Fantasy Basketball

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,918

Re: Fantasy Basketball 

Post#61 » by Dick Tate » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:47 pm

The commish in the head2head league dropped my team an hour before the draft yesterday to make it an even number of teams. That blows! :( I was looking forward to taking you guys on in the head2head format. Drag...
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#62 » by BenjaminH » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Yeah, Wiff and I noticed and discussed that in the draft. That sucks. We hoped to play with you too.

Sweezo, your email address is still available on one of our Yahoo leagues. I think I found you ...
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#63 » by wiff » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:09 am

Way to go Dick! You would have just eatin my dust anyways!

But seriously that sucked I was hoping to play with you. But you can still eat my dust in Ben's league.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#64 » by Sweezo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:20 am

BenjaminH wrote:Yeah, Wiff and I noticed and discussed that in the draft. That sucks. We hoped to play with you too.

Sweezo, your email address is still available on one of our Yahoo leagues. I think I found you ...

Yep, that's me. Nice work, detective. :D
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by Ex-hippie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 am

Sweezo wrote:
BenjaminH wrote:
Sweezo wrote:How the hell did you find him? I just joined on there today for some reason...I'm pretty easy to locate.

Our full names were revealed when we emailed trade proposals last year. Well my email account would say: you've received an email from [Ex-Hippie's full name]. I assume that is how he found my name. And then he probably remembered it and searched for me in Facebook.

Ahhh...I noticed you e-mail in my junk mail but forgot to save it. I was thinking of adding some of my Sonic faithful if they didn't mind.

Sorry, I'd been neglecting this board lately. Yep, you found me.
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#66 » by Dick Tate » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:47 am

wiff wrote:Way to go Dick! You would have just eatin my dust anyways!

But seriously that sucked I was hoping to play with you. But you can still eat my dust in Ben's league.

Will do. Good to hear you joined that one too.
The commish wrote me back and agreed it was unfair and that he should've just dropped the last team that had joined. Too late to do anything about it now though. I posted my plight on the thread where I saw this league first mentioned. I offered to take over anyone's team who may decide they weren't interested in doing the league. So who knows... maybe someone will hate their draft and decide to punt (meaning i'd probaby get the team that ended up drafting both Arenas and Ginobili :)).
AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect

Post#67 » by AbdicatedReign » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:05 am

Just signed up. I'm sure I'll be horrible, as I haven't been paying any attention to the NBA at all (a weird feeling, some highlights from the Heat/Nets pre-season game came on, and I couldn't tell who was on the floor, a definite first), but I wanted to keep in touch with you guys, at least somewhat.
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#68 » by Dick Tate » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Dick Tate wrote:Too late to do anything about it now though.

Looks like I was wrong there. The commish emailed me that if nobody dropped their team in the next week, he'd let me take over his since he has three other leagues. So it looks like i'll be in one way or another. Y'all may end up having to deal with me as commish though. 8-)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Sweezo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Who is in what league? I'm so freaking confused...
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#70 » by Dick Tate » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:56 pm

I was talking about the head to head league, which was started up on a Blazers site but is half filled with RealGM Sonics fans. Ben's roto league is the one we're trying to keep pure Sonics fans to serve as our sanctuary. Join!
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by BenjaminH » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Our roto league has filled out quiet nicely. 14 members. I think I capped it at 14. We could kick out non RealGM fans, however, if anyone from this board wants to join.

Do you guys think we should go ahead and do the draft this weekend?

That is, after we hash-out stat-categories and roster size. So far, Oz is the only one that offered input. Well, Dick did a little. It would be great to hear from others.
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#72 » by OzSonic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:58 am

If you can add Fouls, 3PT% I'd be more than happy to go ahead. I'd also like a bigger roster but you seem quite against it,. I thought it was at 9 but there is only 7 which is a lot worse. Could we at least add 2 bench positions? Adding another G and F position as well would be even better! That bumps it up to 11 which is not to large.

How would you feel about starting the draft 3 hours later? I know I'm in the minority here but it's at 4:30 AM Australian time and I can't make it. I'm happy to leave it again and auto draft but if it is possible I would really appreciate a later start.
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#73 » by Dick Tate » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:06 am

I'm not against drafting this weekend but i'd still rather do the 26th (anytime during the day, either day is cool) due to the preseason trends & injuries reason I mentioned earlier. No biggie either way.

Fouls & 3pt% sound fine.

Rosters: I think we should stick with 7 starters but have at least 5 bench spots instead of only 2. IMO this would cut down on roster churning since it would be easier to fill up the starting line-up more often. Also, on the nights where most of your players are active, this would make it more interesting and more of a challenge having to decide who to start and who to bench, vs just mindlessly plugging in whichever players happen to be active that night.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by BenjaminH » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:22 am

Those stat categories sound fine; as I said, I don't feel strongly about this topic. And I'm not against making the rosters 11-12, or somewhere in that ballpark. Basically, whatever you guys want ...

Again, if anyone from this board still wants to join, I could kick someone out and/or increase the number of teams.
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#75 » by OzSonic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:15 am

Dick Tate wrote:Rosters: I think we should stick with 7 starters but have at least 5 bench spots instead of only 2. IMO this would cut down on roster churning since it would be easier to fill up the starting line-up more often. Also, on the nights where most of your players are active, this would make it more interesting and more of a challenge having to decide who to start and who to bench, vs just mindlessly plugging in whichever players happen to be active that night.

That sounds like a great idea. Do that!

Any chance of delaying the draft 3 hrs. 8-)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Sweezo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:21 am

BenjaminH wrote:Those stat categories sound fine; as I said, I don't feel strongly about this topic. And I'm not against making the rosters 11-12, or somewhere in that ballpark. Basically, whatever you guys want ...

Again, if anyone from this board still wants to join, I could kick someone out and/or increase the number of teams.

I'd like to get in if I could
jsonic007
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by jsonic007 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:03 pm

I'd like to play. My first Fantasy League was here. Do you remember guys? I lead nearly all the way, losing in the last 2 weeks I guess.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by BenjaminH » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:52 pm

Okay, let's keep the draft date the same, just to make sure all of the loose ends are taken care of. Also, I think I'd be okay with pushing the draft time back a little. Others?

I would like to find a way for Sweezo and Jsonic to join. We could do one of two things: expand the number of teams to 16 or kickout two of the teams. The downside is that 16 teams might be a bit much. Part of the reason I asked for introductions on the Yahoo League board is to make sure we're all Sonics fans. There are 4 team managers I'm not familiar with. Two of them, I'm pretty sure, are Sonics fans. This is because their team names are "FU Clay" and "Skyway Sonics". The other two, I have no idea. They are "TeamFAAACK!" and "Still Strong". There is a slight chance they're holdover OKC fans who didn't quit the league when I asked them to. One thing I could do is email them, ask them to confirm that they are Sonics fans (how they found out about this league, etc.). And then possibly kick them out. But doing that sounds a little bit vicious. What do you guys think?
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by BenjaminH » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:03 am

Okay, I added 3pt% and Fouls. I kind of want to add FT attempted or, possibly FT made. What do you guys think?

For the roster, I made it 8 (PG, G, SG, SF, PF, F, C, UT) and 4 (BN). So, instead of taking your 7 and 5 suggestion, I did 8 and 4, but to compensate, instead of your suggestion of three utility players, we'll only have one, and then one guard and one forward. This will make roster flexibility all the more important, which I think will be good. What do you think about this roster set-up?

Also, if we do decide to increase the league to 16 members, I'd suggest subtracting a bench player. As is, the last rounds of the draft are going to be pretty slim pickings.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by BenjaminH » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 am

To sum up, here are the league settings as of right now:

League ID#: 49142
League Name: RealGMSonicsFans
Password: Seattle
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... sonicsfans
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sun Oct 26 10:30am PDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 5, 2009
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Monday, Oct 27
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, PF

Please comment on anything you'd like me to change.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball