Vancouver Hornets anyone?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

S0yb3anB0y
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Vancouver Hornets anyone? 

Post#1 » by S0yb3anB0y » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:05 pm

I hope David Stern gets smack upside his had so hard that it will initiate him to grow a brain. Keep the Sonics in Seattle and move the New Orlean Hornets to Vancouver. Vancouver is prabably the top 5 biggest city in the Country of Canada and they deserve another try at the NBA.

Of course there would be a realignment in the Northwest division.
Sonics3408
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Sonics3408 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:42 pm

Vancouver is the 3rd largest, but not sure how moving the Hornets there would help the Sonics situation (if that's what you are implying).
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,115

Post#3 » by bstein14 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:20 am

How far away is Vancouver from Seattle?

Is there any chance the Arena could be built north of Seattle (where I"m sure land and construction would be much cheaper), making it more accessible to fans of Vancouver.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,275

Post#4 » by Hoops23 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:43 pm

I think its not Stern who wants to move the Sonics but the owner.

In terms of the Hornets moving out of New Orleans, I think their 1st choice is Oklahoma but the Seattle owner has a strong desire to move his team there and looks like the NBA will grant it.

If I were a Seattle fan, I prefer the Hornets to move in Seattle than in Vancouver. At least we will have a basketball team instead of nothing. But of course the 1st choice is for the Sonics to stay but the problem is the owner.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Re: Vancouver Hornets anyone? 

Post#5 » by Joel Embust » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:12 pm

I don't think it has any effect on the Seattle situation. Clay wants the Sonics in OklaCity, whether the Hornets play in New Orleans or in Vancouver.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#6 » by jenn_gp » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:57 pm

It really is a shame we can't somehow get Clay and George Shinn to swap teams. That way Clay can get what he wants, and we get to keep our team and bonus...not have to deal with him and look at his ugly, arrogant, and conniving @ss. Plus, the people of OKC like the Hornets anyways...not that I really care what's best for them.

Yes I know George Shinn is the equivilent and has been worse than Clay Bennett at times, but right now I'm thinking he's the lesser of two evils.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball