Question/Poll from Blazer

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

What will you do now that your Sonics are TEMPORARILY gone

Boycott NBA (for the most part)
39%
Root for Blazers
43%
Root for OKC
15%
Root for another team
4%

Total votes: 54

AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Question/Poll from Blazer 

Post#41 » by AbdicatedReign » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm done with the NBA.

A league of owners that allow this to happen is not one I will support with my time or my money.

Go Huskies.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#42 » by BenjaminH » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 am

I like the Blazers. I will follow them, but I will also follow a number of other teams that I like. So, I guess I would vote for the second of fourth option on the poll (though, I didn't actually vote).
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#43 » by GOBlazers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 pm

jenn_gp wrote:I want to do a head count here on the poll.

How many Blazers fans voted? I don't think there is this many regulars on our board to match the total from the poll. Plus, I find it hard to believe that at this moment, more than one person is planning on rooting for the OKC team.

We either have a lot of people from other boards voting (which doesn't really surprise me) or we have more lurkers on this board than I thought.

I hope that more people read but don't post in your board than you think (Lurkers). I hope people from other boards didn't vote, because the poll wasn't for them. I'm not surprised that a couple people are rooting for OKC. I got an impression from your other threads, that a few would. At least the majority share your POV, and I'm glad to get some new Blazer fans.
Kane2111
Banned User

Post#44 » by Kane2111 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 pm

I love the NBA too much to quit watching.

Kinda side note to this tragic situation... I sorta put part of the blame on Shawn Kemp. He threw a hissy fit about only being paid 3 million a year and didn't like Jim McIlvaine making roughly the same amount. In retrospect it wasn't the Sonics fault that Kemp signed that contract. Kemp ended up forcing himself out of Seattle and the team (in my opinion) kinda went on a downward spiral ever since. They had one good season with Vin Baker until that drunk drove them into the ground... and 1 mediocre season in Ray Allen's era. Maybe had Kemp sobered up and stuck with his team, they would have continued to be an elite franchise for several more years and fan interest would have remained high. I say Kemp killed the Sonics. I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way. The last decade of losing (thanks to Kemp's antics) caused this mess. Apparently I'm alone in that sentiment.

I figure I'll watch the Blazers if they end up picking up the games locally in Seattle. I plan on dishing out the 200 bucks to get NBA League Pass... so I figure maybe I'll watch a few Oklahoma games just to keep an eye on Durant's progress, but more than likely I'll just be following the big dogs of the NBA as a general NBA fan. LeBron, Boston, CP3, maybe catch a couple Philly games. Who knows
GOBlazers
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by GOBlazers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:06 am

^^^^Good man, I'd be thinking the same as you if I lost my Blazers.... Love the game too much to stop watching. I watch any basketball game I have time for, though. I guess a lot of people only watch their own team.
GOBlazers
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by GOBlazers » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 am

Looks like the majority of Sonic fans aren't finished with the NBA, and will continue to support another team. Unless of course trolls like myself have been voting. I hope the rest of you will recover during the season, so you can enjoy some NBA action
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#47 » by Dick Tate » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:33 am

GOBlazers wrote:Looks like the majority of Sonic fans aren't finished with the NBA, and will continue to support another team. Unless of course trolls like myself have been voting.

Me thinks you might be placing a tad too much value on your poll. I'm guessing the majority of Sonics fans who are finished with the NBA never read your damn poll in the first place.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#48 » by bennith13 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 am

I have said this a few times already, but the only team that I will be actively rooting for is the team playing against OKC.

I will root for a team once a team is moved back to Seattle.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by BenjaminH » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:02 pm

There is a difference between rooting for a team and following the NBA.
NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

Post#50 » by NateMustGo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:31 pm

This still pisses me off and I'm a Blazer fan, but we have lost our #1 rival and after the Blazers are done with the season I always root for the Sonics if they are still alive. I voted for boycott as if this happened to my team I would boycott. I havent been in a starbucks since the Sonics moved and wont unless coffee boy wins his suit and gets this team back from bum-f*ck oklahoma.Well at least i now have a least favorite team now!

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball