OT: General OT Thread

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Re: OT: General OT Thread 

Post#181 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 pm

jenn_gp wrote:This forum is in no way affiliated with the OKC forum, and I think the people in the OKC forum agree.

Take a look at your team page and get back to me on that one...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#182 » by jenn_gp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:32 pm

I am not going to argue with you. I've been a member of this forum for over 5 years, I know what this place is all about. You take one sentence of mine and reply to it?

If you had read any further than that, you would have read that the name Supersonics stays in Seattle. It's not like the OKC team name is going to be the Sonics, get a clue.

Whether you believe it or not, this and the OKC forum are separate and both sides prefer it that way. We both have a zero tolerance policy against each other to prove that.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#183 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:50 pm

jenn_gp wrote:I am not going to argue with you. I've been a member of this forum for over 5 years, I know what this place is all about. You take one sentence of mine and reply to it?

If you had read any further than that, you would have read that the name Supersonics stays in Seattle. It's not like the OKC team name is going to be the Sonics, get a clue.

Whether you believe it or not, this and the OKC forum are separate and both sides prefer it that way. We both have a zero tolerance policy against each other to prove that.

I read your entire response (and the ones before it), but unfortunately you did not do the same. If you did, we would not be having this discussion. No one is debating that this forum is about the Seattle Supersonics or that the OKC Thunder is a separate entity with it's own forum. There is no OKC team page. If you click on the Seattle Supersonics team page, you get to a page which, for all intents and purposes, IS the OKC team page (go look at it). If you click on the link for the 'Latest OKC Discussions', you end up here. It's misleading and needs to be fixed. What is so difficult to understand? Honestly...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#184 » by jenn_gp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:57 pm

^But I am talking about the original news article you linked to us in your thread bango.

That had nothing to do with the Sonics...and said OKC in the heading/story. Based off that alone, it's not that hard to figure out where to post current trades.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#185 » by Sweezo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:59 am

bango_the_buck wrote:
I read your entire response (and the ones before it), but unfortunately you did not do the same. If you did, we would not be having this discussion. No one is debating that this forum is about the Seattle Supersonics or that the OKC Thunder is a separate entity with it's own forum. There is no OKC team page. If you click on the Seattle Supersonics team page, you get to a page which, for all intents and purposes, IS the OKC team page (go look at it). If you click on the link for the 'Latest OKC Discussions', you end up here. It's misleading and needs to be fixed. What is so difficult to understand? Honestly...

And by now, you've certainly figured out this isn't the OKC board, correct? So by all means, keep complaining about it...

EDIT: Look, I even brought the issue up on the board where these issues are supposed to be brought it. Feel free to lodge your complaint there.
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#186 » by mbucks22 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:53 am

Sure are a touchy bunch here. Even think of mentioning "OKC" and you get called an idiot or have someone say "it's not that hard to figure out" (which is basically being called an idiot). Don't jump all over outside posters for a mistake that this site made.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#187 » by jenn_gp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 pm

So....for those of you who are going to sign up for the Fanasty Football League, just a heads up, don't pick Bobby Engram. He's out 6-8 weeks with a cracked shoulder. This sucks, he is one of my favorite players. I think we are in trouble to start the season, we don't have DJ Hackett anymore, so who is going to fill the gap for Engram for a few weeks?

Also, in a separate note, who has been watching the Olympics? Did anyone happen to catch the Men's Swimming 4 100m relay Sunday night? That finish was unbelievable, we took home the gold. The Frenchies were talking trash before the competition, saying they came to the Olympics to smash us. We got the last laugh, and Phelps got his 6th gold medal of his career, on pace to break the all-time record this year.
TheUrbanZealot
Junior
And1: 4

Post#188 » by TheUrbanZealot » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:12 am

so how extreme can i talk on this thing? I mean do I have to keep it PG rated?
derriko
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#189 » by derriko » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:06 am

x rated, you might just be banned though lol
IsiahThomasJr
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#190 » by IsiahThomasJr » Mon Sep 1, 2008 3:44 am

So will this forum be extinct by opening night?
"It's so crazy it just might work." - Isiah Thomas
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#191 » by BenjaminH » Sat Sep 6, 2008 9:27 pm

I think we should leave this board open for a while, at least for the start of the season, to see if discussion picks up.
Walter Ray
Ballboy

Post#192 » by Walter Ray » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:33 am

I'm a newbie around here, and wanted to say hello to all fellow Soncis fans. It's really sad to see our beloved team leaving the town. I hope, we witness the bloom of basketball in Seattle once again in the near future.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#193 » by wiff » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Walter Ray wrote:I'm a newbie around here, and wanted to say hello to all fellow Soncis fans. It's really sad to see our beloved team leaving the town. I hope, we witness the bloom of basketball in Seattle once again in the near future.

Any chance this guy is LarrBrd33?
TheUrbanZealot
Junior
And1: 4

Post#194 » by TheUrbanZealot » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:47 am

wiff wrote:
Walter Ray wrote:I'm a newbie around here, and wanted to say hello to all fellow Soncis fans. It's really sad to see our beloved team leaving the town. I hope, we witness the bloom of basketball in Seattle once again in the near future.

Does it really matter? I mean seriously...

If the guy's life is that sad that he has to keep putting up fake names, who cares? The more you pay attention to him, the more he's going to keep doing it...
Walter Ray
Ballboy

Post#195 » by Walter Ray » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 am

TheUrbanZealot wrote:
wiff wrote:

Does it really matter? I mean seriously...

If the guy's life is that sad that he has to keep putting up fake names, who cares? The more you pay attention to him, the more he's going to keep doing it...

LarrBrd33? well no I am not that person, nor have any idea who that might be. I accidentally came across this forum decided to sign-up. So I don't have a clue what are you talking about. I'm a true Sonics fan and have been one for ages. Ray Allen is my idol... so that's why I chose this particular nick.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:33 am

Holy s**t...are there any UW students that post on here? Were you guys around the man who lit himself on fire? I just now saw that story and I can barely believe it's real.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#197 » by jenn_gp » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:31 pm

I didn't hear about that! Yikes. I'm not a UW student..
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#198 » by anorexorcism » Thu Apr 9, 2009 2:14 pm

wanted to test and see if your forum still worked. it's a shame that they moved the sonics board under the baseball banner, under the mariners. but at least it's still there.

RIP Webster was what I stopped by to say.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball