Cheers, Hurrah and Goodnight

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,158

Re: Cheers, Hurrah and Goodnight 

Post#41 » by slick_watts » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:33 pm

wow i didn't even realize this is where the sonics board went.

lots of heartfelt posts here.. i know this is about five or six months late and my posting was very sporadic but i enjoyed the conversation on this board. seattle defnitely has some of the classiest, most knowledgable sports fans in the country and i regret not sticking around these parts more often. i've always been in a unique situation when it comes to being a sports fan since growing up i was never in one place for more than a couple years (military) and my allegiances to teams are usually pretty random. i got a chance to go to some sonics games in 1995 or so during a winter visit and was hooked ever since. i talk sports with lots of people but this board was the only place i could really talk sonics since texans know about as much about seattle sports as they do about good pizza.

anyway, i don't really have interest in mariners and seahawks (baltimore orioles and oakland raiders for me.. told you i was weird). i hope that seattle does eventually get a team down the road and this board can be re-opened because the conversation here has been missed!
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#42 » by jenn_gp » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your pets guys. I guess we're in the same boat in terms of grief.
Have you guys read the book Marley and Me? I got it for Christmas and finished it last night. Great book, but extremely sad ending...just a warning. Most of the story is about a couple playing out their lives..growing a family, which in the beginning centered around Marley (the dog). The book is filled with funny stories about Marley (the dog). You might relate to it and even get a kick out of it a few months down the road, if you haven't read it already.

Slick, great post. Glad to see you found us!

Edited to describe the book better.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Ex-hippie » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:28 pm

I don't think I'm interested in reading Marley and Me, or seeing the movie, right now. Marley even looks like my dog (I understand Marley was a yellow lab, while ours was a golden, but they look pretty similar). Our dog was diagnosed with cancer early this year (high-grade fibrosarcoma, for you cancer experts out there). We put her through doggie chemo -- yes, there is such a thing, and in fact dogs respond to it much better than humans, without the nausea and hair loss etc. And she seemed to be doing great, until we took her back for a check-up and they found cancer in her lungs. That was in late October. From there the descent was rapid and noticeable, and we had to put her down on December 2, at just 10 years old. In her final days she would barely move, she wouldn't eat (that's not like her at all) and I had to carry her outside just to go to the bathroom.

Slick, let's have a friendly bet over who makes the playoffs first: Orioles, Raiders, Seahawks or Mariners. I'm picking the Seahawks to rebound. But hey, at least the Orioles have a bright future, thanks in no small part to Adam Jones, George Sherrill, Chris Tillman, Tony Butler and Kam Mickolio. Sniff.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#44 » by Sweezo » Fri Jan 2, 2009 3:02 am

hey slick, feel free to check the facebook invite thread as well
Subway Token
RealGM
And1: 157

Post#45 » by Subway Token » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Gahhh this is terrible... Do you guys still follow the Thunder?
BAT 14.0 Judge. PM for paypal info.
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#46 » by yearsago » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:22 pm

knicksfan5494 wrote:Gahhh this is terrible... Do you guys still follow the Thunder?

I think those that follow the Thunder has moved onto the OKC boards...

the rest of us? Not sure..I try to keep afloat with the SOS and Sonics Gate stuff (soniccentral blog)..but that is about it..

Its pretty sad honestly.
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
nonemus
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#47 » by nonemus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:36 am

This thread brought me to tears...
CatchNShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#48 » by CatchNShoot » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Knock, knock. Anybody home? :D
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#49 » by OzSonic » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 am

Speaking of the ones who turned to the Thunder, I wonder if former Sonics RGM posters will come crawling back with their tail between their legs. I know who they are. :evil:
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#50 » by bennith13 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:52 am

It will be hard for me to at like a moderator towards Sonics fans that follow that other team now. They probably will stay fans of that other team and say its because they like Durant.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#51 » by jenn_gp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:06 pm

I know who those people are over at that team-who-shall-not-be-named too...disgrace! :-?

But we all grieve differently when it comes to loss, maybe that's just their way. I can't wait to trash talk with them when their team comes to Seattle for the first time. We're gonna whoop some ass!

With a guy like Chris Hansen running the team, it's bound to be a winner.

BTW, what a difference four years makes...even realgm has gone through some changes. I'm liking the "And 1" addition. Kinda like the ability to "like" a FB post.

Glad we appear to be heading to a happy ending to this thread! :D

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball