1987 NBA West Semifinals: Sonics Vs Rockets - Game 6

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

TheUrbanZealot
Junior
And1: 4

1987 NBA West Semifinals: Sonics Vs Rockets - Game 6 

Post#1 » by TheUrbanZealot » Mon Sep 1, 2008 3:27 am

All I know is i remember being 10 yrs old and up till like midnight watching this game. Between that game, Game 5 1994 Den vs Sea, and Game 6 1996 Chi vs Sea, I don't know if I have ever been more amp'd up.

That game though was so spectacular that I've been wanting to get a copy of it for a long time. If my memory serves correct, didn't Chambers have like a monster dunk in the closing seconds of OT? Didn't Olajuwon have his most legendary game ever? Like close to 50 pts, 25 boards, 6-7 blocks?

Man that was such a fun era for Sonics basketball. I rate that as the best game I've ever seen for the Sonics, to this day.

Does anyone have a copy of that and if so can you upload it??
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Re: 1987 NBA West Semifinals: Sonics Vs Rockets - Game 6 

Post#2 » by OzSonic » Tue Sep 2, 2008 5:14 am

I have a copy of it, I can upload it but I don't think I'm aloud to advertise in here. I've been told off before for talking about game DVD's and torrents. If I get the all clear from Sweezo I'll upload it.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#3 » by jenn_gp » Tue Sep 2, 2008 6:00 pm

I hope you're only asking for a copy of the Sonics-Rockets game. Asking for a copy of the 1994 Game 5 vs. the Nuggets is like asking for a ticket to commit suicide. That game will forever be burned in my memory...that feeling I felt after we loss was unreal. My house was no a very happy place for at least a week after the game.

I'd have to actually agree with Urban that the '90's was the greatest era of Sonics basketball for me. I was born pretty much a Sonics fan. I used to go to games with my mom, dad, & grandpa when I was little. But the years we consistently went to the playoffs was just magical for me in the '90's. I will never forget our run in 1996. Sadly, that has to be one of the best years in my life. I was in the 8th grade at the time. My entire schedule revolved on whether or not the Sonics were playing..and at my first boy-girl dance, I ended up leaving my date (who I had a huge crush on for years) halfway through because I couldn't stand not being able to watch game 1 vs. the Bulls, even though my Dad was taping it for me.

There are lots of memories that stand out for me from that decade. I wish over the last 2-3 years people in Seattle could remember how fun those times were instead of gauging their interest on the current situation. Back then the Sonics were Seattle.
OzSonic
Starter

Post#4 » by OzSonic » Wed Sep 3, 2008 1:07 am

jenn_gp wrote:I hope you're only asking for a copy of the Sonics-Rockets game.

Of course, the other game I will never watch again like you it is burned in my memory.
TheUrbanZealot
Junior
And1: 4

Post#5 » by TheUrbanZealot » Thu Sep 4, 2008 2:54 am

lol...i don't think I've ever felt more numb and then relieved when Payton missed that shot and then Kendall Gill tipped it in. I thought at that point, finally, the Sonics had learned their lesson and would just take over in OT. The problem is they didn't have the killer instinct, and let the Nuggets get just enough confidence to overcome defeat. I, to this day, have stated that that team in 94' was our best team EVER. We had the deepest team in the NBA. We had no Michael Jordan in the league. We had the best record in the NBA. I was for certain Seattle would win the championship that year. I remember being a senior in high school when that happened, it was very hard to suck up...

I actually primarily want a copy of the 1987 game. If you haven't seen it Jenn, you are missing an amazing piece of Sonics history. The most thrilling game we've had yet, I say...

Oz why not just post a link? I mean what's going to happen, you get banned on a forum that's going to end soon anyways? lol
OzSonic
Starter

Post#6 » by OzSonic » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:48 am

TheUrbanZealot wrote:Oz why not just post a link? I mean what's going to happen, you get banned on a forum that's going to end soon anyways? lol

Alrighty then I'll do it tomorrow sometime. 8-)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:56 am

There will be no uploading of copyrighted materials...

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball