The Trial/City Rolls Over Thread

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Re: The Trial/City Rolls Over Thread 

Post#261 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:17 am

^You didn't catch that earlier?

In addition to the banners, Bennett is going to make a replica CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY. Does this guy have no conscience? No morals? He takes our team, tells us we can keep the history, name, and colors, basically bends us over and sticks it to us. Then he has the audacity to say there will be replicas made?

Clay Bennett is going to rot in hell.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#262 » by Cyborg21 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:25 am

neplife wrote:damn this is horrible news, I'm gonna miss the I-5 rivalry. If anything take solice in that you live in the beautiful NW and not a pit like Oklahoma.

Why thank you, kind sir...
Skum
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#263 » by Skum » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:34 am

This sucks so much, i live in Denmark.. i love the sonics, been following this all along.. Worst of all.. Bennett claimed the championship banner and trophies, along with the records, the only thing that is not going.. is the name.. Supersonics...

We only get copies of the trophies.. yeah.. thats leaving the history behind..

F... this.. i could cry..

The Reignman
The Glove
SCHREMPF!!

All the history is gone, for $45 million dollars..

When Clay Bennett was the owner of the Seattle Supersonics, a remodeling was not a viable solution for a new arena.. Stern even said it himself.. Now the NBA is happy with a possible new team playing the KeyArena after a remodel..

I hate this.. cant even find the words other than ARG!!!.. cant believe..
McG
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#264 » by McG » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:35 am

I haven't read the legal filings but the City BETTER have garnered some Sonics history copyrights (in regards to the replicas). If not this is just one more step in the City's quest to do a 360 bend-over.
* Educating the underprivileged. *
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#265 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:35 am

Cyborg21 wrote:
neplife wrote:damn this is horrible news, I'm gonna miss the I-5 rivalry. If anything take solice in that you live in the beautiful NW and not a pit like Oklahoma.

Why thank you, kind sir...

Shut up. Not right now. Not in the SEATTLE Sonics forum, I won't let that happen. You've taken my team but you will not come in here acting like this is a place for you to share how you feel. Not today.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#266 » by Cyborg21 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:39 am

look... I didn't want the Sonics to move and still don't, they have a great history and Seattle deserves to have the Sonics, I'm just saying I don't like people bashing my state for something I can't help that happened. I didn't take your team, I'm a Wolves fan forever and could care less that there is a team coming to Oklahoma.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#267 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:59 am

Has anyone been listening to Elise on KJR? I've been listening to her all evening, she has done a heck of a job considering the circumstances. Tonight she was much more than a sports radio host, she spoke as a fan and I just want to give my props to her.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#268 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:59 am

yearsago wrote:Argh they played the PBC press conference.

Clay Bennett Crying.

Jesus f**king christ I hope that guy burns in hell.

No ****. No ****. Was business does he have tearing up, making it seem like he's gone through some great personal sacrifice to get the team? Sorry, but creating a sham arena plan to make it seem like you're making an effort to keep the team in Seattle, hiring a bunch of lawyers, squirming on the stand, and paying a small portion of your billionaire fortune is nothing. How unfortunate the process of stealing our franchise came at some personal expense to him...jesus...
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#269 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:01 am

Speaking of...she is playing an interview she did with Matt Griffin tonight. He is saying we should have the intial disappointment, but need to get over it? Ugh....I don't mind what this guy is trying to do for our community by stepping up, but he shouldn't be telling us what to do/feel.

For some of us, it was THIS team or NO team.
spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#270 » by spidythejoe » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:10 am

Just wanted to send my condolances. Seattle will always be a great basketball city to me.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,463

Post#271 » by CBS7 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:13 am

Taking the trophies and banners. Wow. What a ****.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#272 » by ClipperDomination » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:28 am

Just read all the pages of this thread, and wow this sucks for you long time Sonic fans. I feel for you guys.

Clay Bennett and David Stern are classless a-hole's. Period.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#273 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:57 am

CBS7 wrote:Taking the trophies and banners. Wow. What a ****.

They aren't taking the actual trophies and banners. I think it's classless (which fits the OKC group's trend) that they are talking about making replicas of accomplishments that have NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with them and their involvement with this team.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#274 » by DmoneyH3 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:12 am

so is he going to make replicas with the new okc logo and color on them, because they can't take anything seattle related, colors, logos, jerseys, etc. I've got familyin Seattle, so I've never considered them a rival, but more of a secondary team to root for if Portland had a down season. This really blows and am actually sad. I wouldn't even know how to support a team that was taken like that so shadily from a city and fan base. OKC fans, albeit not their fault, will have to feel a little dirty one would think. Clay Bennett is in from some serious karma payback though..what goes around....comes around.
Finally..how in the hell is the ford center more suitable for an NBA franchise than the Key?
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#275 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:17 am

^We've found out today that Stern actually feels a renovated Key Arena will be perfectly viable.

Jab the knife in a little deeper, Stern.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#276 » by lovehoops01 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:13 am

I know it's no consolation....but I just wanted you to know that there are a lot of people out there who feel really badly for the Sonics fans.

You never actually believe something like this is going to happen until it does.

There are no words that can make it better, I'm sure. But there are basketball fans all over the country who cannot feel the depth of your sadness, but they have you in their thoughts.
Huskies1947
Head Coach
And1: 1,174

Post#277 » by Huskies1947 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:16 am

Good bye sonics...

It was fun using you guys in NBA Jam and NBA Jam TE
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#278 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:01 am

RE: SETTLEMENT DOCUMENT
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/ ... 030778.pdf

Hey guys, check paragraph 6 in the settlement agreement regarding our history, name, and team colors. Read part i). Tell me what the hell you think that means.

To me it sounds like if we get an expansion team within the next five years, and that team plays in a renovated Key Arena, we have to give up our banners, trophies, records, entire CITY history as a "shared" ownership of the Sonics history. Please tell me I'm not reading this right. Sweez, you deal with legal documents, am I totally off base with this?

Did Nickels even read the settlement agreement at all? To me, we're either 1) without the NBA forever or 2)If given a new team (as some are hoping for) we are stuck basically forgetting all our past individual accomplishments as an organization in this city and have to hand them over to OKC whenever they please.

How is this a good deal for us? We found out that Mayor Nickels and Seattle City council members have lied to us throughout this court case, but they flat out lied today saying it is a positive outcome that we get to keep our team history, name, and colors.
Troy McClure
Banned User
And1: 46

Post#279 » by Troy McClure » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:14 am

Last post on any basketball related related forum.

I'm not a great poster, in the least bit, but I did enjoy talking basketball with you group of crazy guys/gal.

Sweezo, (ex)Hippie, HeavyP, Jenn, Elfboy, Tec, Bennith, Wiff, BenjamminH, Jsonic, Soyboy, Anjonez, Stirfry, chad42(My crush) all of you guys I didn't mention. I'll miss you and hope you show up on the other seattle team boards.

I have so much I want to express, but I'm not a smart guy so I don't exactly know how to let it all out. **** Clay. **** Howard. **** Seattle "leardership" **** the NBA. **** David Stern.

If any of you want to drop me a line, my e-mail is jflash003@yahoo.com
Goodbye Sonics. It's time to try and not murder Stern and Clay and Howard.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#280 » by ljp24 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:19 am

^btw change ya sig

it means that seattle history from 67-08 will be shared a unlikely new seattle team and OKC. So Gary payton would be the assist leader for OKC and Seattle until a member of one of their teams passes him.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball