Summer League Thoughts

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

ryantony
Sophomore
And1: 0

Summer League Thoughts 

Post#1 » by ryantony » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:06 am

For those of you who have been watching the summer league, what are your observations?

I've noticed that Spencer Hawes has been extremely unimpressive/uncoordinated and the fast pace play is almost more fun to watch than the NBA.
"If you're going to post on the forum, clean it up, there isn't going to be any Oklahoma trolling on the forum."
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer

Re: Summer League Thoughts 

Post#2 » by sonic-ben » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:25 am

just about everyone is still in shock and angry to enjoy basketball use to get great conversation about the sonics ... but they are not really following the oakies
Go cougs
D5150
Starter
And1: 3

Post#3 » by D5150 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:51 am

i noticed that you are following the "OKC NBA" team ben................why don't you just post you observations on the OKC board? there are no sonics right now. it seems that you have moved on, so why don't you just move along?
Don't act like you're not impressed.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by BenjaminH » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:56 pm

Hawes hasn't been great. I love Koppinen on the Blazers. He is a great shooter, but I had no idea he could handle and distribute. He also has an excellent floater. Bayless has also been good. He's shown that he can get to the basket; kind of reminds me of Devin Harris. But I think Koppinen is the truer PG. The Blazers should find room for him, perhaps by trading one of their current PGs (Blake or Rodriguez), rather than risk Koppinen signing a long European contract with a tricky opt-out clause.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#5 » by jenn_gp » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:08 pm

You know, lately I've been feeling a bit bipolar. I mean what are we supposed to do? Honestly, I don't care about the OKC team. Whether they are successful or not means absolutely nothing to me at this point. I do however, have attachments to guys like Nick Collison and wish him the best. I will follow him throughout his career because he's a guy who has shown he cares about the fans.

I feel somewhat attached to Kevin and Jeff, but not too much. We only got to see them play for one year on a poorly put together lame duck team. I hope they have great careers but that doesn't mean I'm going to root for whatever team they are on, especially when it comes to the OKC team.

I just don't know what to feel at this point. Yes, there are a few players I care about and will continue to root for. But my attachment for them goes no further than the player they are, not what team they play for.

I could care less how the OKC team does during the summer league or during the regular season for that matter. In the past, I didn't put too much stock into SL, but I was still interested in it. This season I just don't have any desire to keep tabs on any team, especially our's.

I just feel like I'm in a gray area...nothing is black and white for me at this moment, and I don't think that will change unless we get a new team.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by BenjaminH » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:55 pm

I think Bayless was a little bit overrated in summer league. Yeah, he did great. But the only real skill he showed, I think, is that he can get to the basket at will. This may not be the case against NBA team defenses.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball