena.

Right now the only thing we can do is wait for the other owners to sign off on the sale and relocation of the Kings franchise.

Didn't know Jimmer was a white, smaller Gary Neal.

:lol:
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Post#23 » by Det the Threat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:25 pm

andreaguiar wrote:
Nice takes Det. I remembered you were the guy from Germany that said Peter Fehse was a nice pick up :) ...obviously I am jkg :lol: Have you ever seen this kid play?Did he pan out?

:o

No, Fehse lasted about two more years at the German Basketball Bundesliga and wasn't seen anymore.
He was a total bust, even in Germany. :lol:

Anyways, I remember us talking about some dude(Kahe) that my club bought from Brasil.
He was also a total bust and was more known for eating "Bienenstich" instead of doing anything on the pitch. :rofl:

TwentyOne920 wrote:
Didn't know Jimmer was a white, smaller Gary Neal.

:lol:

Well, Neal's at least able to hit a jumper when needed.
yearsago
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by yearsago » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 am

I was so confused...went looking at mariners baseball. Glad to make it back to the main board
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
splifton
Freshman
And1: 3

Revenge and Redeption 

Post#25 » by splifton » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 am

I openly wept tonight when I saw this board was back up and running... Not to say it really went anywhere but I could not bring myself to embrace anything to do with the NBA. The last hour reading all those old post from five years ago reminded me of what I've truly lost while giving me optimism for posting here someday in the future.

Ironic that for five years I lurked on this board sparingly posting yet feeling a kinship that was always near and dear to me...I never realized that until this board was taken from me. Once it was gone, I drifted rudderless through the sports landscapes. I swore my revenge... avoiding all things Howard Schultz/NBA/and even REALGM...

It is said:
Revenge is never a straight line... It is a forest...and like a forest...it is easy to lose your way...to get lost..to forget where you came in...or where to get out....

A few days before the MOU was released...I was walking in to get lunch with my old man at little known place off the beaten path in a town that most on this board have probably never heard of when I look up at the only other people in the place and see an extremely lanky black guy trying to squeeze/sit comfortably into a booth across the way. I recognized the style right away but had a hard time placing the face...within seconds it hit me that Bill Russel was sitting across from me and my old man..

Needless to say it was difficult avoid the NBA at that moment or the moments that followed lunch. Shortly there after I got back to my office still conflicted about how the NBA was trying to creep slowly back into my collective conscience. I would have my revenge. I will never give the NBA or its constituents a dime of my money...who cares that I met one of the 50 greatest players and arguably the best rebounding defender of all time....I spend the next hour wondering aimlessly through that internal forest of revenge and I had convinced myself that this was just a coincidence and not to think much about it... Here is where fate steps in though...I got back to my office after I processed the lunches events and I had a message on my voicemail from none other than Sweezo. Now Sweezo and I cross paths professionally every now and again...(Side note before I had ever met him in person and to this day I STILL can't imagined his face as anything more than that f**king Avatar of the Sheep.I find it very disturbing that I think a sheep is going to come out of nowhere and attack...Just BOOM or BAAHHH if you will..I seriously look over my shoulder expecting a sheep head to pop out everytime we cross paths.but I digress)

Anyway, before I ramble on much further It was on that day that I realized that I am lost in the forest of revenge. I welled up a few days later when I sat down and read the section in the MOU where the team would be known again as "The Seattle SuperSonics". That was it for me that is what I needed to hear. I am back on this board...I'm all in moving forward BUT I will not allow myself to post again on this board until after the events of April 19th.

Until that day comes I say:
I don't always watch NBA, but when I do...IT IS SUPERSONICS BASKETBALL!!!
Stay Faithful My Friends..

-Splifton
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#26 » by andreaguiar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

yearsago wrote:I was so confused...went looking at mariners baseball. Glad to make it back to the main board

I was so mad that I just abandoned the whole city. Couldn't watch NBA anymore nor MLB. :noway: Just followed the Penguins and Steelers.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Revenge and Redeption 

Post#27 » by Sweezo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 am

I remember the Bill Russell story, and how grossly jealous I was of that happening.

And even if it scares the everloving poop out of people, I'll probably never change the 'sheep' avatar. As a huge Arrested Development fan who was pissed off when the series was cancelled, I'm shocked and thrilled that Season 4 of AD will be airing on Netflix will be available in May. If AD can rise ashes thanks to a groundswell of support from the fans, so can the Supes!
Freshman

Re: Revenge and Redeption 

Post#28 » by 206 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:52 am

Sweezo wrote:I remember the Bill Russell story, and how grossly jealous I was of that happening.

And even if it scares the everloving poop out of people, I'll probably never change the 'sheep' avatar. As a huge Arrested Development fan who was pissed off when the series was cancelled, I'm shocked and thrilled that Season 4 of AD will be airing on Netflix will be available in May. If AD can rise ashes thanks to a groundswell of support from the fans, so can the Supes!

Really a lot of meaning in that avatar of yours. Two things coming out of left field within six months.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball