Miami-Seattle

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

torres213
Freshman
And1: 0

Miami-Seattle 

Post#1 » by torres213 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:19 pm

With MIA adding forward Bobby Jones recently, im questioning Riley's intent on keeping Dorrell Wright. Not sure about what other pieces to include on the deal, but what about something along these lines, just looking for a fans perspective considering that i have no idea how OKC will handle these trades differently than how SEA would have handled it, forgive the ignorance lol...

MIA sends - DWright, Marcus Banks, future pick
MIA gets - Ridnour, Wilcox, rights to Devon Hardin

SEA sends - Ridnour, Wilcox, rights to Devon Hardin
SEA gets - Dwright, Banks, future pick
(trades open to discussion)

*Not sure what the situation with Hardin is, but I saw a pic of him on a Euro league basketball site. Did he get sent overseas or sum? or wuts the deal?
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Re: Miami-Seattle 

Post#2 » by Ex-hippie » Wed Aug 6, 2008 4:08 pm

I hope OKC keeps Luke Ridnour, trades for Marcus Banks and lets that massive pile of suck at the PG position drag the team down indefinitely.

But, objectively, I see it as basically a trade of Wright for Wilcox, which isn't close to being fair.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#3 » by Dick Tate » Wed Aug 6, 2008 5:05 pm

torres213 wrote:just looking for a fans perspective considering that i have no idea how OKC will handle these trades differently than how SEA would have handled it, forgive the ignorance lol...

What is this supposed to mean? Who cares how Seattle would have handled it?

torres213 wrote:SEA sends - Ridnour, Wilcox, rights to Devon Hardin

Seattle already sent all of it's players. There's nobody left to send, unless Miami is looking for a new mayor or perhaps Florida would like a new governor?
mvp_32
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by mvp_32 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 4:53 pm

the heat get the best part of that deal for sure...doubt okc would do it...maybe it would work with marion in the deal but....
1-why would okc want marion when they need better forwards especially getting rid of wilcox
2-and what position would marion play?? the PF?? it would only work if they turned into a run and gun team
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#5 » by jenn_gp » Fri Aug 8, 2008 6:22 pm

This deal sounds a bit more like something that would have happened if the team was forced to stay here another 2 years.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#6 » by PDXKnight » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:15 am

I seriously hope that OKC is stupid enough to make trades like this. It's hard not to root against Clay Bennet after what he pulled off on you guys.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by BenjaminH » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:42 am

I think Miami should, indeed will, shop Haslem for help at PG and/or C. Also, I'm sure they'll look at Tinsley and/or Marbury. How about something centering around Tinsley and Foster for Banks and Haslem. It works in trade checker: Trade ID #4750601. Yet, Miami clearly needs better value for Haslem; so, a pick or prospect should probably be included.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#8 » by djthesonicsfan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:05 pm

No way Presti makes this trade. With respect, this is a terrible offer.

With the summer signings of James Jones & Yakhouba Diawara, coupled with Wright's slow recovery from his season ending knee injury, Wright's future with the Heat is tenuous at best. In fact, the Heat are also considering adding Bobby Jones to the roster. At least he'll get a shot in training camp. Any team that wants Dorell Wright can probably get him for a cold six pack of beer. Or, since it's Miami, a margarita. As for Banks... are you kidding? His long contract puts his trade value right down there with Tinsley. Almost untradeable except as negative filler in a much larger trade.

Presti's got to be looking for an expiring for Ridnour & a 1st or a prospect for Wilcox. There's zero incentive to trade Hardin. He's going to develop in Europe in his role as the perfect 7th big on the team.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by BenjaminH » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:01 pm

I think James Jones may be one of the most underrated acquisitions this summer. He is a very good perimeter defender, very long, and can play some PF. He is also an extraordinary long range shooter. Kind of like Posey, Battier, or Bowen. But I think Diawara is a bit redundant and not as good; I think Wright is definitely ahead of him (and Jones) on the depth chart.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball