DMase back on the Sonics

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Re: DMase back on the Sonics 

Post#21 » by Dick Tate » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:18 pm

Kendall Gill was the next Jordan too. At least Gill had a somewhat decent jump shot. Gill was traded for Hersey Hawkins (who was a hero in Seattle and one of the most popular Sonics ever).
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#22 » by jenn_gp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Saul wrote:jenn you bring up some interesting points, but it's all based on the media perception that the NBA is cultivating. The reality is that things aren't so Rosey for the OKC PTB and the NBA and Starbucks is well aware of this. Things will work out. I'm pretty sure of it.

Do you have some sort of "insider" information, or do you have ESP? Or is it just a gut feeling?
I honestly don't understand how you can feel so sure (95% sure) about this team coming back to Seattle. You've explained what you think is happening, but it all makes zero sense.
Saul
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Saul » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:12 pm

jenn_gp wrote:
Saul wrote:jenn you bring up some interesting points, but it's all based on the media perception that the NBA is cultivating. The reality is that things aren't so Rosey for the OKC PTB and the NBA and Starbucks is well aware of this. Things will work out. I'm pretty sure of it.

Do you have some sort of "insider" information, or do you have ESP? Or is it just a gut feeling?
I honestly don't understand how you can feel so sure (95% sure) about this team coming back to Seattle. You've explained what you think is happening, but it all makes zero sense.

Just read the reports of the trial and everything. Where there is smoke there is fire. I'm seeing tons of smoke. And the second I read "Desmond Mason traded to OKC" I thought to myself, "ah... damage control"
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#24 » by bennith13 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Saul you do know that the trial is set for May 2009. Regardless of what happens then they will play this year in OKC.
Saul
Banned User

Post#25 » by Saul » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:45 pm

bennith13 wrote:Saul you do know that the trial is set for May 2009. Regardless of what happens then they will play this year in OKC.

I wouldnt' be so sure of that. It aint over till it's over.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#26 » by wiff » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:59 pm

So hmmm isn't it weird how Larbrd33 kept trying to come back but everyone saw right through him.

Now Saul shows up and is more gung ho than anyone in here thinking the Sonics are going to stay. Hmmmm it all seems a little fishy.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#27 » by djthesonicsfan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:12 am

What I remember most about the Cowboy was the two leg hops. He got way up. But never leaping off of one leg like most guys. Always wtih the two leg hop. Great jump stop too.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by Ex-hippie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Saul: give it up. (1) Desmond Mason was not a "legend" in Seattle. (2) He was never the next Jordan or even the next Rashard Lewis. (3) By the time he left, it was clear that he was no star and he was barely lamented; to say that people cared about him more than about GP just makes you look like, yes, a kook. (4) He is associated with Oklahoma as much or more than he is with Seattle. (5) No matter what people once thought of him, he has had some disastrous seasons since leaving Seattle and clearly no one thinks of him as a star or a legend now. (6) Unsourced allegations of how things are going in the rescission lawsuit are a waste of everyone's time. That is all. Now can this most asinine of threads suffer the quick death it deserves?
Saul
Banned User

Post#29 » by Saul » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Ex-hippie wrote:Saul: give it up. (1) Desmond Mason was not a "legend" in Seattle. (2) He was never the next Jordan or even the next Rashard Lewis. (3) By the time he left, it was clear that he was no star and he was barely lamented; to say that people cared about him more than about GP just makes you look like, yes, a kook. (4) He is associated with Oklahoma as much or more than he is with Seattle. (5) No matter what people once thought of him, he has had some disastrous seasons since leaving Seattle and clearly no one thinks of him as a star or a legend now. (6) Unsourced allegations of how things are going in the rescission lawsuit are a waste of everyone's time. That is all. Now can this most asinine of threads suffer the quick death it deserves?

This just seems overly negative. I mean I might be willing to just "give up" and "give into" the whole thing, but there's a trial about to happen and clearly mischievous stuff took place that was illegal and corrupt... so I'm not sure why everyone is buying into the media hype that this is a foregone conclusion. We'll see what happens. I still say this whole thing gets flipped at the last minute.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#30 » by jenn_gp » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Saul wrote:This just seems overly negative. I mean I might be willing to just "give up" and "give into" the whole thing, but there's a trial about to happen and clearly mischievous stuff took place that was illegal and corrupt..

This isn't the first time someone's told you this Saul. Schultz's trial doesn't start until June 2009. That's hardly anytime soon.

I give up. But not on this forum, as it's pretty clear of what new tactic you're trying to use LarBrd33. Kill us with craziness/stupidity...not sure which method you're currently using, but I'll go with crazy.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#31 » by Sweezo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:20 pm

wiff wrote:So hmmm isn't it weird how Larbrd33 kept trying to come back but everyone saw right through him.

Now Saul shows up and is more gung ho than anyone in here thinking the Sonics are going to stay. Hmmmm it all seems a little fishy.

It's not fishy at all since he registered right after that debacle. I can't fathom what kind of person would be willing to spend the amount of time required to be an internet troll. I have no idea why he thinks he's fooling anyone...
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by Ex-hippie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:02 pm

There was a lenghty article about the troll culture in last week's NY Times magazine. Fascinating story on these little d-bags who actually have a very high opinion of themselves. They claim to be doing society a favor by casting light on paranoia and self-importance. The argument was strangely reminiscent of the claim by professional hackers and virus creators that ruining a few people's lives is all for the greater good, as it exposes vulnerabilities. None of these people realize how low on the food chain they really are.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#33 » by Sweezo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:55 pm

Or how easy it is to dispose of them. You'd think LarBrd33 would have understood that after the "three days, three aliases, three bans" timeframe.
MrLarBrd33
Banned User

Post#34 » by MrLarBrd33 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:25 am

Sweezo wrote:Or how easy it is to dispose of them. You'd think LarBrd33 would have understood that after the "three days, three aliases, three bans" timeframe.

Lol I had to create an account after being linked to this thread. I didn't realize I was this popular. Ban Saul! Do it! It's me in disguise! :lol:

Guys I was officially "banned" from RealGM on the day the news of the settlement came out. Believe it or not, I was actually a pretty supportive fan of the team and attended a lot of games while they were here. I got frustrated by news, jokingly suggested we burn down Key Arena and basically said "so how soon till this place becomes the Oklahoma board?". I basically was made an example of using the "zero tollerance" policy. I'll miss you RealGM.

Off with Saul's head!

:roll:
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by BenjaminH » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:36 am

Saul wrote:... the next Jordan.

Harold Miner
Saul2
Banned User

Post#36 » by Saul2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:13 pm

MrLarBrd33 wrote:
Sweezo wrote:Or how easy it is to dispose of them. You'd think LarBrd33 would have understood that after the "three days, three aliases, three bans" timeframe.

Lol I had to create an account after being linked to this thread. I didn't realize I was this popular. Ban Saul! Do it! It's me in disguise! :lol:

Guys I was officially "banned" from RealGM on the day the news of the settlement came out. Believe it or not, I was actually a pretty supportive fan of the team and attended a lot of games while they were here. I got frustrated by news, jokingly suggested we burn down Key Arena and basically said "so how soon till this place becomes the Oklahoma board?". I basically was made an example of using the "zero tollerance" policy. I'll miss you RealGM.

Off with Saul's head!

:roll:

Can someone explain to me why my account was banned? When I try to log in as Saul it says "your account has been banned for trolling and taunting Sonic fans." ?? If I was "trolling and taunting" Sonic fans I didn't receive a warning from anyone. I admit I'm not actually in Seattle (I'm at a military base right now) but I don't think I anything I said was trolling or taunting. It says to contact a forum mod, but I'm not sure how to do that.

And I was banned before I could even respond to some of your messages. I am off base during the weekends. Why is MrLarBrd33 saying he is the same person as me?
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#37 » by jenn_gp » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Good lord, I am so sick of this.
Saul2
Banned User

Post#38 » by Saul2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:30 pm

I'd think a moderator would be able to tell if I was the same person as another poster. I'm not even in Seattle. I feel like this whole thing goes back to those racially charged comments earlier in this thread unfairly directed towards me. Or even if you want to claim he was calling me a "crazyperson" (for no reason)... kinda bunk.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#39 » by bennith13 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:44 pm

OK Saul here is your warning. Stop posting. If you want to post here fine, as long as your are adding something. Although, I am not sure how that is going to happen with your limited knowledge of the word kook. Your act is getting old.
Saul2
Banned User

Post#40 » by Saul2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Bennit, in my culture, kook is a derogatory slang word and offensive. Sorry if things have been lost in translation. And really I'm confused why everyone is so hostile. If something I have said has been lost in translation on YOUR end I guess I am sorry for that too? This isn't a private forum, right? What are you giving me a warning for? Posting at all?

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball