The Trial/City Rolls Over Thread

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: The Trial/City Rolls Over Thread 

Post#281 » by AbdicatedReign » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:24 am

Man.

It doesn't even feel real, yet, losing the team I grew up with. I really can't imagine a winter without Calabro calling the green & gold. This **** is dreadful.

Can't we go back to bitching about coaching decisions and drafting Vladimir Stepania?
AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect

Post#282 » by AbdicatedReign » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:25 am

ljp24 wrote:^btw change ya sig

Btw, **** you.

Until the forum title says OKC ****, stay the **** gone.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#283 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:28 am

Now more than ever I don't want to see an NBA team come back to Seattle. There is no way OUR history should be "shared"...

I'm f*cking done with this league...let's preserve our history, name, and colors and call it. I don't think I can handle sharing our accomplishments with a city that didn't even want or care about this team up until a year or two ago.

As a fan of 16+year of MY SEATTLE SuperSonics, I am absolutely distraught and disgusted. I knew there was a reason why I didn't eat dinner tonight, I'd be throwing it up right now.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#284 » by mkwest » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:31 am

I know that there are really no words that I could say that would ease the pain or really encourage any of you, but I want to offer my condolences and sympathies to all the fans that supported the Sonics over the years. It being a dark day doesn't even begin to describe it and it's just really sad.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#285 » by ljp24 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:33 am

AbdicatedReign wrote:

Btw, **** you.

nice to see some class, how about more shots at my city?

Don't act like your fanbase is a bunch of angels.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#286 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:36 am

Get the hell out of here ljp..

Your thoughts are not needed or wanted at this time. Go post in the General Board like you have all night. We're not the only ones talking bad about your city tonight.
AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect

Post#287 » by AbdicatedReign » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:39 am

ljp24 wrote:

I don't care about class, I don't care about your city, I don't care about the perception of my fanbase, but I do care when someone trolls the forum of a city who just had 41 years of tradition taken from them.

What's the point of trolling now? Seriously? Just leave it alone, man. ****.
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#288 » by Flipdog69xxx » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:08 am

Hey guys. I'm a Laker fan and I just wanted to say how much this whole situation sucks. Your fan base is one of the most loyal I've ever seen in the league and it's tragic that this all happened the way it did. I was really hoping things would get better for your team though and also to see Durant get better in Seattle. Hope you guys get a team back asap.
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#289 » by Point forward » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:13 am

I am very sad to see that the franchise that produced two of my fav players all time (Dennis Johnson and Detlef Schrempf) is going to be no more. :(
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.
IsiahThomasJr
Banned User

Post#290 » by IsiahThomasJr » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:44 am

Stern is a disgrace to the game of basketball. He needs to step down already. I'd rather see Adam Silver or Russ Granik as commish than this loser.

Seattle didn't deserve this. They have a great history and a great city and the team was stolen from them by jackass Bannett.

And for what? Oklahoma City? Oklahoma? All people do there is listen to country music and plow fields. This is a terrible move and it has robbed the NBA of its integrity (whatever it had left) and of its history.

Screw you Stern. I hope you get impeached from the league when it is found out that you had a hand in the fixed games with Donaghy.
"It's so crazy it just might work." - Isiah Thomas
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#291 » by kombayn » Thu Jul 3, 2008 10:16 am

I'm sorry to see the team go, but it was a case that couldn't be won. Bennett was moving this club to OKC. But the city now has $75 million if they get an ownership group interested and build a new arena.

This Article:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AssvuHHgaO8upBGuAU89uY.8vLYF?slug=ap-nba-seattlesfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lists Matt Griffin as a buyer with Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer involved. With the Grizzlies for sell right now, I expect them to make an offer for that squad and get the $300 million renovation approved for KeyArena and get a new naming rights deal like WaMu Arena or something. But I think the Sonics will be back before the 5 year deadline of 2013. The Grizzlies are dead in the water.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#292 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:41 pm

kombayn wrote:I'm sorry to see the team go, but it was a case that couldn't be won. Bennett was moving this club to OKC. But the city now has $75 million if they get an ownership group interested and build a new arena.

This Article:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AssvuHHgaO8upBGuAU89uY.8vLYF?slug=ap-nba-seattlesfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lists Matt Griffin as a buyer with Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer involved. With the Grizzlies for sell right now, I expect them to make an offer for that squad and get the $300 million renovation approved for KeyArena and get a new naming rights deal like WaMu Arena or something. But I think the Sonics will be back before the 5 year deadline of 2013. The Grizzlies are dead in the water.

I'm so sick of this argument. Our mayor gave up the team for NOTHING! No guarantee of another team. Not only that, there will have to be a long fight for a new arena WITHOUT a team, with an NBA and a commisioner that is AGAINST US!

At least if the mayor doesn't cave in, we have TWO MORE YEARS OF CLOCK to work. A LOT can happen in two years. This attitude or point of view doesn't seem to take into account that we may NEVER get another team again, and that in all likelihood having the team here for the next two years, the forthcoming court cases, the bad PR the NBA would suffer from this, possibly a new arena in place, a new ownnership group ready to go....THIS was our best chance for a team, to continue to fight for the one we had.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
T-dot Raps
Lead Assistant
And1: 258

Post#293 » by T-dot Raps » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:01 pm

It's a sad day for not only the fans of Seattle but all NBA fans.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#294 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:15 pm

As Hugh Millen said on KJR this morning, would you rather that we have kept the team here for another two years, bled Bennett, and gone down fighting to keep the team here, or laid down your arms like the French and become David Sterns lap dog, doing everything HE wants us to do, kissing his arse, begging his highness for another team?

I'm with Hugh Millen. I choose my dignity.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
dilbert719
Sixth Man
And1: 128

Post#295 » by dilbert719 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:21 pm

You guys got screwed. I'm sorry to see that it had to go down like this.

Here's hoping that you don't have to wait too long to see the Sonics back in Seattle. I mean, David Stern's a prick, but he's not going to be commissioner forever.
Bryan Colangelo Elton Brand: The Cause of, and Solution to, All of Life's Problems

Daryl Morey: The Solution to All of Life's Problems
Kobe_not_MJ
Ballboy

Post#296 » by Kobe_not_MJ » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:25 pm

kombayn wrote:I think that the Memphis Grizzlies or the Orlando Magic are the two teams to move. Charlotte just moved, so I think it's out of the question and the political turmoil a New Orleans Hornets would cause. So I suspect in the end the Grizzlies will be the ones to move to Seattle to restart the Sonics franchise. Honestly, that's the team Bennett should have bought in the first place.

Unfortunately, the Magic are not moving any time soon because they are building a new arena in Orlando. And while we're on the subject of arenas, let's talk about the Key and Stern's obsession with palace-like buildings. It dates back to when Stern first became Commissioner. I also don't expect the Grizzlies to move anywhere; they have an arena that is less than five years old.

Seattle will get a team (the NBA needs Seattle, no question), but I would expect it to be an expansion team. Also, if you get that team sooner rather than later, maybe you could even sign Durant back as a free agent! I mean, who's to say Carpetbagger Clay will want to spend the money to keep him? Just a thought...
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#297 » by Joel Embust » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:43 pm

I want to visit John Allen Williams and negotiate :evil:
Baller2000
Junior
And1: 3

Post#298 » by Baller2000 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:29 am

Laker fan here.

As a long time NBA viewer this news saddens me to great lengths. The Sonics are one of the greater storied franchises IMO, and have deep roots to the West Coast, even down here in Cali. David Stern should be ashamed for allowing this to happen to the league and especially Seattle's dedicated fans. People are sick of expansion or relocated teams, we have had enough. It should have ended with the Clippers moving from San Diego to LA in that debacle. The NBA just slapped the fans of Seattle in the face.

FU Stern.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#299 » by Sweezo » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:30 am

ljp24 wrote:
AbdicatedReign wrote:

Btw, **** you.

The way I see it, you have two choices. You can either let the Seattle fans be and accept that we're grieving, or you can continue acting like a martyr and irritating people and risk losing your posting privileges when there is an OKC board for you to post on. It's a simple choice...no one on here needs your crap right now...
Hardzy
Ballboy

Post#300 » by Hardzy » Sat Jul 5, 2008 5:57 am

One thing I have always wanted to do is go and see a sonics game. I hope I get the opportunity one day to do that. Who knows with Stern fixated with China god knows why any player would want to live in a city where they need to wear a mask to go outside. I can't say I like our chances without robbing some other city of their team. How could Stern let 40 years go just like that?

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball