Who wants to Flog me?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Who wants to Flog me? 

Post#1 » by wiff » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:30 am

Who wants to Flog me?

Well I'm about to cross the line I said I wasn't going to. I am going to watch a preseason NBA game between the team I hate most (The OKC Thunder) against the team I use to hate most (The Lakers).

I am going to watch this game for three reasons.

#1 I want to see if Durant put on any weight.
#2 I want to watch Westbrook
#3 I want to see the Petro vs Bynum match up.

To be honest I'm not sure if I can make it through the whole thing so I sent out the wife to go buy some rum to make the watch a little easier.

I'm not sure really what to expect emotionally.

I could laugh, cry, or simply go into hysterics.

So I guess at the end of tonight I might not be proud of myself but at least I'll be drunk.

Sounds like most Fridays nights during College.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,918

Re: Who wants to Flog me? 

Post#2 » by Dick Tate » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:39 am

I've missed your leather/bondage pics. :)

wiff wrote:I am going to watch this game for three reasons.

#1 I want to see if Durant put on any weight.
#2 I want to watch Westbrook
#3 I want to see the Petro vs Bynum match up.

I watched the game but not for any of those reasons. I'm glad I did. It made me realize that those players no longer play for the team I once rooted for. It's like they all play for an expansion team now. Calabro announcing did make it a bit surreal though.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#3 » by bennith13 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:07 am

I watched the game as well. Made me really happy that OKC lost. I cant wait for Durant and Green to leave in FA.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#4 » by jenn_gp » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:08 am

Sadly I watched as well. I didn't know the game was on until I started flipping channels at the start of the 3rd quarter though. Could it have been any worse for us that our guy was calling the game too? Sheesh ESPN, way to put a dagger through out hearts a little bit deeper.

The biggest things I thought about was how happy that 1) I didn't have to fake cheer for Damien Wilkins. I don't care how many point that boy scores a night, I can't stand him. It's like he thinks he's a bigtime player, always taking shots. It drives me insane. 2) Then i quickly realized that I would give anything to have to fake root for Damien if it meant the team was still our's. 3) I said this on Facebook but I'll say it again...Petro looks way different bald. He almost resembled KG out there, I have to do a serious double take the first time I saw him tonight.

In other words, I didn't go too indepth into my observations. I just don't care enough to over analyze these players anymore due to their crappy owner.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#5 » by wiff » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:56 pm

I actually only caught parts of the game last night and I was fine with that. My wife ended up inviting a friend from down the street over and we ended up having dinner together.

But I think Durant has answered the question if he can fill out. KC said he put on ten pounds and Durant looks like it. So that kid should be a serious monster just in time to leave OKC.

Westbrook has some crazy hops, he's going to be a nice player. But thank god PJ gave me some Earl Watson for most of the first half. I can't get enough of Earl Watson.

Side note did anyone watch the Bulls, Bucks game or highlights?

I barely caught it but it looked like there was a little tussle going on between Richard Jefferson and Nocioni then Hinrich pushed Jefferson and tough guy/enforcer, "baby face" Ridnour pushed Hinrich in the back like he was ready to go. I was waiting for Ridnour to do his best WWE flex.

Lucky for all of us if the Buck's wind up in Seattle at least we'll get Luke back.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#6 » by jenn_gp » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:09 pm

I hope we don't even think about taking the Bucks out of Milwaukee. Plus, I don't want to have to sit and watch Luke decide if he wants to be a good NBA player or not. He can't make up his mind..every other year he seems to show a reason why he can be a good pg in the league. Part of that can be blamed on the people who's coached him (Hill & Carlesimo) and has messed with his head. But the part is his fault for not playing very well either.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,918

Post#7 » by Dick Tate » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Luke better be careful, he might end up with an elbow to the nose and miss half the season.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#8 » by jenn_gp » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Random thought: Oh how I miss the days we used to argue about Luke vs. Earl.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#9 » by BenjaminH » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 am

Luke is going to have a better season.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball