Blazers to play game in key arena

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Blazers to play game in key arena 

Post#1 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:12 am

Thought i would pass this along, i heard it on the radio down here in portland we will be playing up in seattle against the suns in the preseason on october 14th i belive, thought some of you woul be intrested if not im sorry for wasteing your time
Peace out
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Re: Blazers to play game in key arena 

Post#2 » by jenn_gp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how many of us are interested.

I'm more interested to hear how Blazer fans feel about this. I won't be going..gee, thanks NBA for throwing us a pre-season game! Lots of people are still really sour over what went down last year.

I know some of the Blazers have strong ties with the city of Seattle, but to me, it seems like the NBA or whoever is trying to organize this event is trying to force Seattle to become Blazer fans, which is something I will never be. Due to lack of activity by both the city of Seattle and the NBA, it feels like becoming a Blazers fan is the only option left. I'm probably taking it the wrong way, but I'm one of those people who is still very angry over losing the Sonics. Maybe it's just an opportunity for Brandon Roy and Nate McMillan fans to watch them win a game. Who knows?
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager

Post#3 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:38 am

from my point of view and i think the blaer manegment see it as paying a small tribute to the sonics since like you said many of our players have strong roots in seattle and the sonics are a big part of bazer histroy, the i-5 rively was a damn good one, i dont thinkk the NBA decided hey lets play a game in seattle i thinkk it was more of blazer manaegment bring it to the nba ffor aprovel

JayMoney20
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JayMoney20 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 am

With all due respect Jeff, this has nothing to do with the Trailblazers management paying a tribute to the Sonics. It's all about business. The Trailblazers management see an opportunity to try to grab some fans from this market. The Sonics leaving greatly expanded Portland's potential reach, and the longer Seattle goes without the NBA, and I think it will be awhile, the more Portland will attempt to become the "regional" team, much like the Mariners and Seahawks.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,158

Post#5 » by slick_watts » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:12 pm

i hope nate gets booed..
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager

Post#6 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:34 am

JayMoney20 wrote:With all due respect Jeff, this has nothing to do with the Trailblazers management paying a tribute to the Sonics. It's all about business. The Trailblazers management see an opportunity to try to grab some fans from this market. The Sonics leaving greatly expanded Portland's potential reach, and the longer Seattle goes without the NBA, and I think it will be awhile, the more Portland will attempt to become the "regional" team, much like the Mariners and Seahawks.

i see your point , maybe its a mix of both

yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#7 » by yearsago » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:00 pm

jeffhardyfan52 wrote:from my point of view and i think the blaer manegment see it as paying a small tribute to the sonics since

Oh come on, the NBA is a business. This is about the Blazers trying to get $$$$$ from puget sound kind of like how the M's and Seahawks do down in the Willamette valley.
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball