Kevin Pritchard, Portland GM on KJR

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Kevin Pritchard, Portland GM on KJR 

Post#1 » by yearsago » Tue Sep 2, 2008 9:12 pm

You knew this was coming.

Sigh.
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Re: Kevin Pritchard, Portland GM on KJR 

Post#2 » by jenn_gp » Tue Sep 2, 2008 9:20 pm

I really wish KJR would just shun the NBA like they did to us. I can totally see Groz & Gas caving, but not Softy. He seemed pretty fed up with the NBA.

I guess they are running out of things to talk about though...the M's suck even though they are winning as of late (go figure), but you'd think the Seahawks starting the season would leave them much to talk about considering last cuts were made over the weekend.
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#3 » by GOBlazers » Thu Sep 4, 2008 6:42 am

What did KP say? I've been in Seattle the past few days, so I haven't been keeping up with the latests news. PS, Bumbershoot was great, anyone else go?
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Thu Sep 4, 2008 5:01 pm

GOBlazers wrote:PS, Bumbershoot was great, anyone else go?

Yeah, I went all three days. I had a great time. Although with tickets, food, beer, parking, and some purchased artwork it takes a hit on the wallet. What did you see? For me, highlights included:

--Dan Deacon in the exhibition hall, blaring indie techno music while organizing kids into races up and down the length of the hall. And a dance off. Stupid, stupid fun.

--Band of Horses.

--Man Man. I'd really been looking forward to seeing them and I was not disappointed.

--Battles.

--Tapes 'N Tapes.

--Strange Fruit. I don't know how long I spent staring at that performance but it was amazing.

--Two drunk guys I saw who were rocking out in the crowd with ears of corn.

--Shouting "Death Cab is boring!" as loud as possible to the horror of a million 'tweens while Superchunk was on-stage.

--Another short set by the Black Keys. Seriously, these guys were half the reason I went and they were done after a half hour.
nwsports253
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by nwsports253 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 7:01 pm

I heard Beck was pretty good, I went to the Gorge and save Dave its was pretty good, not as good as last year though.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Thu Sep 4, 2008 8:18 pm

I wasn't a huge fan of Beck's show...he went with a straight ahead rock show. Kinda took some of the personality out of his album work, and halfway through I left to see !!! instead.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball