"Farewell" Thread

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

"Farewell" Thread 

Post#1 » by Sweezo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 am

Seeing as this board is being relocated (fitting...ha) as I mention in the announcement at the top of the board, I figured a proper farewell thread was in order. I know many have said their goodbyes, but this is probably the best opportunity to send this board off in style.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Re: "Farewell" Thread 

Post#2 » by carrottop12 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:07 am

Goodbye Sonics from Jazz fans everywhere. You were always worth opponents and an entertaining fan base. I will never forget the Stockton/Malone vs. Payton/Kemp match ups in the 90's. Truly epic.

Farewell and good luck!
hijacktheparade
Starter
And1: 4

Post#3 » by hijacktheparade » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:10 pm

The whole situation is just really unfortunate. I'll miss them.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#4 » by CourtsideTV » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:12 pm

this reallyu sucks..before magic got their new arena planned out we were on verge of relocating. It would've sucked being a magic fan since birth..Hope you guys get a new team as the NBA expands.

I remember kemp/payton days..good times.
Work Hard
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#5 » by jenn_gp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Bye everyone! Wait...if we're being relocated I won't say bye..I'll just see you later!
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#6 » by Dick Tate » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Well, at least the trolls will have a tougher time finding us in the Mariners forum, lol (Unless of course the OKC team page still links to it). For anyone who wants a more private place to keep in touch, join Ben's roto league. Should be fun.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#7 » by jenn_gp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Dick, what's a roto league? Is it Fantasy basketball? I can't do fantasy bball, I don't know how and I would only embarass myself (even more than I already have here these past 5 years).

BTW People, you better all continue to post in the Sonics forum! If you quit I will find you and lemme tell you this--if I have to come find you, it won't be pretty! PLEASE CONTINUE TO POST!

And yes Dick, the best thing about this is that hopefully all the trolls will go away.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#8 » by BenjaminH » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Jenn, a year ago I didn't know how to do it either. But last year I tried for the first time with fellow RealGM Sonics Fans. I ended up winning and embarrassing all of Fantasy Basketball veterans. Try it.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#9 » by bennith13 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:30 pm

I am not saying by or anything like that. I am sure I will still all see you here with the Seahawks and Mariners.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by BenjaminH » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:30 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have much interest in the Seahawks and Mariners.

But I'll check in every now and then.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#11 » by jenn_gp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

^Ben I don't really follow the M's or Seahawks either..but will continue to post here when the forum relocates. I plan on posting in the other two boards as well if no one decides to post in the Sonics forum. I apologize for my ignorance about not knowing too much about football in advance!

I really didn't know how to feel the last time the topic of our forum moving came up, but I am completely happy about it now. Hopefully we can still chat and not have people unfamiliar come in here and tell us we're all acting bitter and should get over it. We can all wallow in our own pity if we please! :)
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#12 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:26 am

good by from a blazer fan, the i-5 rivral was a good one, you guys won the the all time series 96 games to 92, i wont count the thunder as the rivlry so congrates you beat us , i hope you guys all get a new team up there soon
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#13 » by DIEHARD_005 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Goodbye from a Raps fan. I'll miss clicking on the drop down menu and not seeing the Sonics right above the Raps board. I've followed the Sonics situation from a distance since Bennett took control of the team and I've visited your board pretty frequently...you guys definitely had passionate fans even during a really hard season on the floor and off. I admired the SOS initiative and thought it was a very good idea...even watching that youtube video of the Sonics' last home game and hearing the fans chant 'Save our Sonics' gives me the chills. Your situation has made me realize how easy it could potentially be for Stern to back an owner to move a franchise with such a deep history and such passionate fans and it's a scary thought. I hope you guys will be back in the NBA sooner rather than later. Cheers!

PS In my 2K8 franchise I played with the Sonics and won several NBA titles with them...for what it's worth :)
aschneider970
Senior

Post#14 » by aschneider970 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:58 am

good bye and good luck. i never really came to this board but i feel kind of sad that its relocating

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball