ImageImageImageImageImage

[Woj] Dennis and Thad for Dinwiddie (waived)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,464

Re: [Woj] Dennis and Thad for Dinwiddie (waived) 

Post#881 » by TimeForChange » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:27 pm

Sound familiar? :lol:

Suddenly, the normally verbose playmaker didn't feel like he had much of a say. Lakers coach Darvin Ham limited Russell's role while leaning more heavily on veteran guard Dennis Schroder for the series.

Russell knew Ham and Schroder's history went back nearly a decade to their time together with the Atlanta Hawks, where Ham was an assistant coach. Russell, meanwhile, had been around Ham for two months. (Schroder signed a two-year deal with the Toronto Raptors in the offseason and was traded to the Brooklyn Nets last month.)

"His relationship with Darvin is the reason I couldn't have a relationship with Darvin," Russell said.

"When I was struggling, I would've been able to come to the coach and say, 'Bro, this is what we should do. Like, I can help you.' Instead, there was no dialogue. ... I just accepted it.

"And we got swept and I'm here and he's not. And I like our chances."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39703917/dangelo-russell-journey-lakers-trade-chip-clutch-hero-ready-studied-test
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,303

Post#882 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:31 pm

Russell is a clown himself, but it seems Dennis is just not really liked anywhere he goes.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,256

Post#883 » by Zeno » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:52 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:Russell is a clown himself, but it seems Dennis is just not really liked anywhere he goes.

Dennis seems like a pretty decent guy but he seems like he might be a hard ass when it comes to rules. Basically he sweats the small stuff way too much and that turns people against him. Of course I’m basing this on very limited info like him calling out Kleber for not playing for Germany the year prior and saying he shouldn’t be allowed to play. Also his anger at the breaking of supposed unwritten rules at the end of games.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,848

Post#884 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:18 pm

TimeForChange wrote:Sound familiar? :lol:

Suddenly, the normally verbose playmaker didn't feel like he had much of a say. Lakers coach Darvin Ham limited Russell's role while leaning more heavily on veteran guard Dennis Schroder for the series.

Russell knew Ham and Schroder's history went back nearly a decade to their time together with the Atlanta Hawks, where Ham was an assistant coach. Russell, meanwhile, had been around Ham for two months. (Schroder signed a two-year deal with the Toronto Raptors in the offseason and was traded to the Brooklyn Nets last month.)

"His relationship with Darvin is the reason I couldn't have a relationship with Darvin," Russell said.

"When I was struggling, I would've been able to come to the coach and say, 'Bro, this is what we should do. Like, I can help you.' Instead, there was no dialogue. ... I just accepted it.

"And we got swept and I'm here and he's not. And I like our chances."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39703917/dangelo-russell-journey-lakers-trade-chip-clutch-hero-ready-studied-test

Darvin played the hell out of Schroeder in the playoffs hell or high water. That being said D-Lo was horrendous in the playoffs as usual and nobody could keep Murray in front of them.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,467

Post#885 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:19 pm

Schroder is a great backup who thinks he should be a starting PG.

Not knowing your role is a massive problem and Schroder has had this issue all the way back to when his career started with the Hawks and Jeff Teague. No one wants to deal with any headaches for a guy who isn't a star level player.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,383

Post#886 » by visionquest » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:46 pm

Schroder said the Raptors' plan for him changed mid-season, and the club lacked communication throughout the process. Nevertheless, Schroder said signing a contract with Toronto was the best decision because they paid the most.

https://m.basketnews.com/news-203618-schroder-blames-raptors-for-his-exit-claims-it-was-a-good-decision.html
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,242

Post#887 » by goinrogue » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:17 pm

In other words, Darko promised a starting role and the front office said not happening. Hopefully Darko grows from that experience. Dennis is delusional.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,998

Post#888 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:41 pm

goinrogue wrote:In other words, Darko promised a starting role and the front office said not happening. Hopefully Darko grows from that experience. Dennis is delusional.

Every contract this guy has signed is thought of as a "bargain" yet he never makes it a year on his "bargain" contract. So glad he's not on this team.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#889 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:30 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
goinrogue wrote:In other words, Darko promised a starting role and the front office said not happening. Hopefully Darko grows from that experience. Dennis is delusional.

Every contract this guy has signed is thought of as a "bargain" yet he never makes it a year on his "bargain" contract. So glad he's not on this team.

His youtube show had at home with a Khardasian vibe. People kind of consumed by image and self importance. Good that he won that FIBA championship because he seemed to roll into yet another Masai free agent signing where any success is so terribly shortlived. Proof the front office, some of them could not see the big deconstruction that was coming.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,600

Post#890 » by bluerap23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:08 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

His youtube show had at home with a Khardasian vibe. People kind of consumed by image and self importance. Good that he won that FIBA championship because he seemed to roll into yet another Masai free agent signing where any success is so terribly shortlived. Proof the front office, some of them could not see the big deconstruction that was coming.

Dennis famously fumbled the bag, but will still have a career earnings over 100 million by the end of his career.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,179

Post#891 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:27 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Raps were pretty good to start the season. But then OG and Pascal "quiet quit" - at least on defence. Masai wasn't gonna give Pascal more than three years, or max out OG. And when the losing started, the focus shifted to developing the kids, which obviously did not include Dennis.

I see no problem with his comments here. At the end of the day, it is what it is.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,897

Post#892 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:15 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

The one area Masai definitely deserves his share of criticism is free agency

It’s why I hope he uses any financial flexibility this summer on trades, even if it’s taking back bad contracts for assets like prospects/rookie deals and picks.

Return to Toronto Raptors