Timeline of Events

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

ballerblogger
Junior
And1: 0

Timeline of Events 

Post#1 » by ballerblogger » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:04 pm

From 1993 — to 1998 — the Seattle Supersonics averaged 60 wins per season. But from 1998 to the present day, the Sonics averaged just 37 wins per year.

According to Forbes.com, the Sonics were valued at $269 million dollars for the 2006-2007 season. Only the Milwaukee Bucks and Portland Trailblazers were valued less.

Here is a season-by-season cross-reference of the Sonics regular season win totals, key transactions, attendance figures, and their year-by-year valuation as estimated by Forbes.com:

http://ballerblogger.com/2008/07/11/seattle-supersonics-timeline-of-events/

This link above will take you to the second of a 3-part series. If you see a transaction missing, please email me at ballerblogger@yahoo.com.

Thanks for taking the time to view my timeline.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Re: Timeline of Events 

Post#2 » by jenn_gp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 pm

We already have a timeline thread. It was at the bottom of the first page in our forum.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=822824
ballerblogger
Junior

Post#3 » by ballerblogger » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:38 pm

jenn_gp wrote:We already have a timeline thread. It was at the bottom of the first page in our forum.

Okay. What would you like me to do?

I don't know if the thread you directed me to is really a timeline though. It's more of a wikipedia page than an actual timeline of events.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#4 » by jenn_gp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:44 pm

^ Well I guess I have to ask you what do you want us to do with this?

We know Sonics basketball is over in Seattle. We know the Sonics haven't been that great the past 10 years. We know Bennett vastly overpaid when he bought the Sonics. Thanks for totally making that clear to us.

Not trying to be rude, but what do you want us to do?
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by BenjaminH » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:43 am

ballerblogger wrote:
jenn_gp wrote:We already have a timeline thread. It was at the bottom of the first page in our forum.

Okay. What would you like me to do?

I don't know if the thread you directed me to is really a timeline though. It's more of a wikipedia page than an actual timeline of events.

Perhaps you could post the salient events on this thread so we can discuss them.

Good research. I commend you. But, perhaps you could use some better citation methods. (I can only gather that the yearly estimated values are from Forbes and the attendance records are from ESPN.)

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I see that you have most of your sources hyper-linked.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#6 » by Bulltalk » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:42 am

Schultz and his management runs Sonics into the ground. Schultz sells Sonics to Bennet. End of story.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Kane2111
Banned User

Post#7 » by Kane2111 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:50 pm

am I the only one who feels like Shawn Kemp started the downward spiral when he forced a trade out of here? Don't get me wrong... I loved Shawn Kemp. But the timeline above ... the whole chain of events starts with Kemp throwing a hissy fit about his contract. Then we get an alcoholic in return... and it all goes to pot from there on out.
MattTorgenrud
Banned User

Post#8 » by MattTorgenrud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Kane2111 wrote:am I the only one who feels like Shawn Kemp started the downward spiral when he forced a trade out of here? Don't get me wrong... I loved Shawn Kemp. But the timeline above ... the whole chain of events starts with Kemp throwing a hissy fit about his contract. Then we get an alcoholic in return... and it all goes to pot from there on out.

That's true. The Kemp trade did kinda usher in the downfall of the franchise, but it's important to remember that the year after Kemp was traded the Sonics actually improved temporarily to 61 wins. But then Baker fell off the map and the team sunk into their grave. It just took the city of Seattle to throw the dirt on them. So yeah, in some ways you can look at the Kemp trade as the spark that lit the eventual fire. If this team had mattered at any point during the last decade maybe this nonsense wouldn't have happened. But Kemp was basically the 2nd best Sonic of all time. So now is the time to worship him as a hero and not point out role in the "Death" of the team. Valid argument, though.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Ex-hippie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:03 pm

MattLarKaneBrd2111Torgenrud33... whom do you think you are kidding?
MattTorgenrud
Banned User

Post#10 » by MattTorgenrud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Ex-hippie wrote:MattLarKaneBrd2111Torgenrud33... whom do you think you are kidding?

no no... we'll be having none of that. I'm not going to be the latest target of this witch hunt. Lets keep it clean. Not going to end up spending my last days defending my so-called fandom.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#11 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Oh no....
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#12 » by Dick Tate » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:04 pm

LOL. From lurker to poster extraordinaire...
MattTorgenrud
Banned User

Post#13 » by MattTorgenrud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:18 pm

just doing my part to keep things lively in here. Someone has to fill the excessive void left by Kane... one of the most enigmatic and eccentric posters I've read on here for a while. Why do the best ones always get taken from us so young? James Dean, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, Kane, etc. Sad world.

Oh Kane, we hardly knew ya...
altonstevens
Banned User

Post#14 » by altonstevens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Ex-hippie wrote:MattLarKaneBrd2111Torgenrud33... whom do you think you are kidding?

lol... what's up with yoose guys? I've been reading this forum for a while now and these reactions to Matthew convinced me to sign up. Yoose guys are getting bent over shapes out of nothing. Why do yoose guys get so angry over nothings? It's absurd!

So lets me get this one straight. LarBrd33 begot Kane who begetted Matt Torgenrud? WOW WOW WOW. The paranoia in here is stiffling. I'm stiffled right now. Yoose guys are out of control. Kane was really funny. If you reads him like I did, you'd think he was funny too. And the guy was really civil. Talk about paranoia.

You know the stupid thing about all of this is, I just looked up LarBrd33's posts and I don't even think he deserved to get banned. Look at his previous posts. He wasn't very subtle, but he wasn't "evil". Look:
LarBrd33 wrote:This assumes a lot of things, but the real annoying part is this: Westbrook went too high. The Timberwolves clearly wanted Kevin Love. Sonics could have easily drafted Love and worked a deal for Mayo. And to make things worse, rumor is that Mayo may still be traded to Miami for Beasley.

LarBrd33 wrote:Maybe they are waiting until next week so they can figure out which city to have the press conference in.

LarBrd33 wrote:Yeah it's not like im attacking you guys... If anything I'm just "hating" on the owners of this franchise and the events that are taking place. I still don't get why everyone takes it so personally. I think it's silly that people get upset with me for being bitter... as opposed to just living in denial and speaking in hushed tones like we're discussing Voldemort or something. Everyone has a spazm when I mention this team's future in Oklahoma City.

... then the official news
LarBrd33 wrote:sad times, but we have known about this inevitability forever... some fans were just in denial.

I'll miss em.

LarBrd33 wrote:Its all over folks. That's it. That's all she wrote. Team is gone. Bye bye Durant. It'll suck seeing him dominate in a few years.

LarBrd33 wrote:I'm disappointed and frustrated. But now I'll just hope Durant hates it in Oklahoma and finds his way to the Celtics somehow when his rookie contract is up. Those people don't deserve him.

LarBrd33 wrote:
The stuff on Truehoop says that Schultz is part of the settlement as well.

Anyways... I still say we should riot and burn down Key Arena. Nobody? ... anyone have a Guy Fawkes mask? Seriously... lets do this... don't tell me people in Seattle are too passive to burn down Key Arena... show a little heart. Weee!

kidding of course.

LarBrd33 wrote:I'd love to see Durant demand a trade. That would make me so very very happy.
[/quote][/quote]

And then he gets banned for this? Why... for throwing a temper tantrum about the Sonics leaving? The guy had 800+ messages and was obviously a valued member of the community. Way to punish him further. And Kane (who seemed totally civil) gets banned for presumably being LarBrd33? ... And now MattTorgenrud is Kane? Come Onnnnnn.... get a grip yoose guys.
MattTorgenrud
Banned User

Post#15 » by MattTorgenrud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Completely agree altonstevens. It's not appropriate to punish someone for feeling pain. Not appropriate at all. It's a disgrace.
altonstevens
Banned User

Post#16 » by altonstevens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 pm

MattTorgenrud wrote:Completely agree altonstevens. It's not appropriate to punish someone for feeling pain. Not appropriate at all. It's a disgrace.

OMG exactly. And that's the thing. Kane was a really gentle and kind person and people were swearing at him and making fun of his mother's gout. How is that apprapo? That's not apprapo at all. It's a morally corrupt action to make fun of a disability like that. And his only crime was for suppooosedly being LarBrd33? What the heck yoose guys. THen I read LarBrd33's commments to see what all the fuss is about and what made this guy so evil, but he's not so evil. He's not so evil at all.

Bring back Kane. He was funny.
altonstevens
Banned User

Post#17 » by altonstevens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 pm

OMG. I can't believe MattTorgenrud just got "waived". This place is CORRUPT. Why are yoose guys so banhappy?? What did HE say?
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#18 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:17 pm

This is getting old...and weird.

Your act is tired LarBrd. Are you one of those people who can't let go of a grudge? Or is it a chemical imbalance like bipolar? multiple personalities maybe?
altonstevens
Banned User

Post#19 » by altonstevens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:22 pm

jenn_gp wrote:This is getting old...

Your act is tired LarBrd. Are you one of those people who can't let go of a grudge? Or is it a chemical imbalance like bipolar? multiple personalities maybe?

Seriously that's rude. Why do yoose guys assume that every new poster is LarBrd33? Is that the reason Matt was just waived? I dont' see the moderators coming out and confirming that Matt = Kane/LarBrd33. Sweezo flat out said that LarBrd33 and Kane were the same person. I don't see him making the same claim about Matt. And I sure as heck am not any of those people.

BTW: Moderators. Please don't ban me for nothing like you did to Matt and Kane. At least speak to me first. I didn't join this forum just to get wrongfully banned. And while I'm at it... I am NOT from OKC and I am NOT trying to start trouble. So everyone of yoose guys need to just just calm down.

Jenn maybe YOOSE are LarBrd33. Taking out your frustrations by concocting some master scheme. That's just as likely. Yoose seem to be the one who keeps pointing the finger. I wouldn't doubt it.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#20 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 pm

^Okay..clearly it is a chemical imbalance.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball