Shouldn't REALGM take this board off?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

killermamba
Sophomore
And1: 1

Shouldn't REALGM take this board off? 

Post#1 » by killermamba » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:04 am

I don't understand why the Seattle Supersonics board is still open? It's not even in existence anymore. It's like having Vancouver Grizzlies board, pointless and looks very outdated and unprofessional. Sorry!
Jimmy103
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Shouldn't REALGM take this board off? 

Post#2 » by Jimmy103 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 am

I think the circumstances between the Seattle Supersonics and the Vancouver Grizzlies are just SLLLLLIGHTLY different.

Keep the board, Seattle will hopefully get a team soon enough
Ron Artesticle
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#3 » by Ron Artesticle » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:05 pm

if by SLLLLLIGHTLY you mean PREEETTYYY SIMMMMILAR.......then i agree
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#4 » by jenn_gp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:44 pm

^What happened in Vancouver compared to what happened here is way different. Do you even know how long the Sonics were a franchise in Seattle? This was a well supported team that got taken away from its city due to greed on both sides. I'm not trying to be rude, but it really upsets me when people barge into a forum not their own to show the only reason why they are posting there in the first place is to post-pad. You obviously know nothing about what happened..why do you think what happened to us and what happened to Vancouver is the same thing, other than the obvious, meaning they are both relocated franchises. What makes us the same?
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#5 » by Downtown » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Let's see, In Vancouver's case is was about a greedy owner who bought the team to make money and when the Canadian dollar was valued at .63 cents U.S. he found the opportunity to lie and said he lost $30 mil when after the move it was shown by an accounting firm to be $10mil. There's no denying that the canadian dollar hurt the financial picture but Heisley was unwilling to ride it out after only owning the team for one year. It seemed planned by David Stern all along. Heisley found a city that paid for a new arena for him.

In Seattle it was a case of a shady owner who lied about his efforts to keep the team in Seattle and had a secret agenda all along to move the team to his hometown and e-mails proved he lied to get his way. And it looks like David Stern backed him when Stern was treated poorly by the Washington State and Seattle elected officials when he told them to fork over $500mil for a new arena and they told him where to go. Oklahoma city gave him a sweetheart deal on an arena and are paying for a big upgrade.

So yeah, I see the comparisons. Two shady, low life characters that lied to get their way and had their lapdog, David Stern pull the strings to get their way even though both franchises were supported decently considering how lousy both teams were.

As far as the Sonics forum goes if you read the comments from the moderator, and most of the fans that are still lingering, it looks like once the season begins it will be ended, with perhaps a sub forum in one of the other Seattle sports teams forums on realgm. But that's not in stone as far as I know.
Ron Artesticle
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#6 » by Ron Artesticle » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:40 pm

Downtown wrote:Let's see, In Vancouver's case is was about a greedy owner who bought the team to make money and when the Canadian dollar was valued at .63 cents U.S. he found the opportunity to lie and said he lost $30 mil when after the move it was shown by an accounting firm to be $10mil. There's no denying that the canadian dollar hurt the financial picture but Heisley was unwilling to ride it out after only owning the team for one year. It seemed planned by David Stern all along. Heisley found a city that paid for a new arena for him.

In Seattle it was a case of a shady owner who lied about his efforts to keep the team in Seattle and had a secret agenda all along to move the team to his hometown and e-mails proved he lied to get his way. And it looks like David Stern backed him when Stern was treated poorly by the Washington State and Seattle elected officials when he told them to fork over $500mil for a new arena and they told him where to go. Oklahoma city gave him a sweetheart deal on an arena and are paying for a big upgrade.

So yeah, I see the comparisons. Two shady, low life characters that lied to get their way and had their lapdog, David Stern pull the strings to get their way even though both franchises were supported decently considering how lousy both teams were.

As far as the Sonics forum goes if you read the comments from the moderator, and most of the fans that are still lingering, it looks like once the season begins it will be ended, with perhaps a sub forum in one of the other Seattle sports teams forums on realgm. But that's not in stone as far as I know.

thank-you good sir
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:59 pm

killermamba wrote:I don't understand why the Seattle Supersonics board is still open? It's not even in existence anymore. It's like having Vancouver Grizzlies board, pointless and looks very outdated and unprofessional. Sorry!

You don't post here, and you don't own these boards, so maybe it's something you don't need to worry yourself about.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball