ImageImageImageImageImage

All Canadian High School Game

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,030

All Canadian High School Game 

Post#1 » by MEDIC » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:19 pm

I made this post in the Team Canada thread, but I figured it deserved it's own thread for those interested. Link to game below:

I went to the All Canadian Highschool Allstar game last night (Formerly Biosteel game). I have been to every game since it's inception in 2015. That was the year Jamal Murray was in it. Last nights game was probably the most entertaining game I have seen. There were more high flyers in this game than ever before. Tons of unbelievable in game dunks. These kids put on a show.

Chris Tadjo & Jalik Dunkley-Distant won players of the game.
Ishan Sharma won Canadian High School player of the year.

There were so many high fliers with length in the game. Even the 6'1" PG's had major hops & had some amazing dunks. I saw the game with Lou Dort a few years back & he put on a show with his dunks. This game felt like there were 6 or 7 guys with Dorts athleticism. Some possibly more athletic.

These are the players that stood out to me:

Tristan Beckford - Good length, great hops, good handle. He got to the rim several times & made some highlight plays. He was also able to hit multiple 3's & had good shooting form.

Jalik Dunkley-Distant - Very similar to Beckford. Good length & a great all around game. Also a high flyer.

Elijah Duval - PG with some serious hops. Some of the dunks that he did in warmup were unreal. Also had an excellent handle & a quick first step. He was also able to make some long range shots.

Chris Kumu - Another 6'3" high flyer that had some unbelievable in game dunks.

Will Riley - Started off slow. It was a physical game at times & I could see him get a little frustrated after getting clobbered a couple of times with no call. He picked things up in the 2nd half & was very strong for the rest of the game. He may have been the most skilled wing there. Excellent shooting form & was also able to get to the rim pretty easily. I don't think his game is suited as well for an allstar type game, but you could see that he probably had the best all round offensive game compared to other wings.

Hudson Ward - Big, strong, athletic SF that had a very solid all around game. Good defensive instincts. Was able to stay in front of his man. Also very athletic. He had a few very nice dunks. He also had a smooth looking shot from distance. He swished several 3's.

There are others that I am missing for sure, It was hard to keep track. (Sean Blake had a nice game)
All of the other years I went, they handed out a paper program with the players numbers & names so you could figure out who was who. This year the budget was probably a little less without the Biosteel sponsorship.

This looked like a really nice crop of players. Most already have multiple Division 1 offers & many have already committed. Really strong group of guards and forwards.

The jerseys & gear that they were wearing was Niice! I wish they were selling some of it. I definitely would have bought one of the T-shirts that they were wearing. (Canadian across the front & the All Canadian logo on the back)

Here is a link to the game:

* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,672

Re: All Canadian High School Game 

Post#2 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:53 pm

Have any of these guys committed to top tier NCAA programs yet? Any one of them projected to make it to the NBA?
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#3 » by MEDIC » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:21 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:Have any of these guys committed to top tier NCAA programs yet? Any one of them projected to make it to the NBA?

Will Riley is the name that I hear most as a potential 1st round draft pick. He's ranked pretty high in the US highschool rankings. I think a few others have the talent, it just depends on the work they put in over the next few years.

Ward is committed to Penn St. believe.
Rioux - Florida
Tadjo - Iowa
Kumu - Arizona St I believe
Sharma - Virginia
Blake - Vermont
Will Riley - It sounds like all of the Big programs have offered

There are others for sure..
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,740

Post#4 » by maternal85 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:45 am

Where can we find this year's slam dunk competition highlights
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#5 » by MEDIC » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:31 pm

maternal85 wrote:Where can we find this year's slam dunk competition highlights

I was looking for it. Couldn't find it. I didn't go, but had a friend that did. He said it was amazing. It was a legit dunk compeition. Better than a lot of NBA dunk comps.

I am pretty sure one of the PG's won it. Probably Duval or Kumu. I'll be honest......there were some westbrook-esqe level dunks from these guys in warm up and in the game.

Edit: Beckford won the dunk competition. Sharma won the 3 point shootout. Sharma has fantastic shooting mechanics.

Return to Toronto Raptors