TI: BULLS/Suns/OKC

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,890

TI: BULLS/Suns/OKC 

Post#1 » by NashtyNas » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:28 am

So, someone on the Suns board came up with Diaw for Ben Gordon, and I thought of a better idea which I feel helps both teams. You guys are going to try to run as much as possible, and with the lack of bigs you guys have, I think this trade really helps you depth wise. Helps OKC continue their youth movement with Ty Thomas. Obviously a good deal for the Suns.

Bulls outgoing:

Tyrus Thomas
Cedric Simmons
Ben Gordon (S&T 5yr/50mil)

Bulls incoming:
Leandro Barbosa
Boris Diaw
Alando Tucker
Suns 2011 Second Rounder

Suns outgoing:
Leandro Barbosa
Boris Diaw
Alando Tucker
2011 Second Round Pick
2012 First Round pick

Suns incoming:
Ben Gordon
Chris Wilcox

OKC outgoing:
Chris Wilcox

OKC incoming:
Tyrus Thomas
Cedric Simmons
Suns 2012 First Rounder

Sun's lose a lot of depth and would need to sign another vet min player, but I think this works out for all teams. THOUGHTS?

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Re: TI: BULLS/Suns/OKC 

Post#2 » by wiff » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:37 pm

My thougts are this isn't the OKC board. Try over there.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#3 » by jenn_gp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:14 pm

sd1306 wrote:So, someone on the Suns board came up with Diaw for Ben Gordon, and I thought of a better idea which I feel helps both teams. You guys are going to try to run as much as possible, and with the lack of bigs you guys have, I think this trade really helps you depth wise.Helps OKC continue their youth movement with Ty Thomas. Obviously a good deal for the Suns.

You know, there is a difference between this board and the OKC board....don't put us in the same group. If I could give you any thoughts, it'd be to read the "THIS IS NOT THE OKC BOARD" stickied thread.
Not trying to be rude, but what kind of response are you hoping to get when we have a thread specifically telling posters from other teams to make trade inquiries on the OKC board?
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#4 » by Dick Tate » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:59 pm

http://okc.realgm.com/
Fix the damn links at the bottom of this page!
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#5 » by BenjaminH » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:37 pm

I would definitely do it as OKC. Thomas has incredible potential, at least enough to offset the loss of Wilcox. Besides, OKC has way too many PFs as is, so losing Wilcox wouldn't really hurt. The pick makes it a definite "yes". I wouldn't be very excited about Simmons, but he may be a usable bench player.

I think it is a very interesting idea for PHX, but they probably give up too much. Sure, Barbosa and Diaw are supposedly on the market. I guess Gordon would make up for Barbosa. (Would Gordon really sign a 5 year $50 million contract?) Wilcox is a decent fit. But Diaw is more versatile, and, I think, a better fit. Tucker isn't just a throw in. And adding the picks makes it kind of unfair. Perhaps they shouldn't include the first.

I think this is pretty good value for CHI, and they may take an offer like that if Gordon forces a trade. But I would think that they would do whatever they could to keep Thomas. They would probably include Noah first (which, by the way, may be a better fit for OKC with their glut of PFs). CHI is still going to have a glut of guards, so Barbosa isn't the best fit, but it is still pretty good value.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 pm

Honest to God...

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball