John Mcgrath's article (Losing Sonics not that bad)

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

John Mcgrath's article (Losing Sonics not that bad) 

Post#1 » by yearsago » Mon Oct 6, 2008 12:17 pm

Has anyone read this pile of crap? Basically saying that Losing the Sonics not that bad, as something better will happen to the Seattle area. wtf.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/so ... 99904.html

ugh.
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Re: John Mcgrath's article (Losing Sonics not that bad) 

Post#2 » by jenn_gp » Mon Oct 6, 2008 3:24 pm

I read the first couple paragraphs and couldn't read it anymore.

Yesterday I was thinking the exact opposite from him. In a way, I am actually happy that the Seahawks are having a tough first half of the season so that those Seattle bandwagoner fans can sort of take the blinders off. They will eventually want to turn their attention to something else and won't be able to because the Sonics are gone and Husky football sucks. We'll have to see when it comes to Husky basketball...

IMO Seattle doesn't deserve to have anything good happen to them. They let the Sonics leave without even flinching about it. I am so fed up with the Seattle fan right now, I have had a tough time getting into any other sports the past few months, except the Olympics.

The only thing that could be 'better' for Seattle is if somehow all the yuppie bandwagoners were smoked out of town. They make me sick.

John McGrath is dellusional..he should be upset the Sonics are gone..it's his job to report on sports for the Tacoma/Seattle area. He basically has nothing to write about other than crappy Seahawks and Husky teams.
24K_Gold
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by 24K_Gold » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:54 pm

jenn,just take it one day at a time babygirl.don't give up on life just yet cause at the end of the day it's just a game.so before you harm yourself or someone else just think about the real important issues that we all face like... palin being our V.P!
trust me...i know what the hell i'm talking about!
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#4 » by Dick Tate » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:20 pm

VP - the true power broker of the United States. LMAO!
Where would we be without the wonderful propaganda machine that we refer to as news organizations?
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#5 » by wiff » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 am

Today I was listening to two local honks over here in Spokane lamenting how all the local sports suck. And one idiot was proud of the fact that he doesn't know anything that has happened during the preseason of the NBA. (A caller brought up Adam Morrison and Kyle Weaver and their situations.)

They preceeded to go on about how sports fans are looking to reach out to anything to get their minds off how they lost a ton of cash with their 401k's or that they simply need something to entertain them in the sports world.

Of course I was just smiling telling myself that's exactly what you get for simply not giving a crap about the Sonics and simply letting them Waltz out of town. One of the idots has had his show forever over here and last year you couldn't pay him to talk about the Sonics or even their situation.

So enjoy the Mariners, Seahawks, and Pac-10 football ineptness because that's what we have to look forward to for now on.

Man I'd love to stick my boot up their arse

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball