The Trial/City Rolls Over Thread

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Re: The Trial/City Rolls Over Thread 

Post#201 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:36 am

4ho5ive wrote:Really terrible news. Im a Wolves fan that has watched most of this since the beginning and I have pulled for the Sonics to keep the team here. It has been a mockery, no, a travesty, no, words cannot describe the injustice done here. Stern sat back and let this happen, I cant imagine would it would feel like to lose my team, I dont even live in MInnesota!. Sad sad day. My condolences go out to you and your fellow fans. This is the worst.

Correction on this: Stern engineered it.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,933

Post#202 » by SOUL » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:38 am

kombayn wrote:I think that the Memphis Grizzlies or the Orlando Magic are the two teams to move. Charlotte just moved, so I think it's out of the question and the political turmoil a New Orleans Hornets would cause. So I suspect in the end the Grizzlies will be the ones to move to Seattle to restart the Sonics franchise. Honestly, that's the team Bennett should have bought in the first place.

Uh why? We're building a new arena.

Anyways, this really bites.. knew it would happened but thought maybe people would have a change of heart.. :(
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#203 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:39 am

kombayn wrote:I think that the Memphis Grizzlies or the Orlando Magic are the two teams to move. Charlotte just moved, so I think it's out of the question and the political turmoil a New Orleans Hornets would cause. So I suspect in the end the Grizzlies will be the ones to move to Seattle to restart the Sonics franchise. Honestly, that's the team Bennett should have bought in the first place.

I don't want to take another city's team away from them. That whole process is sordid, underhanded bull****.
Ghosten
Junior
And1: 0

Post#204 » by Ghosten » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:45 am

Sorry Sonic fans, this is BS.

I'm going to miss the I-5 rivalry.

Someday, years from now when you are done being pissed off at the NBA, feel free to root for Portland.

We got more guys from Seattle than the Sonics did anyways.
:party:
The Laker Kid wrote:I think Posey is better than Wade.. even when he was in Miami

:rofl2:
mcmasterballer1
Banned User

Post#205 » by mcmasterballer1 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:45 am

WOW david sterns SUCH a jackass and along with clay bennett... wow this has TARNISHED his reputation for me and i hope next year when sterns in an nba arena somewhere people start chanting SELL OUT
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#206 » by hsb » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:46 am

Damn, not right.

Make sure you guys fight for whats right. The people running Seattle should suffer the consequences for bending over to Stern and his boys.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#207 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:46 am

Sweezo wrote:

I don't want to take another city's team away from them. That whole process is sordid, underhanded bull**** .

Not even if Paul Allen decided to move his Blazers up to his home city of Seattle? LOL

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
fivas14
Banned User

Post#208 » by fivas14 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:47 am

Sorry SEATTLE Sonics fans, this must feel horrible, couldn't imagine what'd it'd feel like if the Jazz moved away from Utah.
cashflo
Senior
And1: 130

Post#209 » by cashflo » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:48 am

I lived in Covington Wa. for 3 years. I feel so bad for all the passionate fans who I met while i was living there.I just hope the name and colors remain in the city in case the city gets another team.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#210 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:48 am

fivas14 wrote:Sorry SEATTLE Sonics fans, this must feel horrible, couldn't imagine what'd it'd feel like if the Jazz moved away from Utah.

They probably will leave SLC someday. If Seattle is vulnerable, then certainly SLC is vulnerable.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#211 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:51 am

Bulltalk wrote:
Sweezo wrote:

I don't want to take another city's team away from them. That whole process is sordid, underhanded bull**** .

Not even if Paul Allen decided to move his Blazers up to his home city of Seattle? LOL

Ha! No...I'd feel bad for my former rivals. I went to school in Oregon and I've been to about as many Blazer games as Sonic games. I wouldn't want to be a part of stealing the only pro team that community has.

Although, what a sordid turn of events that would be. My goodness...
fivas14
Banned User

Post#212 » by fivas14 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:53 am

Bulltalk wrote:
fivas14 wrote:Sorry SEATTLE Sonics fans, this must feel horrible, couldn't imagine what'd it'd feel like if the Jazz moved away from Utah.

They probably will leave SLC someday. If Seattle is vulnerable, then certainly SLC is vulnerable.

Don't jinx us.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#213 » by Rocky5000 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:54 am

This is nuts. It's like the perfect storm of **** behavior from all parties involved. I can only imagine how I would feel if the Celtics were to suddenly become the St. Louis Celtics. I used to be a big Sonics fan when they had Kemp and Payton, and remember rooting for them to take down the Bulls in the finals. You've certainly had some great teams and some great players pass through your organization.
Kenny0873
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#214 » by Kenny0873 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:55 am

I don't think I would be comfortable with Allen moving the Blazers here, especially with what's just happened here. I've only been in Seattle for about ten years, so I'm not as deeply-rooted as a lot of the fans are here, but the last two years have been like Chinese water torture and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm sure FSN will work out something so that we get to see the Blazers here and being a basketball junkie, I'll probably follow them. I hope Portland kicks the mess out of OKC every chance they get. It won't be the same. This really sucks...
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#215 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:55 am

Ha! No...I'd feel bad for my former rivals. I went to school in Oregon and I've been to about as many Blazer games as Sonic games. I wouldn't want to be a part of stealing the only pro team that community has.

Although, what a sordid turn of events that would be. My goodness...

I've seen everything now. This was one of the grossest and most incompetent things I've seen in sports at these high falutin levels. Like I said before, this is Michael Moore documentary material: Sports in America.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
almost famous
Rookie

Post#216 » by almost famous » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:56 am

Denver fan here. Bennett is worse than scum. Stern is a :censored: for going along with this BS. I can't imagine the league without the Sonics.

This has to suck... Sorry guys. Hopefully you will continue to support the players on this team.
fivas14
Banned User

Post#217 » by fivas14 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:58 am

almost famous wrote:Denver fan here. Bennett is worse than scum. Stern is a :censored: for going along with this BS. I can't imagine the league without the Sonics.

This has to suck... Sorry guys. Hopefully you will continue to support the players on this team.

You can't call Bennett scum because he wanted to give his city a basketball team.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:59 am

Rocky5000 wrote:This is nuts. It's like the perfect storm of **** behavior from all parties involved. I can only imagine how I would feel if the Celtics were to suddenly become the St. Louis Celtics. I used to be a big Sonics fan when they had Kemp and Payton, and remember rooting for them to take down the Bulls in the finals. You've certainly had some great teams and some great players pass through your organization.

It's beyond words. Everyway you turn as a fan, you lost.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#219 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:01 am

fivas14 wrote:
almost famous wrote:Denver fan here. Bennett is worse than scum. Stern is a :censored: for going along with this BS. I can't imagine the league without the Sonics.

You can't call Bennett scum because he wanted to give his city a basketball team.

Say What? We certainly can call him scum.

Bennet is SCUM!

How's that?

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:02 am

Bulltalk wrote:Like I said before, this is Michael Moore documentary material: Sports in America.

I kinda passed over that point before, but it's a legit one...Moore's documentaries have focused on very blue collar issues like the loss of manufacturing jobs, gun rights, health care, and going to war. And here we have a situation where a very blue collar form of entertainment has been ripped away from the community by a dishonest government and a couple of billionaires. Throw in some parts about how the Packers thrive while being publicly owned and bingo...you've got a movie.

Don't take this as defending or supporting the man, because while I find him entertainment I certainly believes he's keen on portraying the facts in a way that supports whatever position he's arguing and lean towards the sensationalistic, but I could see him giving his take on this subject. And I could see it being a giant middle finger to the owners and the politicians.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball