Durant on Clay Bennett: "That fat mother******"

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Troy McClure
Banned User
And1: 46

Post#21 » by Troy McClure » Wed May 21, 2008 6:11 am

BenjaminH wrote:Kevin Durant would do well to watch his potty-mouth. We don't want him to turn out like Kevin Garnett, that is, Garnett before Ray Allen asked him to watch his potty-mouth last summer. Yet, Durant is still young and I expect him to mature in time. I am confident that he will represent us well tonight.

Lol. He doesn't have to watch his anything. He's an adult so is Garnett. If they want to curse like idiots on the court they should.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#22 » by BenjaminH » Wed May 21, 2008 6:37 am

Perhaps the term "potty-mouth" was not the best choice because it sounds like something you would say to a child. But, adults shouldn't use foul language either. Again, I don't think Durant has a problem; it is just a bad habit he'll grow out of. A little bit of foul language is understandable, but Garnett used to have a real problem in Minnesota. Whenever he would block a shot he would shout "get that [fecal matter] out of here!" He really should have received more technical fouls. On top of that, he talks as much as any player. A lot of it is encouragement, which is good, but a lot of it is also derision. Not only is foul language distasteful, low-class and immature, it is also symptomatic of a lack of discipline. There was a story last summer that Ray Allen asked Garnett to watch his potty-mouth. Allen has always been a consummate professional and very disciplined. I think he compliments Garnett very well. You will notice that Garnett still talks a lot. He may even get excited when he blocks a shot, but he will not shout obscenities. I think that playing alongside disciplined superstars like Allen and Pierce has been really good for Garnett.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#23 » by bennith13 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:48 am

If there was ever a reason to justify using bad language KD found it. Calling Clay what he is is fine by me.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#24 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Wed May 21, 2008 7:35 pm

BenjaminH wrote:Perhaps the term "potty-mouth" was not the best choice because it sounds like something you would say to a child. But, adults shouldn't use foul language either. Again, I don't think Durant has a problem; it is just a bad habit he'll grow out of. A little bit of foul language is understandable, but Garnett used to have a real problem in Minnesota. Whenever he would block a shot he would shout "get that [fecal matter] out of here!" He really should have received more technical fouls. On top of that, he talks as much as any player. A lot of it is encouragement, which is good, but a lot of it is also derision. Not only is foul language distasteful, low-class and immature, it is also symptomatic of a lack of discipline. There was a story last summer that Ray Allen asked Garnett to watch his potty-mouth. Allen has always been a consummate professional and very disciplined. I think he compliments Garnett very well. You will notice that Garnett still talks a lot. He may even get excited when he blocks a shot, but he will not shout obscenities. I think that playing alongside disciplined superstars like Allen and Pierce has been really good for Garnett.

lol @ paul pierce=disciplined superstar
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#25 » by BenjaminH » Wed May 21, 2008 7:38 pm

You may be right about Pierce. But as far as personalities go, Allen has really been a nice compliment. He has tempered Garnett's immaturity, which, I think, has helped focus his passion for the game.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball