MJ should move the Bobcats to Seattle

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

MJ should move the Bobcats to Seattle 

Post#1 » by 6_Rings » Mon Mar 1, 2010 4:00 am

and revive the Sonics.

thoughts?
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Re: MJ should move the Bobcats to Seattle 

Post#2 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Mon Mar 8, 2010 11:36 am

it be nice
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#3 » by wiff » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:58 am

He should but he won't. He isn't moving the team from N Carolina when he played college ball there.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#4 » by DelaneyRudd » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:30 pm

There has to be a modern arena in place or broken ground on for any chance of any team going there yet.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,938

Post#5 » by Jakay » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:31 pm

This would be great (and even better to Vancouver again) but the NBA has made it clear they don't like the rain.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#6 » by bennith13 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 am

How about the hornets?
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#7 » by jenn_gp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:24 am

Jakay wrote:This would be great (and even better to Vancouver again) but the NBA has made it clear they don't like the rain.

Yeah, cause the NBA isn't in Portland anymore either...
The NBA, or better yet, David Stern has made it clear he enjoys butt f'ing his buddy Clay Bennett.
The NBA can go to hell for all I care.
Capital Edge
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Capital Edge » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:12 am

I don't think you would ever want a team w/ Michael Jordan making front office decisions, let alone in the western conference.
SolomonSkyHook
Sophomore

Post#9 » by SolomonSkyHook » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:13 pm

What if Seattle and Vancouver were to work together?
Seattle(sonics, shark)/Vancouver(Viper), maybe the the Viper Sharks or something.

Split the Home games:
21 for Seattle
20 for Vancouver

-It'll increase the amount of support for the team.
-Could Have some Half-Half jerseys(like the Jordan Bulls/Wizards) though I personally love the old sonics jerseys.
-It like a 3hr drive between the cities, so a flight wouldn't be to bad.

-Would be the first team in history to play for 2 cities, in 2 different countries, at the same time.

Team Name could use some work
-What do you think?
Reasonable Fan
Banned User

Post#10 » by Reasonable Fan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:47 am

Don't people feel bad trying to steal another cities team? Isn't that the exact thing you guys got angry about in the first place?
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#11 » by Sweezo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:08 am

Reasonable Fan wrote:Don't people feel bad trying to steal another cities team?

Do you feel bad about assuming everyone who thinks Seattle should steal another city's team is a Sonics fan?

I only see one poster I recognized in this thread who was a long time poster when the Sonics were here, and she made it clear she has no interest in the NBA coming back to Seattle. That is a sentiment shared by many Sonics fans, myself included.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by bennith13 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 am

Reasonable Fan wrote:Don't people feel bad trying to steal another cities team? Isn't that the exact thing you guys got angry about in the first place?

Honestly, I did, but now after I see people like you post about the Sonics and the fans and about how we didn't do enough to try and keep the team I cant wait to steal another team. Hell, if they cared about their team they would do more to keep it right?
Reasonable Fan
Banned User

Post#13 » by Reasonable Fan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 am

Yup, all that has to happen for you to get a team is for another cities fanbase to care as much as yours did... care to venture a prediction on when this will be?

Seriously, it's called an argument in the alternative. I'm not the one who claimed fans should feel dirty about "stealing" your team, you did. So by that logic wouldn't it be just as bad for you to steal their team? Or don't you need to be consistent on a point of principle?
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by bennith13 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:01 pm

In order to pass an initiative to fund a stadium it takes more votes then just die hard fans. The situation up here was more complex then you present in your "alternate argument". But, if we are going to keep this simple and only talk about the emotional side of what was done or wasn't or what should have been done but wasn't then my simple answer is going to be I don't care about another cities fans if we have to steal a team. Certainly no one cared about us. I don't care if we get Memphis, Sacramento, Indiana or NO. I would prefer if it was one of the teams that had already moved once or twice because I really don't care about their fan bases. If there was this large out pouring of support and actual understanding of what happened up here then I probably would feel differently, but, people like you make really easy for me to only think selfishly.
Reasonable Fan
Banned User

Post#15 » by Reasonable Fan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:29 pm

so it was wrong of the Thunder fans to get your team, but it will be right when you steal another fanbase's team... clearly you have a right to judge others.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#16 » by Sweezo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:48 am

Reasonable Fan wrote:so it was wrong of the Thunder fans to get your team, but it will be right when you steal another fanbase's team... clearly you have a right to judge others.

You're about two years too late to troll this board, I'm afraid. So far, you have assumed:

[1] The Sonics left because not enough fans cared

[2] Sonics fans believe it is morally wrong to for another community to get a team

[3] Sonics fans actively want to take another NBA franchise

There was a time when I'd I have gladly debated each point with you, pointing out the lack of logic/foundation that the arguments are based on, but these points have all been argued to death and God only knows why some fan would feel the need to come here and bring this up now.

This board primarily exists because it once housed a tightly knit community that didn't need the additional punch in the face of seeing their 'home' cast into internet purgatory, and because one many people in that community hope to come back here when the Sonics return.

You've made it clear in other threads on this board that because of a few Sonics fans you talked to you simply don't like them. When someone posts a link that they say illustrates their point, you simply indicate that you're too lacy to click the link and therefore the point is ignored.

Most Sonics' fans wouldn't assume because some Spurs' fans are misguided doesn't mean they all are...but whatever. You mind is clearly made up and you clearly just feel like taking jabs at a fanbase that has already taken its fair share which I imagine is a fairly fulfilling way to live one's life.
Reasonable Fan
Banned User

Post#17 » by Reasonable Fan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 am

Best to leave graveyards for the dead, I agree. If you want to discuss it, there's a thread on the General Board going.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball